Mr Andrew Webster

JM1872

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen any of the game so can't really comment about his performance last night, but some of the comments on here are a bit ridiculous though. It's a shame that Webster has been plagued by injuries, it must be really gutting for the player as well as the fans that he can't get to play, and when back fit he isn't going to oust either Bougherra or Weir as they will be the first choice week in week out so he has had to sit on the bench.

This idea about playing Bougherra at right back with a current partnership of Weir and Webster, that I would like to see, it would suit Bougherra's style in the SPL seeing that at times he plays on the right wing, and it would give Webster a chance to prove himself, and maybe, eventually become the long term replacement for Weir.

As for Hearts this weekend, Bougherra is legible to play, he had a one game suspension and because we managed to get the game in last night he has now served his suspension so should play at the weekend.

Oz, I was just about to post about him not being able to get a run of games. If Weir and Bougherra are fit and available WS would not drop either of them. I forgot that Bougherra is a more than capable RB. This setup could work really well in the SPL.

Here's hoping he can stay fit until the end of the season.

So do I because I have a feeling we are going to need him when the games come thick and fast....And I agree that it's highly unlikely that Davie Weir would ever be dropped from the team, no matter how much his lack of pace and distribution hurt us.

I'm just watching the highlights on the BBC website.

That was an important block/touch he got in when McGregor tipped a header back into play. He was sharp there and his touch was enough to nip it from the attacker. While he was on the deck, too.

You can bet your money on him having an excelent 2nd half of the season then us offering a new contract and him rejecting it and signing for someone else.

Or even worse, he'll sign a new deal with us then get injured again.

When fit though he is a cracking defender.

If he can perform consistently, i wouldn't mind him extending his stay and possibly forming a partership with bougie (if he stayed also). He captained Dundee United to the Scottish Cup win last season so he could possibly be an influential player on the park, we can only wait and see though.

With the amount of important games we've got coming up this month and next we're going to need him to play and ultimately stay fit! Weir's going to have to be rotated in those games because it's far too many for a 41 year old regardless of what the fuck he says.

This where players like Webster, Ness, Wylde (given a chance), Beattie, Lafferty, Kerkar (given a game) etc can make a name for themselves and prove their worth.