Tim Matavz

I meant if it had a minimum fee release clause. It also used to be you had to start the game in the correct country to see full deatils loaded. Not sure how it goes now wacko.gif

For villareal he had a 21 million pound release clause :anguish: . Perhaps 2.1 million was the release clause in his contract :craphead:

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone plead update me on this thread ?

Lots of rumours gathering pace it seems and someone posted soething about him supposedly coming for a medical the day/night

Fs 122 guests have broken into a library and are all huddled round the 1 computer wae windows 98 on the go which of course they are having trouble working.

the matavz deal is just a sillt out of proportian romour . STVGrant Grant Russell

Tim Matavz story is incredible. Came from one tweet and now it's gospel. Rangers won't sign him unless the transfer budget has ballooned.

Im not claiming that we are even interested here, but how would STV know our exact budget? If the guy has a minimum fee release clause then it would not be a huge amount. Groningen are also a suprise package in the Eredivise this year so its not like we are going in for Ajax or PSV's top man.

Gunslinger you got the early edition yet mate?

I obviously speak Dutch, if you need anything translated let me know.

Though I am quite positive Matavz won't join Rangers, as I can't see how they'll scrape the money together. Groningen FC just gave him a new contract this summer, his contract runs to summer of 2013 now and as far as I know, there's no buy-out clause or anything of that in his contract. Knowing the club, they always bargain hard and I really can't see him leaving for less than 4-5 million euros.

Though I am quite positive Matavz won't join Rangers, as I can't see how they'll scrape the money together. Groningen FC just gave him a new contract this summer, his contract runs to summer of 2013 now and as far as I know, there's no buy-out clause or anything of that in his contract. Knowing the club, they always bargain hard and I really can't see him leaving for less than 4-5 million euros.

Just seems odd the groningen chief not saying if a bid had been made or not....if one was not made then surely you would just say no

Just seems odd the groningen chief not saying if a bid had been made or not....if one was not made then surely you would just say no

Well, the presenter of the sports program asked whether there was a bid, he didn't mention the Gers at all. So, I believe there was a bid on Matavz, but it wasn't Rangers who put it in, to be honest.

Well, the presenter of the sports program asked whether there was a bid, he didn't mention the Gers at all. So, I believe there was a bid on Matavz, but it wasn't Rangers who put it in, to be honest.

But he didnt mention any other team though did he :sherlock:

But he didnt mention any other team though did he :sherlock:

He didn't really say anything. He didn't want to confirm or deny there was a bid whatsoever concerning Matavz (or other players). However, if there hadn't been any bid, he would have said so. Body language of Mr Nijland also tells us there's something going on he won't let us in on.

im guessing he never mentioned any other team either?

Schmoke and a pancake?

Because people want rumours to be true, doesn't make it so. Yet everytime we get linked to multi-million pound target people actually believe this shite. Is it not obvious were skint?!?! we just sold Miller for £300k because we couldn't afford to make a contract offer more than 1 year! How the fuck we gonna afford this guy? Seriously, the only person you are kidding on by believing these internet rumours, is yourself.

Because people want rumours to be true, doesn't make it so. Yet everytime we get linked to multi-million pound target people actually believe this shite. Is it not obvious were skint?!?! we just sold Miller for £300k because we couldn't afford to make a contract offer more than 1 year! How the fuck we gonna afford this guy? Seriously, the only person you are kidding on by believing these internet rumours, is yourself.

Keeps us off the streets, mate.

He didn't really say anything. He didn't want to confirm or deny there was a bid whatsoever concerning Matavz (or other players). However, if there hadn't been any bid, he would have said so. Body language of Mr Nijland also tells us there's something going on he won't let us in on.

hmmmm interesting :sherlock:

aye your right

we'll never be able to spend 4m on jelavic....