Tim Matavz

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From his wiki:

On 13 March 2009 Matavž scored his first goal in the Eredivisie in a 2–0 victory over Roda JC.[4] Soon he began scoring for Groningen on regular basis in all competitions. On 24 February 2010 Matavž extended his contract with club until 2012.[5] no surrender

Despite various rumours, Matavz will not be signing for glasgow rangers. < How do you know timmy?

seems to be a wee thing going on over on wiki :ph34r:

EDIT: "how do you know timmy?" has been removed by someone (td)

I presume that if he came on loan to us then he would be eligible for the Europa League as Groningen did not participate in the group stages. This could be a useful exercise for Groningen to loan him to a club that is playing in europe and give him some more exposure/experience and potentially bump up his value.

Here's hoping!!

So far this season, his record is 15 goals and 5 assists in 26 games in all competitions, starting only 4 of those games from the bench. It's not surprising then, with stats like those, that he is now attracting strong interest. His current deal expires in the summer of 2013 but he is only valued at around £2.5m.

Even if it was only for 6 months it would be fantastic to see Matavz and Jelavic as a pairing up top. Seen Matavz play a good few times on the TV and looks quite the player.

Imagine the team setting out like this:

Naismith Ness Davis Weiss

Jelavic Matavz

Would rip any SPL defence apart and IMO would not look out of place in the Euro Cup.

thing is guys ..the boys on their forum are actually reading the comments on this forum ..and given their english is better than our dutch ..we are gettin slagged big time by them .wheres king billy when u need him ?

I have read a few of the posts on the fc Groningen forum and the rumour their is that a bid of €6 million euros has been made by us and they want to buy some guy from herenveen for €2.5 million euros. Given them a profit of €3.5 million euros, which they are quite happy about.

There is absolutely no way we are bidding £5million for this guy or any player. This is a pile of shit.

FFS the rumour started in Holland, and now were being linked with 6 million euro bids. Im away for a lie down. It was said in Holland today would be his last game for them and hes coming to us.

At 6 million tho i seriously doubt it!!!

FFS the rumour started in Holland, and now were being linked with 6 million euro bids. Im away for a lie down. It was said in Holland today would be his last game for them and hes coming to us.

At 6 million tho i seriously doubt it!!!

Unless we have accepted the £10M bid for the Ulster Gazelle

it has been rumoured among fans that 6 million has been offered because they see that as what hes worth .but its also reported that he has a buy out clause in his contract and thats what theyve been offered by us..and seemingly the players mind has been made up and he wants to move .hence the bitchin on their forum bout us..

I have read a few of the posts on the fc Groningen forum and the rumour their is that a bid of €6 million euros has been made by us and they want to buy some guy from herenveen for €2.5 million euros. Given them a profit of €3.5 million euros, which they are quite happy about.

There is absolutely no way we are bidding £5million for this guy or any player. This is a pile of shit.

(tu)