Who is to blame for the financial mess we are in?

nvager

What mismanagement brought us to this sad state?

The board and the managers over the years I would think.

At one point our debt had been reduced to a fairly small amount and then it was allowed to ballon again. Why? Did SDM not pay off 50m and we were down to about 7m of debt? Just how then did we let it get up to 32m again?

In reality just who is to blame for this? Anyone know?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at times, we were run with a mentality to that of supporters. My priorities are to thrash timmy and win the league. Now I think especially 1990 onwards, the board lived that mentality as well. Spending whatever to sign whoever, thinking that simply spending more than THEM brought success. And it did, to start with. Now look at us. Selling our top goalscorer for peanuts because we couldnt satisfy his financial demands, which probably weren't so much more than his current wage.

I do hope we're on the right tracks now and turned the corner, focusing on youth development and signing 16/17 year olds from England and beyond. Well I force myself to think that, otherwise I'd pretty depressed after a defeat like today, turning to the bottle.

Now where's the grouse...

The answer is obvious, Murray, Bain and Sir Walter.

We were on the road to recovery financially during PLG's time due to Big Ecks extreme downsizing of our playing staff after Wee Dick blew almost £100m to win the SPL and took us to £83m in debt.

I read somewhere we were £5m ot £6m in debt when Walter took over. Hes spent almost £40m in 4 years, huge sums for any Scottish team.

We had a record turnover year on our run to Manchester, yet our debt seemed to rise that year incredibly.

We lost £15m from Europe, losing to Kaunas, yet still spent the best part of £10m after that im sure, thats a £25m turnaround. It was always goign to lead to huge debt, another huge debt under Murray.

Thats twice he has took us to the brink.

His CEO, Mr Bain comes into it with the hundreds of contracts he negotiated over the years with imposter after imposter, then having to pay them off to get them out the club, whether it be contract pay offs or sweetners to leave. He has consistantly failed to negotiate decent fees for outgoign players, with 1 or 2 exceptions, he has consistantly offered incoming players huge long term contracts, he done it during Ecks tenure, it continued under PLG and even nowadays, the contracts of Lafferty and McCulloch are beggars belief. The amount of money we have lost through silly transfers just to get a fast buck is ridiculous, its almost embarrassing, Mr Bain is our transfer man.

Only since the bank, Mr Muir and AJ have stepped up to the plate have we seen an upturn in financial results, resulting from huge cull of playing staff, admin staff and a refusal to sign players for 2 years. A few Euro campaigns also helped, as they do.

Mr Bain and Mr Murray have alot to answer for.

Sir Walter has done his job well on the park but the club have paid a huge price for this success.

Like SteveJ(i think) said on another thread, he spent £7m in the summer, yet is still moaning about having not enough players etc etc. Hes had 4 years and almost £40m to build a squad and still hasnt replaced a short term signing in Weir and he still hasnt filled our left midfield slot. Almost £40m on and our team is far from settled. Yes weve had success, but is it worth the cost that we are paying for now?

Another small point but pricey one is the loss of our club shops, were only raking in a guaranteed £3m per year from merchandising. Our rivals are raking in over £15m every year from their club shops(albeit they need to pay costs but i doubt it costs £12m to run 16 club shops annually).

Our club is a shambles, there is no doubt about it.

I cant wait till Bain, Murray and sadly Walter are gone. I feel really sorry for Ally having to come into his dream job with so many things going against him.

I would blame that cunt Advocaat although if your chairman is that thick to give you 12 million to buy one player doh Murray and Dick are the biggest culprits in my opinion the money he wasted when he was in charge :mad: if I have anymore fucking rants tonight rhis computer is going out the fucking window :mad:

again again and again its advocaat chasing the champions league and sir dav fuck it that guy our so called chairman, all he had to do was say no, when dick left big eck ended up with half a squad from dicks era, then the asset stripping began then it got worse when plg took over, player power and a pussy of a chairman sacked plg and smith came back, now we were pretty much in the shit by then but smith was given a shit load of money to buy players and that brings us to this very day.

when the heat was on the chairman, mccleland took charge, dave the took over then he fucked off again and aj stepped up, nae wonder the kunt is hiding while we're being fucked left right and centre all thanks to him for saying NO.

using my phone to type this out while i'm in the shite hoose.

Just got back from my day and night out in Edinburgh/Tynecastle and I kid you not? heard it from two different sources one connected to Ibrox and one about as connected as Derek Acorra to us. Monday 24Th is going to be a big day for Rangers and (don't shoot the messenger).........another 48hrs another 48hrs another, actually it's only one 48hrs i was trying that for dramatic effect like the enemy within the enemy within. :sherlock:

Dont know if walter can be blamed really, he gets cash and spends it, he has failures and successes like every manager, and considering the restraints of late we actually dont know what the squad would look like at present if we didnt have all these financials and we werent Forced to downsize in such a drastic manner, walters job is manage and he has managed two titles so far and hopefully 3 on the way, the blame lays at the door of those who failed the fans, and the manager hasnt has he

We were on the road to recovery financially during PLG's time due to Big Ecks extreme downsizing of our playing staff after Wee Dick blew almost £100m to win the SPL and took us to £83m in debt.

I read somewhere we were £5m ot £6m in debt when Walter took over. Hes spent almost £40m in 4 years, huge sums for any Scottish team.

We had a record turnover year on our run to Manchester, yet our debt seemed to rise that year incredibly.

We lost £15m from Europe, losing to Kaunas, yet still spent the best part of £10m after that im sure, thats a £25m turnaround. It was always goign to lead to huge debt, another huge debt under Murray.

His CEO, Mr Bain comes into it with the hundreds of contracts he negotiated over the years with imposter after imposter, then having to pay them off to get them out the club, whether it be contract pay offs or sweetners to leave. He has consistantly failed to negotiate decent fees for outgoign players, with 1 or 2 exceptions, he has consistantly offered incoming players huge long term contracts, he done it during Ecks tenure, it continued under PLG and even nowadays, the contracts of Lafferty and McCulloch are beggars belief. The amount of money we have lost through silly transfers just to get a fast buck is ridiculous, its almost embarrassing, Mr Bain is our transfer man.

Only since the bank, Mr Muir and AJ have stepped up to the plate have we seen an upturn in financial results, resulting from huge cull of playing staff, admin staff and a refusal to sign players for 2 years. A few Euro campaigns also helped, as they do.

Sir Walter has done his job well on the park but the club have paid a huge price for this success.

Like SteveJ(i think) said on another thread, he spent £7m in the summer, yet is still moaning about having not enough players etc etc. Hes had 4 years and almost £40m to build a squad and still hasnt replaced a short term signing in Weir and he still hasnt filled our left midfield slot. Almost £40m on and our team is far from settled. Yes weve had success, but is it worth the cost that we are paying for now?

Another small point but pricey one is the loss of our club shops, were only raking in a guaranteed £3m per year from merchandising. Our rivals are raking in over £15m every year from their club shops(albeit they need to pay costs but i doubt it costs £12m to run 16 club shops annually).

I cant wait till Bain, Murray and sadly Walter are gone. I feel really sorry for Ally having to come into his dream job with so many things going against him.

few points walter has raised a shit load from player sales.

3 huge european runs as well.

we get 4.8 million per year from the shop deal though its less on an actual annual basis as we took some of that upfront to pay for the shutdown costs. its around 4.2 million.

if celtc take 15 million then its highly unlikley they make more than 3 million 20% profit from retail is a very very well run retail return.

as for the 7 million in the summer walter raised that money from sales and had limited wage budget to play with.

Never thought about the bit i've put in bold. Very interesting...very poor actually by Walter.

few points walter has raised a shit load from player sales.

3 huge european runs as well.

we get 4.8 million per year from the shop deal though its less on an actual annual basis as we took some of that upfront to pay for the shutdown costs. its around 4.2 million.

if celtc take 15 million then its highly unlikley they make more than 3 million 20% profit from retail is a very very well run retail return.

as for the 7 million in the summer walter raised that money from sales and had limited wage budget to play with.

Shit load? We got robbed for most of them! :)

I did mention Euro runs mate.

Its £3m according to the annual financial results. Where are you getting the extra £1.2m?

I dont know what their profit is for merchandising, according to their accounts, they raked in £15m and that was a year with no Euro football and no trophies.

He still spent it, that was my point, he chose how it would be spent, has he spent wisely over his 4 years? I would have to say no.

(tu)

Answer is quite simple guys................. We caused this. The fans had a share issue offered, the chance to do, way back then what the RST are trying now. To raise £20m for SDM to keep the club financially stable. How much did we raise??

NOTHING!! That was the point SDM said, F@ck em!!!

Do I blame him?? No. A share issue now?? pffft....... lock the stable door springs to mind. Let me tell you this Loyal Supporters, any takeover will cost US plenty.