Clubs interested in Allan McGregor?

GOAT

Wenger has been criticised for not addressing the lack of goalkeeping strength at Arsenal and knows that a bid of around £5m for McGregor would not be turned down by the Lloyds Banking Group, which is effectively running Rangers. The 28-year-old current Scotland No.1 is under contract until the summer of 2013 but the Ibrox club is vulnerable to losing any of its senior players.

Where is this quote from? :mad:

I dont know you just posted it

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wenger has been criticised for not addressing the lack of goalkeeping strength at Arsenal and knows that a bid of around £5m for McGregor would not be turned down by the Lloyds Banking Group, which is effectively running Rangers. The 28-year-old current Scotland No.1 is under contract until the summer of 2013 but the Ibrox club is vulnerable to losing any of its senior players.

Where is this quote from? :mad:

From the Herald:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/arsenal-lead-the-pack-as-english-clubs-chase-mcgregor-1.1081407

Weiss plus a few million woud be a fantastic deal imo (tu) as much as i dont want to lose shagger weiss would have massive resale value and we could strengthen other areas aswell.

was wondering how you would react to my transfer suggestion :sherlock: seeing as weiss is the devil in your eyes

i would value weiss about 500k but hes not the devil. infact hes a plesant young chap. next time we are playing hamilton i would even give him a start.

Cant see him going to Man City was talking to an Arsenal fan thru the week and he was asking how good Gregsy was as there was talk about Arsenal coming in for him but I take all these rumours and speculation with a pinch of salt until a deal has been done, I'd want 7m at least for him but Rangers sorry the bank would be happy enough with half that amount :mad:

The op has plenty of previous for this sort of shite.

What, like Jelavic and Eagles? True, I didn't bargain for Eagles not signing but I did say he was in Glasgow and he was.

I also PM'd one of the admin team on here last week to say we were looking to bring in Commons during this window and that looks as though it may well happen.

I jumped the gun this morning regarding SSN but I can't get it right all the time and I've already said I was sorry.

What, like Jelavic and Eagles? True, I didn't bargain for Eagles not signing but I did say he was in Glasgow and he was.

I also PM'd one of the admin team on here last week to say we were looking to bring in Commons during this window and that looks as though it may well happen.

I jumped the gun this morning regarding SSN but I can't get it right all the time and I've already said I was sorry.

Jumped the gun meaning you wanted the board to go crazy and be the proud owner of a 10 page thread?

Just because Arsenal may have had a scout watching him it means nothing. They had a scout watching Ricksen at Pittodrie in January 2005.

Jumped the gun meaning you wanted the board to go crazy and be the proud owner of a 10 page thread?

Just because Arsenal may have had a scout watching him it means nothing. They had a scout watching Ricksen at Pittodrie in January 2005.

No, I've got plenty of those already, thanks.

And just for the record I'd bite the hand from anyone willing to offer £5million for McGregor. We have an able deputy in Alexander (No, he's not as good) but he's still a very good keeper in his own right.

If losing McGregor means signing Commons, Matavz and Cerny as back up to Alexander then I'd settle for that as I think we'd be a stronger team.

No, I've got plenty of those already, thanks.

And just for the record I'd bite the hand from anyone willing to offer £5million for McGregor. We have an able deputy in Alexander (No, he's not as good) but he's still a very good keeper in his own right.

If losing McGregor means signing Commons, Matavz and Cerny as back up to Alexander then I'd settle for that as I think we'd be a stronger team.

we wou;dnt be stronger mate, you get greegs away and get alexander in goal but still the same defence, greegs can be the difference at times and unless we get a good centre back alexander will feel the pressure more, anyway i dont think alexander is anywhere near as proven than greegsy, just my opinion and all it is gonna take is a couple of mistakes then who steps in?

we wou;dnt be stronger mate, you get greegs away and get alexander in goal but still the same defence, greegs can be the difference at times and unless we get a good centre back alexander will feel the pressure more, anyway i dont think alexander is anywhere near as proven than greegsy, just my opinion and all it is gonna take is a couple of mistakes then who steps in?

Point taken but we'll have to disagree. (tu)

I've already said Alexander's not as good as McGregor but he's never let us down and he's a good Goalie.

Outfield we'd be a far stronger outfit with with guys such as Commons and Matavz if we could get hold of them.

Point taken but we'll have to disagree. (tu)

I've already said Alexander's not as good as McGregor but he's never let us down and he's a good Goalie.

Outfield we'd be a far stronger outfit with with guys such as Commons and Matavz if we could get hold of them.

totally agree he is a good keeper mate and done good standing in, i just think the mentality might change at the back if greegs is away, the defenders know they have a great no1 behind them and i think that helps, alexander has weeknesess like greegs but i feel greegs could be the difference this season, id feel lot more confident if we got a powerhouse centre back in though if the innevitable were to happen

Whether it be true or not I thank the OP for sharing..

Selling McGregor wouldn't be the end of the world as Alexander has always done well when called upon. Cashing in now for 5-7m would give us funds to improve the squad but it needs to happen soon.