Clubs interested in Allan McGregor?

GOAT

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right a cant see fuck all on their site! Whats happening or is this more FF nonsense

Ive just seen on the website that Wenger has confrimed they wil lsign chamberlain! The fee is around £10 million so i cant see them spending £15million on 2 players in January

man city and arsenal and some on here think we should gleefully accept 5 million.

:rolleyes:

Not should, we would accept £5m. He is worth more than that, I believe anyway.

McGregor is one player I really do not want to lose in this window. If he has to go, let it happen in the summer when we have time to bring someone in of quality. Very difficult to do that in January.

Sorry lads. I picked this up this morning from FF but having watched SSN there's been no offer as yet.

But it does look as though the vultures are hovering and McGregor could well be on his way if a decent offer does come in.

Just heard that there mate.

Apparently 4 or 5 sides. Now im not going to give an idiotic value but somewhere in the region of £7million and i think thats a great deal.

although i would rather Shagger stayed

If we are resigned to losing him, the more clubs the better !

Edit.

Wolves and Nottingham Forest were also represented at Tynecastle on Saturday.

Arsenal scout was at the game on Saturday too. Hopefully they were interested in Templeton.

From The Herald.

McGregor is one player I really do not want to lose in this window. If he has to go, let it happen in the summer when we have time to bring someone in of quality. Very difficult to do that in January.

i take it from your post you dont rate alexander then.cant see why not as he has done an excellent job when called upon.so at worst we would need a half decent No2.dont want shagger to go but we have the best cover around in alexander.

Don't want to lose him but IF we brought in Commons and Matavz along with Cammy Bell or Cerni then it might be a decent bit of business on our part.

Of all our players with a price on their head, McGregor is arguably the most disposable in that we have reasonable cover in Alexander.

if mcgregor goes for 5 million, that is the worst piece of business in the clubs history. best goalkeeper in Britain. how much would Kasper Schmeichel command for a fee if say Utd tried to sign him from Leeds...10/15 million? If McGregor only fetches 5 million, we can say goodbye to CL football even if we win the title. Our squad will be too poor to make it at this rate. :anguish:

Why the fuck would Man. City want Shagger? doh I'll be fuckin amazed if that was even remotely a close rumour.

Maybe Wenger might be tempted, but I doubt it very much, because he recently said he was satisfied that in Almunia and Fabianski he had two keepers who would be excellent...Not only that, He has a young 20 yr old keeper in Szczesny, who Wenger rates so highly that he said he will be "A great, great goalkeeper" and the future #1 at Arsenal.

Until I see shagger sign on the dotted line, I don't believe this story at all. :sherlock:

Don't want to lose him but IF we brought in Commons and Matavz along with Cammy Bell or Cerni then it might be a decent bit of business on our part.

Of all our players with a price on their head, McGregor is arguably the most disposable in that we have reasonable cover in Alexander.

Blouie id prefer Cerny out of the 2 if we could have the choice. But i dont want shagger to go anywhere :(

he is a fantastic goalkeeper and ahould be sold only at the correct price and thats nort of 5 million thats for sure.

no club with ambition sells players un january. not starters anyway.

Why the fuck would Man. City want Shagger? doh I'll be fuckin amazed if that was even remotely a close rumour.

Maybe Wenger might be tempted, but I doubt it very much, because he recently said he was satisfied that in Almunia and Fabianski he had two keepers who would be excellent...Not only that, He has a young 20 yr old keeper in Szczesny, who Wenger rates so highly that he said he will be "A great, great goalkeeper" and the future #1 at Arsenal.

Until I see shagger sign on the dotted line, I don't believe this story at all. :sherlock:

The Arsenal interest seems solid mate. Almunia wanting away maybe?

Rangers could face another major bid for one of their key men as Arsenal are watching goalkeeper Allan McGregor.

Arsene Wenger sent a scout to Tynecastle on Saturday to take in their defeat to Hearts, only days after confirming that his former first choice for the position, Manuel Almunia, may soon leave The Emirates. The Spaniard has not played since September and is now behind Lukasz Fabianski and Wojciech Szczesny as far as Arsenal are concerned. Wenger said Almunia was “on standby” for a possible departure in the January transfer window.

Wenger has been criticised for not addressing the lack of goalkeeping strength at Arsenal and knows that a bid of around £5m for McGregor would not be turned down by the Lloyds Banking Group, which is effectively running Rangers. The 28-year-old current Scotland No.1 is under contract until the summer of 2013 but the Ibrox club is vulnerable to losing any of its senior players.

We'll see though.

The Manc City 'interest' might be utter pie though :pipe:

i take it from your post you dont rate alexander then.cant see why not as he has done an excellent job when called upon.so at worst we would need a half decent No2.dont want shagger to go but we have the best cover around in alexander.

I think you have jumped to the wrong conclusion here. When I said bring in someone of quality I meant in an outfield position not GK. Alexander deserves the number 1 shirt if McGregor goes. I should have been clearer.

We would need a new back up keeper but that would cost a daft amount, Cammy Bell has been talked about a lot and I would be happy with that.

mcgergor would be the best keeper at either club.