Kris Common

That makes no sese at all offering him a 2.5 year deal. If we are in for him im sure we would offer at least a 3 year deal maybe more which would more than match 20k a week for 2.5 years. Something just is not right. TBH i cannot see this prem team(if it is indeed a orem team offering him more) being anyone above the bottom 6. So he will need to decide....shyt mid-relegation obscurity or coming to the best football establishment in the world. Seems an obvious choice eh ? :(

No way we should pay Commons 18-20k a week. I'd be happy for us to walk away from the deal if he doesn't budge from that.

15k absolute maximum. I would say that's extremely generous for a 27 year old player who has only established himself in one league, the championship and made no impact at international level.

22:30pm Update on Kris Commons: It is now believed that the story of Kris Commons and Rangers has taken another turn. Rangers, having offered the player the £14,000 per week that was earmarked for Miller, is now believed to have knocked back that offer, with his agent citing an offer from 'elsewhere' of £18,000 per week. Rangers have apparently said that they will not (as yet) increase their offer to more than the £14k initially offered.

The club had thought that the deal was sewen up, as with the clubs agreeing a fee and the player intimating that he wished to join the Scottish Champions at the wage on offer, everything looked a formality. However, with a third party coming in to offer more than Rangers, the agent put the blocks on the proposed move for now. Whether this is merely a bargaining tool by the agent or a legitamite bid is as yet unknown.

With the state of play the way that it is just now, the papers will tomorrow be showing that the deal is dead, however every Rangers supporter will be hoping that the £18k is merely a bargaining tool for the agent and that the player will find a medium ground between the two weekly wages.

More on this story as we hear about it. Again, this is merely a story based on one persons sources, so you may take from it what you will.

We won't go to 18k . No chance.

Guest therabbitt

I updated the story to the best of my knowledge on the homepage.

At the time I wrote the story, I fully believed what I had been told. I went out to the boozer for a couple of jars and got the phonecall that it the situation had changed. Since I didnt have access to my computer I fired a wee update onto my Twitter.

I have no doubts whatsoever that whenever I ran with the story, the club thought they were getting Kris Commons. You can all take that or leave it. Within my original article I made it clear that it was just the information that I had and that people could take from that whatever they wanted. Since then it's changed - seems we will have to Kris him goodbye.

No way we should pay Commons 18-20k a week. I'd be happy for us to walk away from the deal if he doesn't budge from that.

15k absolute maximum. I would say that's extremely generous for a 27 year old player who has only established himself in one league, the championship and made no impact at international level.

Totally agree mate

I updated the story to the best of my knowledge on the homepage.

At the time I wrote the story, I fully believed what I had been told. I went out to the boozer for a couple of jars and got the phonecall that it the situation had changed. Since I didnt have access to my computer I fired a wee update onto my Twitter.

I have no doubts whatsoever that whenever I ran with the story, the club thought they were getting Kris Commons. You can all take that or leave it. Within my original article I made it clear that it was just the information that I had and that people could take from that whatever they wanted. Since then it's changed - seems we will have to Kris him goodbye.

so has your source told you now its not happening ?

Who isn't "only in it for the money" these days???

It's all about money, we would struggle to sign anyone if that was the case,

Like any place of employment you have to pay the going wage or people won't work for you.

We just can't expect folk to take less money and turn down better offers just because we are rangers.

Just doesn't work like that anymore.

Well we can't afford those sort of wages, so we will have to look elsewhere, which is utter bullshit, as Commons isn't even that good.

As the derby fans said he is a money grabbing bastard

Fuck him , he'll not hold our club to ransom

just like eagles he can play for a pish run of the mill club

As coisty said , these guys aren't footballers , footballers want to win trophies not win money

18k a week is a pittance in terms of world football.

pretty standard for an international player i would say.

a 4k extra over 2.5 years is 500k.

the charlie adam money. half the cup money.

quite a bit less than we would likley make on him if we sold him on.

If it turns out this unnamed club didnt know about our deal until walter opened his mouth then hes produced a fuckin massive howler. although seems wierd this team coming in at this time. Surely they would have came in when they knew we were negotiating this morning <cr>

Guest therabbitt

so has your source told you now its not happening ?

I updated the story on the homepage to reflect the best of my knowledge now.

In short, no. At present we will not be signing him as Commons and his agent have told the club they will not accept £14k as they have an offer of £18k plus £2k bonuses from 'elsewhere'. We have told Commons we will not go above our £14k offer.

Whether that is the end of talks, or whether we go back to Commons with a new offer I've no idea as yet.

In short, no. At present we will not be signing him as Commons and his agent have told the club they will not accept £14k as they have an offer of £18k plus £2k bonuses from 'elsewhere'. We have told Commons we will not go above our £14k offer.

Whether that is the end of talks, or whether we go back to Commons with a new offer I've no idea as yet.

awk well cheers anyhow (tu)

18 + 2k bonuses sounds alot like a celtc contract to me.

according to the record the club knew this afternoon this wasnt happening.

Well either sources are really late with their info or daily records jst spouting random shite

Well fuck him, plenty more where he came from and some who would jump at the chance to play for the mighty Rangers.

Oh and maybe we could bring back Muscat to break the wee chunky cunts legs if he signs for the scum (tu)