Who comes first in the pecking order

nvager

It will be a Jelavic - Healy partnership. Could be a good one both hardworking forwards who can score when provided with chances. At least Jela wont have to do all the running for Healy. I think these two could really compliment each other well. (tu)

It feels as if Beattie isn't even worth having in the team, so having Healy too doesn't feel much better.

I'd say we give Healy the chance before Beattie now but if he's as bad as the latter, then it's time to give Fleck a chance up front. Although I don't personally think that would be his natural position, he'd surely do better than Beattie.

Unlike you to be so negative nvager?

I know, but Healy's recent form does not send me into raptures. We have lost 2 great goalscorers in Boyd and Miller for next to nothing due to managerial incompetence and more managerial incompetence paid 1.5m + wages for Beattie and now we are bringing in Healy. We could have gone for a younger player with some promise surely instead of these over the hill rejects. Healy could not make the Doncaster Rovers first 11.

I hope Healy proves me wrong, but I have big big doubts.

I know, but Healy's recent form does not send me into raptures. We have lost 2 great goalscorers in Boyd and Miller for next to nothing due to managerial incompetence and more managerial incompetence paid 1.5m + wages for Beattie and now we are bringing in Healy. We could have gone for a younger player with some promise surely instead of these over the hill rejects. Healy could not make the Doncaster Rovers first 11.

Have to disagree,

We accepted a bid for Boyd and he chose to sit it out and deprive us of a fee.

Miller didn't deserve a 3 year contract at the age of 31 either.

I accept your reservations about Healy though.

Guest therabbitt

Miller wasn't reviled as a goalscorer until he was asked by management to change his game a little and given a chance to prove that he could score. I'd afford Healy the exact same chance to prove himself before I wrote him off.

There is quite a lot being said around him being a Rangers fan, but I think that is genuine. If I had lost my passion for the game and then I was given a chance to play for the club I support then I'd certainly feel a freshness in my legs and be able to run that step quicker and jump that bit higher. Healy will revel wearing a Rangers jersey and I look forward to seeing him do so.

But I am a little biased, I'm a big fan of the guy.

Have to disagree,

We accepted a bid for Boyd and he chose to sit it out and deprive us of a fee.

Miller didn't deserve a 3 year contract at the age of 31 either.

I accept your reservations about Healy though.

If these two players contracts had been handled better we should have had good money for both of them.

Example Celtic have given ther young player Forrest a 5 year contract after a short time in the 1st team. we have given Ness a 2 year contract. After this season he will just have 1 year of his contract to run. We will then be in the same position as we were with Wilson, Boyd, Miller etc.

As for Beattie after this year he still has another year to go. We extended Webster's contract for 3 years and in that time he has played something like 3 or 4 games.

Is this all just bad luck?

Miller wasn't reviled as a goalscorer until he was asked by management to change his game a little and given a chance to prove that he could score. I'd afford Healy the exact same chance to prove himself before I wrote him off.

There is quite a lot being said around him being a Rangers fan, but I think that is genuine. If I had lost my passion for the game and then I was given a chance to play for the club I support then I'd certainly feel a freshness in my legs and be able to run that step quicker and jump that bit higher. Healy will revel wearing a Rangers jersey and I look forward to seeing him do so.

But I am a little biased, I'm a big fan of the guy.

Like I said before I will be delighted if he proves me wrong, but after seeing Beattie in action this scares me.

Guest therabbitt

Like I said before I will be delighted if he proves me wrong, but after seeing Beattie in action this scares me.

Don't be so pessimistic! There's as much chance of him being a flop as there is of him being a success, just look at Davie Weir, this place was in meltdown when he signed and now he is a club hero. We should learn to not judge until they have been on the pitch.

Stupidly perhaps, I've still not written off James Beattie as a Ranger. If he gets one goal then he would get a lift and could kick on from there. I'm the other side of being too pessimistic though, I'm the eternal optimist.

If these two players contracts had been handled better we should have had good money for both of them.

Example Celtic have given ther young player Forrest a 5 year contract after a short time in the 1st team. we have given Ness a 2 year contract. After this season he will just have 1 year of his contract to run. We will then be in the same position as we were with Wilson, Boyd, Miller etc.

As for Beattie after this year he still has another year to go. We extended Webster's contract for 3 years and in that time he has played something like 3 or 4 games.

Is this all just bad luck?

I think Boyd was always leaving as he was on the sidelines for the bigger games,partly as he couldn't play as lone striker and also Walter's reluctance to play two up front.

Miller was a gamble,albeit one that paid off but you know what he's like when it comes to money.

The Ness contract situation you have a point,looks like we have been scared off with players riding out their contract doing nothing.

He has looked great so far and I'll go as far as saying he will be away when his contact expires.

I wouldn't mind if we got a decent fee for him but I doubt we will.