Walters post match interview

Guy on the phone-ins tonight.

"I'm a Celtic fan, and I think it is fair to say that Rangers try to sign players that reflect what the club stands for."

Needless to say they hung up on him. How can he possibly say that when Neil Lennon manages his football team!

Very simple, mate! They are brainwashed as well as unwashed and there's nothing worse than a smelly fuckwit who can't think for himself sensibly.

Guy on the phone-ins tonight.

"I'm a Celtic fan, and I think it is fair to say that Rangers try to sign players that reflect what the club stands for."

Needless to say they hung up on him. How can he possibly say that when Neil Lennon manages his football team!

I heard that as well, saying we had signed a player that reflected the ethos of the club. The panel made him repeat it at least six times after that before cutting him off. It was obvious from the start the guy was a moron.

Our best player I though even thought he was kicked all over the park.

That Ian Black is a thug.

Weiss had great first half and Ness played well too.

Great to hear Walter stick up for him just hope Diouf will handle the Glasgow fishbowl.

From the BBC, well done Walter :praise:

Rangers manager Smith slams Diouf media reception

Rangers manager Walter Smith spoke up in defence of new signing El Hadji Diouf after the 1-0 win over Hearts.

Diouf made his debut in the Scottish Premier League encounter at Ibrox, a couple of days after his transfer deadline-day loan move from Blackburn.

And asked about the somewhat negative reaction to his signing, Smith said: "In Scotland, it's not unexpected, the reaction you get.

"Better treatment than a serial killer, I suppose, but there you are."

Diouf has had his brushes with controversy north and south of the border, including an incident at Celtic Park during his spell with Liverpool when he was caught on camera spitting on a Celtic fan in a Uefa Cup tie.

"I heard the lad's interview on radio yesterday and he apologised for one or two of the incidents but this morning's reporting seems to have missed out the apology," Smith said.

"Like everyone else in life, he's made one or two errors, he's stood up and admitted it. But in Scotland you always get a bit of over-reaction to everything and that's just the way it is.

"I thought he did very well, considering he hasn't played for a couple of weeks. He showed that he's wanting to be involved in the play overall, he's keen to get on the ball and once he gets a couple of games under his belt I think he'll do well for us."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9385793.stm