Favourite Old Firm game

Tumshie

League Cup Final in 1984. Rangers 3 Celtic 2. Rangers 2-0 up and looking like it was in the bag. A late penalty gave Celtic a draw at full-time.

Ally McCoist seals the victory in extra-time. He actually missed the penalty, but scored the rebound from Bonner.

Stressed out by the end of it, but it was a victory in an age when we weren't winning a lot.

Other good memories 5-1 at Ibrox in 1988.

The first league victory at Celtic Park for eight years, when Walters ran riot - 1989.

Another when McCoist scored after Hurlock dispossessed Fulton, to release Ally who scored against Bonner (he seemed to take ages.)

The 1984 LC Final could have been far more important than just that trophy, as that was the day McCoist was finally accepted by the support.

If that hadn't happened his career, and our fortunes, could have been so different. Good shout.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy one this for years those jammy bassas scoring last miniute winners to get them out of jail .

Until Peter Lovenkrands dished out some payback in the Scottish Cup Final

with that header in the last miniute i jumped up and did the same action

I ran round my sisters living room like a lunatic and too me i had scored the goal too !!

The joy lasted all night that if i had lost a winning lottery ticket it wouldnt have mattered .

Love Lovenkrands for that day :praise: