Jamie Ness

Cappa

Now, I know with a young, up and coming talent, people will always go overboard with the praise. I may be doing that, but I honestly think he'll be a star for this club for the rest of this season and many seasons to come.

My question is, could he become a better footballer than Barry Ferguson? The reason I say Bazza is he's the last central midfielder we've created who's went on and made a name for himself and had a decent career, whilst being a fucking top notch midfielder in the process. I see lots of Barry Ferguson in Jamie, which can only be a good thing considering how good Bazza was in a Rangers jersey before joining Blackburn.

This isn't an overreaction to his goal yesterday, either. I don't jump on bandwagons. I just love players with the style of Ness. A centre mid who'll retain possession with ease, create chances, score great goals from midfield and by the looks of things, play with great maturity in the middle of the park.

I know some will say Bazza isn't the last we created, Charlie Adam is. I don't count him though because we never saw the Blackpool Charlie Adam up here. It's like a different player all together.

He's a neat and tidy player who is certainly good enough for Rangers or a bottom half EPL team, but i don't see him ever being anything more than that. Being able to spray 40 yard passes doesn't make you a world beater, though it might get you a £14 million move if you play for Blackpool

He definitely could be better than Barry Ferguson.

I'd actually say as a footballer, he's not that far away. Ferguson was however a better athlete but that'll come with time. I think that when people criticise Ness, they really really need to step back and look at how inexperienced and young he is.

Once he gets used to two first team games a week, gets used to the rough and tumble of the SPL and gets naturally stronger, we really do have the complete midfielder on our hands.

He's a neat and tidy player who is certainly good enough for Rangers or a bottom half EPL team, but i don't see him ever being anything more than that. Being able to spray 40 yard passes doesn't make you a world beater, though it might get you a £14 million move if you play for Blackpool

That's the thing though, I don't see Ness as a guy who can just spray 40 yard passes. He's class in possession, granted, but he's equally as good without it. The mental side of his game is fantastic for a teenager.

I don't think he'll ever be a world beater. I don't think he'll be replacing Paul Scholes or Steven Gerrard any time soon at their respective clubs but I do think he could become a Rangers legend like Bazza if he realises his potential and keeps his feet on the ground, which I'm sure he will. I know it's very premature to say "he could become a Rangers legend", I accept that. I'm getting carried away, I know. It's just so rare we see a centre mid at Ibrox who can actually pass a ball to a teammate further than 10 yards away and do it consistently. Almost as rare as seeing a player come out of Murray Park and a) get his chance and b) not be all hype and nothing more.

I think he'll be a star and when he's about 25, he'll definitely be better than "bottom half EPL".

After his first 3 passes in the January 2nd Old Firm game I said to myself, the boy's going to be a star.

Having seen him play for the youth teams it was obvious he had potential but his range of passing and lack of fear in attempting those passes on his first start for the club, particularly in an OF game, spoke volumes.

He excites me more than any player currently at Rangers.

Can't wait to watch him progress and become even better. Only bad thing is, Premier League clubs may start sniffing around so hopefully the financial side of things is sorted soon and we can start to tell clubs to fuck off when they want our best players. :praise:

He excites me more than any player currently at Rangers.

Can't wait to watch him progress and become even better. Only bad thing is, Premier League clubs may start sniffing around so hopefully the financial side of things is sorted soon and we can start to tell clubs to fuck off when they want our best players. :praise:

Don't think for a minute that he'll have went unnoticed by Ferguson in the stand.

Look at what Fletcher has ended up as - Ness has more true out and out footballing talent in his wee toe!

If he's half as good as Barry Ferguson was, he'll be doing well.

Far too early to compare him to anyone. He's had some good games, and hopefully his fitness will improve the more he plays.

Guest SandyWATP

Aye his fitness is a worry, but that will be sorted soon enough.

Not only is he 19, he only just made his début a couple of months back. Who knows where he could have been if he had suffered less injuries when he was younger.

His fitness needs sorted, that's true. Still, that can be worked on. If you have no footballing ability but great stamina, you're less likely to make it.

Kirk Broadfoot's on the phone looking to disagree with you :pipe:

Guest SandyWATP

His fitness needs sorted, that's true. Still, that can be worked on. If you have no footballing ability but great stamina, you're less likely to make it.

In Scottish youth set-ups, I wouldn't be so sure.