Davis Gets Central Role

Amac9

Just keep giving Walter a helping hand (tu)

Oz whats your views on Edu this season? I know you're a big fan of him, but so far this season he's been absolutely, especially compared to Ness. :anguish:

If I was being polite, I'd say that he has been terribly disappointing...But seeing as how I'm not being polite because I've been up since 3.30am and I'm in a bad mood, I'd say more than not, Edu has been complete and utter fuckin pish compared to how I know he can play.

I know Walter has stuck by him by saying he hasn't played much football and has had a bad run with injury, but for fuck sake! doh He is all over the place with his control and passing, so he should be dropped.

Why the fuck Walter tries to play him as a holding type player I'll never know, but that's still no excuse for the performances he's been putting in.If you watch Mo Edu playing for the USA, then watch Mo Edu playing for the Rangers, you would swear they were two seperate players.

I'm a big fan of Edu when he is playing well and in a system that suits his box to box qualities, plus you know the statement I made about Ness before he even got a sniff of a start in the Rangers squad, but at the moment the only way Ness should not be playing is if Walter wants to rest him (as opposed to dropping him)

Our midfield has been tripe lately with too many struggling for form and direction, so no wonder we are being overran in that department.

There's only one reason we need to play a system with a holding player in the SPL, and I'm sure a smart young student of the game like yourself can work out what that reason is.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right. Fleck and Hutton are now seeing the benefit of Walter doing this to them.

There's not much chance of Fleck and Hutton getting burned out, gary :sherlock:

Now you see more of these guys than I do, so is the reason for the likes of Hutton, Fleck etc not getting a look in because Walter doesn't want to play too many youngsters at the one time,or is it because Walter doesn't rate them as better players than the ones he normally selects?

Hopefully we will see the best of him in the middle as he has had a poor season so far by his own standards. Central midfield is Davis's best position and he can influence the game more. Ness is definetly one for the future, but I wouldn't say he been our best player since he#s came in, in saying that he has played well and obviously score that wonder goal on Sunday. Edu will not be a miss he would be better shining shoes in an airport for a living.

There's not much chance of Fleck and Hutton getting burned out, gary :sherlock:

Now you see more of these guys than I do, so is the reason for the likes of Hutton, Fleck etc not getting a look in because Walter doesn't want to play too many youngsters at the one time,or is it because Walter doesn't rate them as better players than the ones he normally selects?

My point was that when Fleck got a run in the team a while back he finally looked like he was going to be the real deal and seemed to be taking his chance then Walter dropped him for 3 months and gives him 5 or 10 minutes now and again. NOw our fans are writing Fleck off as an overhyped failure.

Then there was Hutton. Plays against Dunfermline in the cup and does really well, then goes on to play in the CL against Man Utd and does even better. Then he gets dropped and has not been seen barring a few minutes here and there. Will we see him again?

If dropping youngsters that in form benefits them, then does it benefit the team? I wouldn't say so. It seems us dropping youngsters is not really helping anybody.

Danny Wilson plays 25 or more games and gets a move to Liverpool giving us a potential £5m. He didn't look like he needed a rest.

If they are good enough they should play and Ness is good enough.

My point was that when Fleck got a run in the team a while back he finally looked like he was going to be the real deal and seemed to be taking his chance then Walter dropped him for 3 months and gives him 5 or 10 minutes now and again. NOw our fans are writing Fleck off as an overhyped failure.

Then there was Hutton. Plays against Dunfermline in the cup and does really well, then goes on to play in the CL against Man Utd and does even better. Then he gets dropped and has not been seen barring a few minutes here and there. Will we see him again?

If dropping youngsters that in form benefits them, then does it benefit the team? I wouldn't say so. It seems us dropping youngsters is not really helping anybody.

Danny Wilson plays 25 or more games and gets a move to Liverpool giving us a potential £5m. He didn't look like he needed a rest.

If they are good enough they should play and Ness is good enough.

That's why I'm asking the question, gary! Why has this happened.?

When the Rangers were in Sydney, young Fleck stated that in the past, his attitude had been totally wrong and Walter had been right to shaft him. He also stated that he was now going to knuckle down and work properly to get in the team.

Now at the same time, Walter stated that young Fleck may have been brought into the first team far too early and not been handled properly, by himself, but he made the statement that in his opinion, Fleck would really push on this season because he regarded Fleck as a brilliant footballer who had all the ingredients to go to the very top of Scottish football.

Hutton was another who made a big impact, but then seemed to drift out of contention, so is this another case of a young player losing the plot, or is it Walter wants to play players he has paid money for?

As for Danny Wilson, we all know the reason he got his chance in the team, but to be fair, he didn't over stress his legs running up and down the park as much as Ness does.

Ness is lacking stamina at the moment to play at the same level for 90+ minutes, but that will come in time.

Would I personally drop (or rest) Ness? fuckin sure I wouldn't, but then again, we don't see him at training every day, so we have to trust what Walter and McCoist think is best for Ness and the team, and what the fitness and medical guys tell them.

That's why I'm asking the question, gary! Why has this happened.?

When the Rangers were in Sydney, young Fleck stated that in the past, his attitude had been totally wrong and Walter had been right to shaft him. He also stated that he was now going to knuckle down and work properly to get in the team.

Now at the same time, Walter stated that young Fleck may have been brought into the first team far too early and not been handled properly, by himself, but he made the statement that in his opinion, Fleck would really push on this season because he regarded Fleck as a brilliant footballer who had all the ingredients to go to the very top of Scottish football.

Hutton was another who made a big impact, but then seemed to drift out of contention, so is this another case of a young player losing the plot, or is it Walter wants to play players he has paid money for?

As for Danny Wilson, we all know the reason he got his chance in the team, but to be fair, he didn't over stress his legs running up and down the park as much as Ness does.

Ness is lacking stamina at the moment to play at the same level for 90+ minutes, but that will come in time.

Would I personally drop (or rest) Ness? fuckin sure I wouldn't, but then again, we don't see him at training every day, so we have to trust what Walter and McCoist think is best for Ness and the team, and what the fitness and medical guys tell them.

Personally I think it is to justify the signing of certain players. Lafferty being a prime example.

Now if we are being honest even the uber Lafferty lovers will admit he has been a very poor and pretty much a failure so far yet he will always get more chances.

This is when it makes you wonder. What about Wylde? what about Fleck? what about Kerkar?.

In the general sense Lafferty has really brought nothing to our team but Wylde or Felck could. Now I'm not for one minute saying that Fleck and Wylde are going to be superstars, what I am saying is that they will offer something different and an element of surprise that team would not know how to deal with.

We need a left winger with pace and delivery, Wylde is sitting there waiting but we still play Lafferty or someone else there.

Trying to justify signings I would say.

Personally I think it is to justify the signing of certain players. Lafferty being a prime example.

Now if we are being honest even the uber Lafferty lovers will admit he has been a very poor and pretty much a failure so far yet he will always get more chances.

This is when it makes you wonder. What about Wylde? what about Fleck? what about Kerkar?.

In the general sense Lafferty has really brought nothing to our team but Wylde or Felck could. Now I'm not for one minute saying that Fleck and Wylde are going to be superstars, what I am saying is that they will offer something different and an element of surprise that team would not know how to deal with.

We need a left winger with pace and delivery, Wylde is sitting there waiting but we still play Lafferty or someone else there.

Trying to justify signings I would say.

I think the Manager who see's them in training everyday will have an idea who will do a job for him, Lafferty's not been bad at all this season a manager doesn't go out of his way to field a weakened team which may reflect badly on him.

I think the Manager who see's them in training everyday will have an idea who will do a job for him, Lafferty's not been bad at all this season a manager doesn't go out of his way to field a weakened team which may reflect badly on him.

So because he sees them in training means he doesn't make mistakes?

Most of our first team players must be fucking superstars in training then because they have been shit in matches lately.

Heres me thinking form counts for something eh? As long as you train well you play no matter what I suppose.

That explains Lafferty, Davis, Whittaker, McCulloch Weir and Edu being untouchable in terms of the first team.

If I was being polite, I'd say that he has been terribly disappointing...But seeing as how I'm not being polite because I've been up since 3.30am and I'm in a bad mood, I'd say more than not, Edu has been complete and utter fuckin pish compared to how I know he can play.

I know Walter has stuck by him by saying he hasn't played much football and has had a bad run with injury, but for fuck sake! doh He is all over the place with his control and passing, so he should be dropped.

Why the fuck Walter tries to play him as a holding type player I'll never know, but that's still no excuse for the performances he's been putting in.If you watch Mo Edu playing for the USA, then watch Mo Edu playing for the Rangers, you would swear they were two seperate players.

I'm a big fan of Edu when he is playing well and in a system that suits his box to box qualities, plus you know the statement I made about Ness before he even got a sniff of a start in the Rangers squad, but at the moment the only way Ness should not be playing is if Walter wants to rest him (as opposed to dropping him)

Our midfield has been tripe lately with too many struggling for form and direction, so no wonder we are being overran in that department.

There's only one reason we need to play a system with a holding player in the SPL, and I'm sure a smart young student of the game like yourself can work out what that reason is.

Good man Oz, he's just not been playing well at all. He's certainly one of the most frustrating players at the club. For the fact that you know that he can play well but when he's pussyfooting about on the ball, not finding a blue jersey, he just seems like a completely different player?!

Ness has been a revelation in the midfield you were 100% spot on about him, I'd dread to think how our midfield would of been if it wasn't for Ness, if Edu and McCulloch had been fit it would of been worse.

Lets face it, bar Ness none of our central midfielders have been playing well !

Guest KarlG45

Here's something completely novel. A Rangers team with all the players in their correct positions... :sherlock:

:mcgregor:

:whittaker::bougherra::bartley::wylde:

:weiss::ness::davis::kerkar:

:Naismith:

:jelavic:

Never ever speak of this ! :angry:

:D Sorry, won't do it again..

Most of our first team players must be fucking superstars in training then because they have been shit in matches lately.

Heres me thinking form counts for something eh? As long as you train well you play no matter what I suppose.

That explains Lafferty, Davis, Whittaker, McCulloch Weir and Edu being untouchable in terms of the first team.

So you suggest Fleck , Wylde and Kerkar, Wheres their form. ?

Do you just pull names out of a hat or have you actually watched these players in games.

Thats over £14m of our money plus a trusted older head your talking about there, Walter wont go dropping guys like that. He bought them, to play!

:(

So you suggest Fleck , Wylde and Kerkar, Wheres their form. ?

Do you just pull names out of a hat or have you actually watched these players in games.

No.

My point is why don't they get a REAL chance to prove their worth and quality?

Fleck, Wylde and Kerkar may be pish or they may be good but we will never know if they don't get a chance.

Edu and Lafferty have shown on many occasions that they are utter pish but still get played game after game.

And in regards to seeing them play, I have seen more ability in the little glimpses of Fleck and Wylde than I have in Lafferty. I have also seen more ability in Hutton and Ness than I have in Edu and McCulloch.

As for Kerkar I and no one else knows if he's good or not but he got offered a deal so surely we should give him at least one game to show he's capable of something.

I thought that was the point in having a squad. When your first team ain't performing give the players on the side a chance?

But hey better off with proven pish rather than risking putting in an unproven potential good player eh?