Smith in the Stand?

Canuckbear089

Is it just me or does this really piss anybody else off?

When were down, I expect our boss to be yelling directions at the players, making a substitution or two, and change the flow of the game.

Every game we drop points in it make my blood boil, thinking maybe if we had a manager that actually cared enough to be on the pitch and make the necessary changes we would actually be top right now.

As much as i hate that prick Lennon, you cant deny his passion and if only we had someone like him that the players would actually fight for, then we would be MILES ahead in the league by now.

We all know that the team has tons of quality, but defensively we are poor.

So instead of being playing to our strengths like 90 % of teams usually tend to do , which in our case would be going out and attacking and maybe use a 4-3-3 we sit back in a 4-5-1 to protect our 40 year old centre back and our crappy right back. Even in games against pish teams like Hamilton and fucking Fife and Partick Thistle we do this for whatever reason. We let teams who have a 1000% smaller wage bill of players have space in the middle of the pitch to do as they like with the ball and attack our goal. Its really pathetic.

Another thing i have to say is that Edu and Lafferty are probably two of the worst footballers i have ever seen so that isnt Walter Smiths fault but it is is fault that they are on the pitch.

Likes of Bougherra, Papac, and Davis we KNOW have what it takes, but have been hugely ineffectual this season.

This comes down to coaching. When a large number of players are underperforming then changes need to be made. I dont care if we through the likes of Hutton, Cole, etc in so long as we can actually string a few passes together.

Weir, hasnt had a good game at all this season IMO. He's past it. He's done us a world of good in the last two seasons, but you have to know when to call it quits.

Mcgregor,usually the only bright light in the squad was average today as well. But hes saved our asses more times i cant count on my hand and its not like he had much help

Weiss. why wasnt he playing? He is by far are best player and we are a much better side to watch when he's in the squad.

Oh and to finish off the rant, another thing about coaching.

How long has it been since we consistently scored goals of a corner or a goddamn free kick? For whatever reason usually when our players go to put a ball in the box we decide to kick it right into the bloody wall whenever we're in a dangerous position on the pitch.

I bet even I could take a better free kick then 90% of the squad. Really, if you practise it enough, its not that hard.

Anyway, thats me done, fucking pissed off

nothing offered from coaching staff today. sent them out at start of game, left them too it. sent them out after h/t and changed te set up, left them to it.

Remember that st mirren game down to 9 men? walter barking the orders from the touchline, driving us to victory. and today he was sat in the stand 3-0 down, then came and leant on the dug out with 10 to go.

gives me the impression he wants to walkaway now.

Another thing i have to say is that Edu and Lafferty are probably two of the worst footballers i have ever seen so that isnt Walter Smiths fault but it is is fault that they are on the pitch.

Smith signed them, and for a combined total of over 6 million quid. Is that also not his fault?

And thats money down the drain as no cunt would pay us money for either of them now.

Smith signed them, and for a combined total of over 6 million quid. Is that also not his fault?

And thats money down the drain as no cunt would pay us money for either of them now.

aye but if you fuck up a signing or two its not the end of the world. It is though if you continuely play them in blind faith that they will one day come good or "they have lots uh potentol".

Is it just me or does this really piss anybody else off?

When were down, I expect our boss to be yelling directions at the players, making a substitution or two, and change the flow of the game.

Every game we drop points in it make my blood boil, thinking maybe if we had a manager that actually cared enough to be on the pitch and make the necessary changes we would actually be top right now.

As much as i hate that prick Lennon, you cant deny his passion and if only we had someone like him that the players would actually fight for, then we would be MILES ahead in the league by now.

We all know that the team has tons of quality, but defensively we are poor.

So instead of being playing to our strengths like 90 % of teams usually tend to do , which in our case would be going out and attacking and maybe use a 4-3-3 we sit back in a 4-5-1 to protect our 40 year old centre back and our crappy right back. Even in games against pish teams like Hamilton and fucking Fife and Partick Thistle we do this for whatever reason. We let teams who have a 1000% smaller wage bill of players have space in the middle of the pitch to do as they like with the ball and attack our goal. Its really pathetic.

Likes of Bougherra, Papac, and Davis we KNOW have what it takes, but have been hugely ineffectual this season.

This comes down to coaching. When a large number of players are underperforming then changes need to be made. I dont care if we through the likes of Hutton, Cole, etc in so long as we can actually string a few passes together.

Weir, hasnt had a good game at all this season IMO. He's past it. He's done us a world of good in the last two seasons, but you have to know when to call it quits.

Mcgregor,usually the only bright light in the squad was average today as well. But hes saved our asses more times i cant count on my hand and its not like he had much help

Weiss. why wasnt he playing? He is by far are best player and we are a much better side to watch when he's in the squad.

Oh and to finish off the rant, another thing about coaching.

How long has it been since we consistently scored goals of a corner or a goddamn free kick? For whatever reason usually when our players go to put a ball in the box we decide to kick it right into the bloody wall whenever we're in a dangerous position on the pitch.

I bet even I could take a better free kick then 90% of the squad. Really, if you practise it enough, its not that hard.

Anyway, thats me done, fucking pissed off

Preaching to the choir m8 - everything you said is 100% spot on.

I think that sometimes to have him in the stand during games as it gives him a better perspective on the games, but toady at two-nil down he should have been down on the touchline at least putting on a show of trying to lead the team. Instead he leaves McCoist to stand on the touchline shouting and trying to raise the team's morale.

Weiss wasnt playing because hes actually a good football player

That in a nutshell says it all about the management that he cant get in this team . :disappointment:

What I found amazing was that when Walter replaced Naismith, he replaced him with Lafferty and not Weiss. I like Lafferty but fucksakes, he's pish more than half of the time. Weiss provides something, ANYTHING a bit different.