Gers Fan Story

Craigy

A Rangers fan was yesterday threatened with jail for turning up at court in his favourite teams strip. Furious John Herald told Barry Smith: "Where do you think you're going dressed like that - Murray Park"?

The 23 year old was then warned that instead of going to the Gers training ground he could end up in Prison.

The lawmans outburst came after Smith strolled into the dock at Greenock Sheriff Court in a blue Rangers top, white shorts, socks and training shoes to deny breaching a bail condition. His jersey had a number 6 and Baz on the back. But Sheriff Herald sayed "When you come back on your trial date make sure you come properly dressed or i'll lock you up. This court won't be treated like some kind of football stadium. He then told Smith to return to court on April 19th

Ironically, Sheriff Herald is himself a fan of the Ibrox Club. Last year - the morning after a big match - he was preciding at a trial concerning an incident in a Rangers supporters club. He told the accused: "In future I hope you will stick to discussing matters concerning your team. "You could start by debating why Alex McLeish selected Hamed Namouchi instead of Thomas Buffel

A Rangers fan was yesterday threatened with jail for turning up at court in his favourite teams strip. Furious John Herald told Barry Smith: "Where do you think you're going dressed like that - Murray Park"?

The 23 year old was then warned that instead of going to the Gers training ground he could end up in Prison.

The lawmans outburst came after Smith strolled into the dock at Greenock Sheriff Court in a blue Rangers top, white shorts, socks and training shoes to deny breaching a bail condition. His jersey had a number 6 and Baz on the back. But Sheriff Herald sayed "When you come back on your trial date make sure you come properly dressed or i'll lock you up. This court won't be treated like some kind of football stadium. He then told Smith to return to court on April 19th

Ironically, Sheriff Herald is himself a fan of the Ibrox Club. Last year - the morning after a big match - he was preciding at a trial concerning an incident in a Rangers supporters club. He told the accused: "In future I hope you will stick to discussing matters concerning your team. "You could start by debating why Alex McLeish selected Hamed Namouchi instead of Thomas Buffel

Boofel ??? Just shows the sheriff knows as much about tactics as big eck !!!

Boofel ??? Just shows the sheriff nows as much about tactics as big eck !!!

buffel or hamed namouchi, hmm

Boofel ??? Just shows the sheriff nows as much about tactics as big eck !!!

buffel or hamed namouchi, hmm

Some choice Eh ? One as weak as water and the other couldn't hit a coo in the arse with a banjo !

Just MAYBE the judge was a bit hacked off at having the club's image demeaned.

How many times have people complained when someone in bother is described as a Rangers fan when it has no relevance to the crime. This guy was drawing attention to Rangers unfavourably and I think I might just agree with the judge.

How many times have people complained when someone in bother is described as a Rangers fan when it has no relevance to the crime. This guy was drawing attention to Rangers unfavourably and I think I might just agree with the judge.

I VERY much agree with the Judge. Surely a supporter would not wear a full RFC strip to COURT. Great publicity that is. He the "supporter" is a nutter. Maybe a Tim having fun. Its NOT the Judge thats a A CARPENTER'S TOOL INDEED IMO.

LMAO.

Great story.

Looks as though we are going to be bombarded with stories like this the whole summer, any little thing of a derogatory nature regarding Rangers and bingo it's goin to printed. Roll on the start of the season, with a much improved staff at Ibrox !

Guest orangpendek

i remember a wee book alexei sayle had out years ago, 'great bus journeys of the world,' in which he railed against having to wear a suit for court appearances, claiming the judge's idea of an innocent man was someone who had just spent 200 quid in top man. an accurate summation it appears. there's few professions up their own backsides quite so far as the legal one, excepting perhaps doctors and journos. there he sits in wig and gown and has the gall to chastise someone else for wearing a fitba top.

(tu)

He was on bail... do we really want people thinking that Rangers fans are criminals?

Boofel ??? Just shows the sheriff knows as much about tactics as big eck !!!

I'm guessing this was just after the home leg against Villareal where the whole stadium chanted for buffel to come on.