More jobs for the boys

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re- NM .This could be a very good move as he should have extensive knowledge of players both home and abroad and therfore should uncover a few that otherwise might have been missed.

Re- JB. As a player he was under-rated.

As a coach he could bark and shout but tactically was pretty limited.

As a scout ?

What is Gordon Smith doing these days?

He played abroad and is or was an agent and works on TV.

Sorry but that's official site speel. He finished his pro career in Switzerland and big wow, he was a Setanta/ESPN commentator. So is Craig Burley. Let's give him a job too.

None of that is off the official site so I don't exactly know what your issue is other than to complain about everything and everyone associated with Rangers.

These two rather low quality appointments tell me that we have no chance of a new owner any time soon. Any new owner would surely have had an input into appointments for the future, with an eye to moving forwards not backwards. Brown in particular is a backward step of some magnitude, very unpleasant stories I have heard about his attitude to the young players.

Send them a dossier, Oz. They might even reply! :rolleyes:

Mate! you know the story regards my "Recommendations" to Rangers regards players with a lot of potential over the past years.

Mark Schwarzer...Tim Cahill...Brett Emerton...Matthew Leckie...Mitch Langerak, Tommy Oar...and probably a few more.

And Walter and McCoist said publicly that they watch the A- League show every week! doh

If that's true, we're in trouble if they can't see the talent in these guys.

Did you see Langerak play against Bayern Munich the other week? :mad:

He's being taken on as a scout, fuck all to do with the coaching or youth development side of things.

He will be in and around Ibrox and Murray Park and i re-iterate my point...he should not be associated with Rangers full stop whether as a coach or a scout.

None of that is off the official site so I don't exactly know what your issue is other than to complain about everything and everyone associated with Rangers.

Not the sharpest tool in the box mate. I never said it was, was making a comparison to what you said and the sort of similar guff that get's posted on the official site.

Mate! you know the story regards my "Recommendations" to Rangers regards players with a lot of potential over the past years.

Mark Schwarzer...Tim Cahill...Brett Emerton...Matthew Leckie...Mitch Langerak, Tommy Oar...and probably a few more.

And Walter and McCoist said publicly that they watch the A- League show every week! doh

If that's true, we're in trouble if they can't see the talent in these guys.

Did you see Langerak play against Bayern Munich the other week? :mad:

Get them telt!

These two rather low quality appointments tell me that we have no chance of a new owner any time soon. Any new owner would surely have had an input into appointments for the future, with an eye to moving forwards not backwards. Brown in particular is a backward step of some magnitude, very unpleasant stories I have heard about his attitude to the young players.

Something in that made.

Not the sharpest tool in the box mate. I never said it was, was making a comparison to what you said and the sort of similar guff that get's posted on the official site.

So whats your issue then? Its facts not speel. You don't know what kind of a job he'll do for us, you're basing your opinion solely on the fact he used to play for us under Smith and that seems to indicate to you that he's automatically incapable of doing the job he has been employed to do at Rangers.

So whats your issue then? Its facts not speel. You don't know what kind of a job he'll do for us, you're basing your opinion solely on the fact he used to play for us under Smith and that seems to indicate to you that he's automatically incapable of doing the job he has been employed to do at Rangers.

Aye that's the issue :lol:

I'm glad someone's happy at these appointments. Time for a decade of dominance to start with these two shrewd moves :lol:

I pity people like you, Rangers have guys like you exactly where they want.

But aye, your right about something. No-one knows who it will turn out - including you.

Also heard stories about his treatment of some players.

Remember either Duffy or Davidson giving him abuse during a youth game a few years ago

Never coaching material but as a scout who knows?

Aye that's the issue :lol:

I'm glad someone's happy at these appointments. Time for a decade of dominance to start with these two shrewd moves :lol:

I pity people like you, Rangers have guys like you exactly where they want.

But aye, your right about something. No-one knows who it will turn out - including you.

So who would you be happy with then? Go on, in your infinite wisdom name names, you clearly know a lot more about it than our next Manager so why don't you enlighten us with the list of famous european scouts just itching to work for peanuts at Rangers?

Thanks for your pity but can't say I need it. I'm well aware of the situation Rangers find themselves in at the moment, unlike you it seems. If McCoist trusts them and considers them right for the job then I will go with his judgement until I have reason to think otherwise.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what these two additions do to help our scouting system, which at the moment seems to be non-existent.

If any of those two scan these posts in RM, here's a little starter for them to look at.

Matthew Ryan, the 18 yr old goalkeeper from Central Coast Mariners in the A-League.

It will be a toss-up between him and Mitch Langerak (who we should have went for anyway)

to see who takes over from Schwarzer when he retires.

Be lucky if Wedenfeller can dislodge him now that he is fit , he's been fantastic since called upon

Be lucky if Wedenfeller can dislodge him now that he is fit , he's been fantastic since called upon

He certainly has been,mate! and he was like that week-in,week-out for Melbourne Victory.

I'm fed up contacting Rangers about guys they could look at.

All they have to do is look at you tube to verify they can play, and then they can look at them closer.

He certainly has been,mate! and he was like that week-in,week-out for Melbourne Victory.

I'm fed up contacting Rangers about guys they could look at.

All they have to do is look at you tube to verify they can play, and then they can look at them closer.

Just out of interest, who have you been contacting at Rangers thus far?

Do you think that McCoist (or in fact Neil Murray) will be more receptive of your suggestions?

Do you think that McCoist (or in fact Neil Murray) will be more receptive of your suggestions?

You are correct on the agent front regarding Murray , he works with Kevin Drinkell

As far as Schwarzer,Emmerton and Cahill were concerned, I sent a postal letter to Edmiston Drive informing them if they had any scouts in Australia to have a look at these lads.

Whether they did or not, I have no idea.

For Langerak and Matthew Leckie, I was given an email address to contact Rangers FC,so I sent an email last year, as some posters on here will confirm.

I actually got an electronic receipt at the time of sending the E-mail to say that my E-mail had been received, so what happened after that, I can't tell you.

I don't expect Rangers to sign players on my say-so, but considering they can find plenty clips of these players on the internet, I'm surprised we don't at least offer these kids trials.

I find this thread highly amusing though :

if we signed Roman pachaclaka , head scout of Russia , we would be told its an awful appointment as he wouldnt know what its about or what it takes to play for the Rangers .

Ally appoints someone he knows and trusts and we get , another job for the boys eh ...

When it is all said and done, the appointment under scrutiny will be that of Alistair as he is now called, if he doesn't hit running, I dread to think what boards throughout the land will be like, aflame most probably.