Pricing policy

ogbg

69 members have voted

1. 1. If reducing ticket prices before a game ensured a full(er) house, would you be happy even if you had already bought a ticket?

• Yes
    • No

I'll start off by saying yes, on the condition that it was a regular policy. If that was the case then I could personally choose to balance the security of a guaranteed seat at greater cost with the risk of no seats lefts for a lower cost.

I'll start off by saying yes, on the condition that it was a regular policy. If that was the case then I could personally choose to balance the security of a guaranteed seat at greater cost with the risk of no seats lefts for a lower cost.

I would say definitely NO!

The person who buys a ST and pays for it early, which enables a club (any club) to plan ahead with finances secured, shouls be given a better deal than a person who just buys at the gate.

If this policy came in to being, I could see many ST holders just using a "pay as they play" system, which isn't beneficial to the club in the long run.

Ridiculous idea.

Everyone would wait till the last minute and buy their tickets and Rangers would lose out on money. Eventually the ticket prices would increase to cover this loss.

Not necessarily. The longer they wait, the geater the risk of not getting a seat. I might pay a bit more for a guaranteed seat.

In the short term my voTe was yes; as a season ticket holder I already pay more per game(apart from old firm matches) than whoever buys a ticket for the seat next to me pre game.

In the longer term I think prices should be reduced all round to try to get those who have given up season tickets and those who are deterred from buying match tickets because of price or lack of value for money to return to games.

I'd rather see "kids for a quid" as this would fill the empty seats whilst bringing the next generation of bears through the turnstiles, getting them hooked from an early age.

That's a good idea. Maybe more than a quid though!

Is there any concession for under 16s currently?

I voted yes.

Let the club see that they need to value the fans, and if they don't, they will vote with their feet. A healthy, vibrant club playing attractive, winning football will make money.

Greed from the boardroom has killed football for a great many people.

Not necessarily. The longer they wait, the geater the risk of not getting a seat. I might pay a bit more for a guaranteed seat.

There isn't any competition for tickets unless it's against the bheggars so u don't need to worry about getting a ticket. Unless ur talking about reducing prices to £5 which Rangers would never do.

as a season ticket holder I already pay more per game(apart from old firm matches)

u only pay roughly £22 a game as a ST holder. SPL tickets range from £23-£26 and theres never a public sale for OF games in the league.

just drop the fecking prices for the shitey games in the middle of hard financial times like winter etc

charging 29 quid to go to a home midweek game against inverness right after xmas is fucking shocking, i know money is power, but at least do the ordinary joe public a turn for once rangers

Its high time Rangers allowed students to pay concession prices, many students are put off by the prices and cant get to as many as they would like. Given the fall in attendances surely this is an option the club should be looking at.

If that happend i'd want my money back to get the prices cheaper! Its hard gone getting a ST on the dole yeno lol

That might still work I guess. As long as the income from extra tickets sold equals the amount that has to be refunded then the club makes the same money for a fuller house. They could give it as a discount on the next purchase or something like that.

Say there's 30,000 tickets sold at £30 each by kick off, that equals £900,000.

Aletrnatively, say, after 25,000 tickets are sold at £30 each they reduce the price to £25 and an extra 11,000 tickets are sold. This equals 36,000 tickets sold in total for a total of £1,025,000. Minus the £5 refund on the original 25,000 equals £900,000 and 6000 extra people at the game.

Its high time Rangers allowed students to pay concession prices, many students are put off by the prices and cant get to as many as they would like. Given the fall in attendances surely this is an option the club should be looking at.

Fuck students (tu)

........or those who haven't drained the public purse get rewarded with cheaper tickets! :pipe:

Perhaps as well another idea could be to give tickets to asylum seekers and refugees and those from ethnic minorities who perhaps cant afford to go. They would perhaps bring a bit of atmosphere and would be a good bit of positive PR for the club.