McCoists Tactics Next Season

ZeGowse

Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist has hinted there will be a more attacking look to the team when he takes control next season.

McCoist acknowledged Rangers' tactics in the first half against PSV on Thursday night had failed to work.

And he also pledged to try to cause Celtic more problems than they have been able to do in recent games.

"We have to be more of an attacking threat. We certainly have to put more pressure on Celtic," said McCoist.

Rangers' assistant is hopeful that his side can replicate their second-half performance against PSV Eindhoven when the Old Firm meet in Sunday's Co-operative Insurance Cup final at Hampden.

I think we as a management team have to shoulder the vast majority of the responsibility and blame

Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist

The Dutch progressed 1-0 on aggregate after scoring in the opening 45 minutes, but Rangers put PSV under intense pressure after the break.

"You saw the difference in the team, the difference in the halves - it looked like two different teams," he added.

"I think we as a management team have to shoulder the vast majority of the responsibility and blame, if you like, for maybe the way we set the team out in the first half.

"We lost an early goal, should maybe have changed it earlier. I was very encouraged by the second-half performance."

Celtic have had the upper hand in the most recent Old Firm encounters, winning a Scottish Cup replay 1-0 and 3-0 in the Scottish Premier League.

"The one thing we'll have to do, we'll have to ask them questions," added McCoist.

"I don't think we really asked them too many questions the last time."

Gregg Wylde was arguably Rangers' most impressive performer against PSV, certainly in an attacking sense, trying to take on his man and deliver crosses.

Asked if the 19-year-old had done enough to keep his place for the final, McCoist said: "With me, yes, but we haven't sat down and picked the team yet.

"I thought the wee man was magic, certainly one of the big plusses."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/9429677.stm

Sorry if this is a repost,

I think he is saying all of the right things here. Looking forward to next season. My only worry just now is, if we can see it, Ally can see it....then how can Walter not see it?

because walter is walter its his way or no way. hes so fucking stubborn its unreal but we will just have wait to see what team he picks for sunday and hope ally has some input to sway his decision and hopefully attack those cunts and show them up for what they realy are pish.here,s to wining our first bit of silverware. :crabflute: w.a.t.p