Mo Edu

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edu has been very poor of late. I think he`s been asked to do the McCulloch role and doesn`t know how to do it. he looks lost. yesterday I think he must get credit for moving to right back and not getting over run. But all this " edu`s a good right back" is total nonsense. He can`t tackle ! Whittacker is a poor right back because he lunges in and isn`t a good tackler but he is still 100 times better than edu in that position. I think Edu`s best position is a more attacking midfielder ( when he has more confidence ). Think about the goal against celtic , the chances against psv and others. He`s been right up there in their box and has been dangerous.He has an engine in him which is a big thing in this day and age. I don`t want rid of him . I just want him played in his better position ( attacking mid ) but until mcculloch is back he`ll play defensive mid because we have nothing else. When Mcculloch comes back edu will be dropped. He`ll never be a first 11 player when we have a full team available , but he doesn`t hide. reminds me a bit of bert konterman.

For me he is still not capable of playing at the required level week in week out that is needed to be a central midfielder for Rangers,

His reactions are slow, his passing is slack, he shits out of tackles left right and centre. The game passes by him. He makes silly mistakes that could easily cost us matches, points, and league titles.

For me he is still not capable of playing at the required level week in week out that is needed to be a central midfielder for Rangers,

His reactions are slow, his passing is slack, he shits out of tackles left right and centre. The game passes by him. He makes silly mistakes that could easily cost us matches, points, and league titles.

I think his slow reactions are due to him not knowing the position he`s being asked to play. He will never be a tackler ( he wasn`t bought to be one ) but for the position he`s being asked to play he must be able to tackle.( more smiths fault for not having cover for Mcculloch). also a big loss of confidence due to playing out of position for him hasn`t helped. Big plus though is he doesn`t hide and has an engine in him. But he needs to learn fast the position he`s playing or I fear his rangers time will come to an end soon.

hope he does learn and gets some confidence back.

What aload of fucking shite. Imagine letting the wool go over your eyes because we have won a cup and say such a thing as "Edu was pretty good today". He was Abysmal again. Only reason he lasted the full match is because he says he can play CB/RB. And we had no one else with Bougherra injured.

I really liked Edu when he first came to the club, was shouting endlessly for him to be in the first team ahead of McCulloch, was a much better player. Now His knowledge of footballing basics is amazingly bad. His first touch. The way he controls the ball (or lack of) his frightened rushed passes when they are not needed. Its cringeworthy to watch.

He needs to learn to compose himself and work tirlessly on his first touch in training. He has the ability I have no doubt about that. He is so far off it at the moment though that it is quite simply shocking.

lol, m8 he done fukall for the majority of the game

Thats just nonsense, he was needed at right back and he stepped up and was counted. I was impressed with his application, so hes not Sergio Ramos or Frank Lampard, he is Mo Edu and hes our player. Support him.

The bile he takes on here is embarrassing, not just from you btw.

I really feel sorry for our players, if they are not being asked to defend for 90 mins by the manager they are being slaughtered by our fans for not being 'better'. They just cant win.

(tu)

It's not the time to argue, but Edu was rotten again, I fail to see how anybody can say anything different.

Watching Edu attempting to header a ball is one of my highlights of the game.

Ok i'm always on here slating the guy when he's pish (and thats quite alot) so i will praise him for playing his part in the team, versatile roles and he coped well but he is a long way from being a great player !!!

It's no secret I'm a Mo fan for obvious reasons, but even I was disappointed by his recent form.

Given his time on the pitch yesterday, I daresay he reads this forum! All (ok.. most) of the things people were on him about he seemed to address in some form or fashion.

Good shift yesterday, Mo.

Ok i'm always on here slating the guy when he's pish (and thats quite alot) so i will praise him for playing his part in the team, versatile roles and he coped well but he is a long way from being a great player !!!

Great players only play in Scotland once every decade if we are lucky.

(tu)

Ah, you were the fag who made the claim he might give up his ticket because Edu playing meant we had 'no chance' of winning.

That prediction went well. :rolleyes:

I actually said part of me felt like giving up the ticket.

Once again, I'm too happy to argue. :D

I think Mo Edu was reasonable yesterday. I wonder if that is because we were on the front foot more than usual. When we are constantly backing off and allowing opponents time on the ball, it is important to keep the ball much more, which as we all know is not one of his strengths. With players pushing forward, there were more targets for him to hit forward and therefore his distibution was better (yes, I know it wouldn't take much!) Once he got one or two passes to team mates, I think his confidence rose and he started playing better.

He also was fairly competent at right back.

He is not my favourite player at Ibrox and in recent games he has stood out in his terrible distribution and ball retention (all those who gave Barry Ferguson a hard time for passing the ball square so often should take note), but let's give him some credit for his performance yesterday.

Speaking of which, Davie Weir's tackle on Samaras was pretty impressive, especially as he was restricted by the extra weight of Gary Hooper in his pocket!!! :D