The ref today.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the ref was too scared to book persistent offenders or give any of the penalty decisions it was as if he was worried if he gave these decisions it would cause trouble.

Celtic's campaign of intimidation and harassment has paid off, refs are terrified of giving anything against them, unfortunately for them it isn't going to be enough.

Thought he was a little harsh to us but he could have been worse. If he'd given us the penalty for the handball it might have made up for taking away the Jelavic one but I can't get too worked up since we won.

Glad he sent Izaguirre off. What a cynical foul. Made up for the ridiculous number of times he should have sent off Celtic players but was too scared to set the match off. Mulgrew is a lucky boy.

I thought the ref was too scared to book persistent offenders or give any of the penalty decisions it was as if he was worried if he gave these decisions it would cause trouble.

The Jelavic one was a dive. The 'handball' Wilsons arm is by his side and he doesn't actively move it to block the ball so would have been very harsh. I thought he tried to let the game flow and unlike other recent Old Firm refs didn't get the cards out early meaning they're also out often. I can even see his thinking for not sending Mulgrew off, although from where I was sitting today I thought he was going to be off.

The Jelavic one was a dive. The 'handball' Wilsons arm is by his side and he doesn't actively move it to block the ball so would have been very harsh. I thought he tried to let the game flow and unlike other recent Old Firm refs didn't get the cards out early meaning they're also out often. I can even see his thinking for not sending Mulgrew off, although from where I was sitting today I thought he was going to be off.

Nonsense on both points wilson hand moves towards the ball watch it on tv its evident, and rogne catches Jelavic on the knee outside the box it would be a free kick as he dived in then caught Jelavic on the knee.

Thought he was a little harsh to us but he could have been worse. If he'd given us the penalty for the handball it might have made up for taking away the Jelavic one but I can't get too worked up since we won.

Glad he sent Izaguirre off. What a cynical foul. Made up for the ridiculous number of times he should have sent off Celtic players but was too scared to set the match off. Mulgrew is a lucky boy.

that izgauire foal was murryfield material

Sorry mate, but Wilson DOES lift his arm, and they are not by his side. That should have been a penalty...and that's with the blue specs off!

Nonsense on both points wilson hand moves towards the ball watch it on tv its evident, and rogne catches Jelavic on the knee outside the box it would be a free kick as he dived in then caught Jelavic on the knee.

I only caught the replay of the first one at half time from when he went down in the box. I'll watch the highlights again but he should go down then, rather than continue on for a bit before deciding to go down. I'm still annoyed at Naismith's dive from the Scottish Cup game, and that may be clouding my thoughts. As for the Wilson one, I've only saw it once from my view at the game and I don't think he moved his hand towards the ball. Who cares though when we win the game? If and buts over penalties can be left to them.

He's never going to get all the decisions right. OF must be one of the hardest matches in the world to ref right now, and hes only one man with one set of eyes and no replays to watch.

And it wasnt him that didnt give the pen to Jelavic. He did actually give it, then was advised to change his mind.

Well if Jelavic was a dive with a bit of contact why was Wilson not booked for his dive? Wilsons hand did move towards the ball although the players were close if that was in midfield he would give freekick.Mulgrew was lucky not to be off as he had a few fouls prior also.

I only caught the replay of the first one at half time from when he went down in the box. I'll watch the highlights again but he should go down then, rather than continue on for a bit before deciding to go down. I'm still annoyed at Naismith's dive from the Scottish Cup game, and that may be clouding my thoughts. As for the Wilson one, I've only saw it once from my view at the game and I don't think he moved his hand towards the ball. Who cares though when we win the game? If and buts over penalties can be left to them.

You get a shite view at Hampden, honestly if you watch both again on the tv theirs justification for both, Wilson definitely moves his arm towards the ball and Jelavic does get contacted on his knee when running at pace so can make you go down.

I think complaining even when we wins highlights the cheating more by the refs, i think the pressure the filths put on refs paying off.

He caught Jela twice, if you watch he catches his knee then trips his ankle, it was a clear penalty imo even if I am biased and the ref, having given it, should not be changing his mind based on the opinions of a man who was over half the parks width away from him. Shocking cope out and lets not forget, if it had been at the other end there would have been another 'enquiry' of that I am sure.

And yes, we won, we should all be delighted I am sure and we are, but that doesnt and shouldnt let the ref off scot free. Mulgrew should have walked twice, first for the last man challenge on Jela and then for the foul in which Diouf was booked for 'diving'. And how Rogne didnt get booked for persistant fouling is beyond me.

The sad thing is, Thompson probably is the best ref in the country. It shows how bad the standard is.

Rogne's studs clearly connect with Jelavic's knee.

Wilson did move his arm.

Both were penalties IMO.

Not to mention the amount of fouling Rogne and Loovens got away with without getting booked.

As I said, the Jela incident wasnt the refs decision. He GAVE the penalty, and was told by the linesman that he was wrong. Not his fault at all, if it was a pen.

As I said, the Jela incident wasnt the refs decision. He GAVE the penalty, and was told by the linesman that he was wrong. Not his fault at all, if it was a pen.

True the ref was at most two yards away why he took the linesmans decision who was 50 yards away i wqill never know.

I agree, it was clear that wilsons hand is well away from his body and it stopped the ball from reaching the goal, penalty! I thought the Jela one was a pen, but still haven't seen it again. How the linesman can have a better view than the ref there is beyond me though.

The Mulgrew incident was a red card all day long. Last man, goal scoring oppertunity, foul = red, simples. Shocking. The izaguirre red was assault. Ref had an ok game, but the big moments he got wrong, bottler.