Davie Cooper - Tribute

djbroxybear

Davie Cooper was one of my idols growing up, my first game was the 1978 Drybrough Cup Final where Coop against Celtic scored that wonderful keepy up goal. He scored some tremendous goals for Rangers over the years, he was a true blue :praise:

What was your first game you seen Coop playing fellow bears...

What honours did he win with rangers

I knew we never won much in the 80's but could you imagine how good he would have been playing in our 9 in a row yrs

Jesus

His first season 1977-78 under Jock Wallace we won the treble, a think he won a further 2 league medals, 2 scottish cup, 2 league cups.

Cant remember the first game I saw Davie play in but i certainly remember the 1979 Dryburgh Cup final and it was an honour to be at the game and to witness his fantastic goal that day. Like you, he was and still is an idol to me.

Everytime we play the beggars at Ibrox or Hampden, I always wear my Rangers top with COOPER and 11 - just for luck!

I dont use the the word "Genius" to describe very many Scottish players but I always use it to describe COOP.

Sadly missed and will never be forgotten by anyone connected to Our Club.

Cant remember the first game I saw Davie play in but i certainly remember the 1979 Dryburgh Cup final and it was an honour to be at the game and to witness his fantastic goal that day. Like you, he was and still is an idol to me.

Everytime we play the beggars at Ibrox or Hampden, I always wear my Rangers top with COOPER and 11 - just for luck!

I dont use the the word "Genius" to describe very many Scottish players but I always use it to describe COOP.

Sadly missed and will never be forgotten by anyone connected to Our Club.

Well said mate :clap:

Was sitting thinking about how close Cooper and McCoist where, and what if McCoist was invite him in to his team after Walter leaves if he wasnt taking away from us. Cooper teaching Wylde ? would love to see how Wylde turned out after next pre season haha.

Rest In Peace Davie Cooper.

First game i saw him was when we played Clydebank, I think it was a cup competition. I was sitting in the Centenery Stand!

He was wonderful...

I took my American Brother in law to his first game, and even he was mesmerized by Davie.

Was sitting thinking about how close Cooper and McCoist where, and what if McCoist was invite him in to his team after Walter leaves if he wasnt taking away from us. Cooper teaching Wylde ? would love to see how Wylde turned out after next pre season haha.

Rest In Peace Davie Cooper.

Davie was getting involved in coaching at the time of his death and no doubt he would have ended up home with the Glasgow Rangers the club he loved... :rip:

I sadly never ever got to see him :( but the stories my dad has told me and the footage I have seen is enough to show he was something special. That free-kick vs Aberdeen was simply stunning :drool:

Super Cooper :rip:

Some of the stuff in that video is unreal! His touch, balance and ability to run with the ball at pace. Someone said imagine if he was in the 9 in a row team, we would surely be one of the most feared in Europe

Im only 20 so never seen him in the flesh, I just hope one day we have a player close to that level again

God Bless Davie Cooper :rip:

I was at the skol cup final v the sheep. I was 15, and there were 75-80000 people inside hampden.

Also tim end where the sheep were didn't gave a roof in they days.

The noise from the rangers end was totally incredible.

Peter Nicholas will not have good memories mind u!

The guy was my hero when i was growing up, i always remember him walking back from the Albion when i was getting autographs, and he came upto me and said "alright wee man" before giving me his, that didnt half make my day as a 14 year old. Luckely i saw him a good few times and he is a true ger, a true legend, red,white and blue through and through. RIP Super Cooper, i will never forget you :21: