Lafferty and Diouf

nvager

Just watched the OF game in total. Only saw the 1st half live on Sunday.

Lafferty just looked out of sorts the whole game. Trying but never quite catching up with play. I feel sorry for him as he tries hard, but he needs to do better. Naismith is a little similar but much better than Lafferty. Diouf looks far too slow, but at least retains possession somewhat.

Sorry for another Lafferty thread, but he just stood out in the Rangers team.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought Lafferty had a decent game.

He along with Jelavic and Naismith ran the Celtic defence ragged. He won a fair share of headers against Izzaguire and his pressing of Celtic high up the pitch was crucial in how we imposed ourselves on the game.

I suppose though, is that really good enough for someone playing for a club like ours?

Not very often lafferty wins a lot of headers tbh

To be fair to him, I don't think it's often we use a system that suits his aerial ability. It may just be that when Lafferty was learning the game he was playing against people who were much smaller than him, meaning he didn't need to challenge for headers, he was just winning them by being there. Maybe he just doesn't know how to win a header?

But aye, against the Honduran wonder, he won everything.

Just watched the OF game in total. Only saw the 1st half live on Sunday.

Lafferty just looked out of sorts the whole game. Trying but never quite catching up with play. I feel sorry for him as he tries hard, but he needs to do better. Naismith is a little similar but much better than Lafferty. Diouf looks far too slow, but at least retains possession somewhat.

Sorry for another Lafferty thread, but he just stood out in the Rangers team.

lafferty was ok pished all over the top of izzaguere in the air repeatedly causeing celtc problems

To be fair to him, I don't think it's often we use a system that suits his aerial ability. It may just be that when Lafferty was learning the game he was playing against people who were much smaller than him, meaning he didn't need to challenge for headers, he was just winning them by being there. Maybe he just doesn't know how to win a header?

But aye, against the Honduran wonder, he won everything.

What kind of system do you play to suit someones aerial ability you can either win a header or not, would love to see big laff do well but that's almost three years now how much longer is it going to take?

What kind of system do you play to suit someones aerial ability you can either win a header or not, would love to see big laff do well but that's almost three years now how much longer is it going to take?

One where we play the ball directly too him, and not down the wing.

I think our return to something resembling good form coinciding with the return of Naismith to the team is no coincidence; he's become one of our most important players this season, despite having plenty of room for improvement.

Wouldn't mention him in the same breath as Lafferty TBH. Laffertys work rate is impressive, at least you know he won't be a wasted jersey - but his performance needs to improve in a lot of areas. Hopefully a run in the team and an injury free spell is what he needs to become a better player.

I thought Lafferty was brilliant. Best game in a long while with us, looks to really enjoy playing with Jelavic.

Diouf on the other hand, he hasnt really done much has he? if he was playing for Celtic, id be laughing at them spunking money on him.

Agree 100% with this

One where we play the ball directly too him, and not down the wing.

But if you play down the wing you can put crosses In for a guy like lafferty to put the ball in the net, but if you look at goals lafferty has scored how many have been headers me personally I don't think he has scored to many. On the other Hand

Maybe if we play with Wylde on the left and Weiss on the right with a lot of crosses he could do a job but I just don't see if it!

But if you play down the wing you can put crosses In for a guy like lafferty to put the ball in the net, but if you look at goals lafferty has scored how many have been headers me personally I don't think he has scored to many. On the other Hand

Maybe if we play with Wylde on the left and Weiss on the right with a lot of crosses he could do a job but I just don't see if it!

im not talking about crosees, i was saying when we play with Jelavic we punt the ball in his direction, but when i see lafferty play the davie weir put seems to go away from him down a wing, a main reason why he doesnt win headers and has to chase down.

Thought Lafferty had one of his better games, although, I've not had the benefit of watching it back so I don't know if my view of him has been masked by the fact we won.

On the other hand, Dioufs contribution has been minimal bar his goal against Sporting. The only thing he's been good for is winding up they bastards.

im not talking about crosees, i was saying when we play with Jelavic we punt the ball in his direction, but when i see lafferty play the davie weir put seems to go away from him down a wing, a main reason why he doesnt win headers and has to chase down.

Don't know why that is maybe the other players don't have the confidence to play the ball direct to lafferty

Don't know why that is maybe the other players don't have the confidence to play the ball direct to lafferty

How many goals has Jelavic scored with his head, 1 i think ? because we know hes strength is when the balls at his feet, and that is the same with Lafferty IMO. I think Lafferty is better with ball at his feet, or he feels that way should i say. We should play off his strengths just like we do with Jelavic.

Anyway i thought Lafferty had a great game and i agree with what someone said on the radio today, we won that Final because Diouf didnt play, he needs to concentrate on his football and not winding the taigs up. its clear to see it looks like they up their game when he plays IMO.