Ronaldo Is Guest Of Honour At Brazil vs Scotland.

Stu1993

It was announced today that recently retired Brazilian legend Ronaldo will be the Guest of Honour at the upcoming international friendly between Brazil v Scotland, hosted at Emirates Stadium on Sunday 27th March.

The world-famous striker, who led Brazil to World Cup glory in 1994 and 2002, recently called time on his illustrious 18 year career which saw him play football in several high profile European clubs including Barcelona, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and AC Milan. Incredibly Ronaldo scored 352 goals in 515 club appearances and an impressive 62 goals in 97 games for his national team which included an unprecedented and unrepeated 15 goals in World Cup finals.

Organisers are expecting a near sell-out crowd to see the game and watch Ronaldo make his last European appearance in a Brazil shirt as he is presented to both sets of fans before the game. He will also be presented as Chief Guest to both teams, including Brazil whose line up includes rising Chelsea star David Luiz and Inter Milan stars Julio Cesar and Maicon.

Ronaldo remarked: “One of my favourite footballing memories is of the opening game of the 1998 World Cup in Paris against Scotland and the fantastic Scottish fans so I am very excited to be experiencing a Scotland Brazil match once again.”

Craig Levein, Scotland manager expressed his excitement at the prospect of Ronaldo’s imminent visit: “Undeniably Ronaldo is one of the players who defined a generation; his performances on the international stage have changed the face of football and his attendance at this game adds immeasurably to the prestige of what is already shaping up to be a historic game.”

The clash is the latest highlight of the Brazil World Tour which has seen the Seleção play Argentina and France. Kick off is set for 2pm UK time and is the first meeting between the two sides since the curtain raiser to the 1998 FIFA World Cup, in which the defending champions won 2-1.

Tickets can still be bought via www.arsenal.com/brazilvscotland or via 0844 277 3625. Tickets start from just £30 and are available now.

Guest SandyWATP

The Real Ronaldo. :drool:

Exactly (tu)

In Fifa, Andy Gray remarks that the Portuguese Ronaldo has already surpassed the great Brazilian.

What a cock!

Exactly (tu)

In Fifa, Andy Gray remarks that the Portuguese Ronaldo has already surpassed the great Brazilian.

What a cock!

It's a laughable comment, I turned off the commentary on Fifa. Andy Gray pisses me off..

Guest SandyWATP

It's a laughable comment, I turned off the commentary on Fifa. Andy Gray pisses me off..

He's had 2 good seasons, and done fuck all at international level.

Compare that to Ronaldo...

The comment annoyed me so much :lol:

Guest SandyWATP

I was actually close to a tear during the video! :(

Strikers like him don't exist anymore - fast, powerful and an unbelievable ability to go past players.

It's quite saddening to think that he hit his peak at 20, imagine - injury free - what he could have become.

:praise:

It saddens me that he is now referred to as 'the fat Ronaldo'.

He is fat though to be fair.

He was sheer power :praise: never seen a guy his size run so fast with the ball at his feet

One of the best of all time IMO, CR won't come close to this guy

He was sheer power :praise: never seen a guy his size run so fast with the ball at his feet

One of the best of all time IMO, CR won't come close to this guy

Agree, was a great film on last month, Just 17 cameras following Zidane during a Madrid game vs Villareal, and although he didnt have the ball for 3 quaters of the match, to watch someone with his quality move of the ball, it was just a joy to watch. The thing i noticed most was he used to drag his feet alot.

Its amazing to think that we almost got him to come to The Rangers.

One of my favorite games to watch back is when he scored a hat-trick at Old Trafford, even the Utd fans were on their feet applauding him, devastating player!

Just after watching that hahaha, anyway its time to go... Anyone But England... :craphead: