Brian Laudrup

H72

Brian Laudrup.

I'd have loved nothing more than to have had the opportunity to watch the likes of Laudrup, Gazza and McCoist but I was just a nipper.

Is he the greatest ever to pull on the blue jersey?

Is he the greatest ever to pull on the blue jersey?

He is one of the greatest I have seen but then someone like minstral or nvager will say someone like Jim Baxter, Willie Henderson, John Greig...

My first game was at Aberdeen in the mid 70s, Tommy Mclean was winger , John Greig got sent off .. From then until now I rate Laudrup as the best I have seen, prior to Laudrup, Cooper and Walters where similar though not as good,

Post Laudrup the only player to come near him is Weiss,

If we can do a deal to get Weiss for next year I think we will do big things, you get that same buzz with Weiss as you did when Laudrup was on the ball..

If Ally keeps him and plays him on the right we he has the potential to be our first Laudrup since Laudrup

He is one of the greatest I have seen but then someone like minstral or nvager will say someone like Jim Baxter, Willie Henderson, John Greig...

Yeah, I'm really interested to hear their opinions more than anyone, and other older Bears.(tu)

I've always wondered just how good Alan Morton was, and how he would compare to the more modern legends like Baxter, Cooper and Laudrup. I wonder if Minstral can remember him? :craphead:

I'd put Morton in the top three Rangers players of old whom I wish I could have seen, just based on what I've read about him.

Would love to have seen the Wembley Wizards 5-1 slaughtering of England. Morton set up three goals.

‘England were not merely beaten. They were bewildered – run to a standstill, made to appear utterly inferior by a team whose play was as cultured and beautiful as I ever expect to see.’