Barry Ferguson

Plamf

If Birmingham go down, he will likely be seeking another club.

He has been one of the most consistent performers in the premiership for 2 seasons at a pretty poor team.

Given how poor our midfield has been this season, severely lacking the type of technique and ability he has in abundance, would it would be worth trying to get him for a year?

I don't think he'll struggle to find a move, despite being 33.

He was very poor for much of his second time here, you struggle to think of many occasions where he looked his old self (Porto in the CL would be a notable exception) but like Charlie Adam I think he was a top player just not being used correctly. With a new dawn for the club (here's hoping), maybe he could continue his current form.

There's nothing to suggest Ferguson will want to come back or whether we can afford him but being realistic, I would far rather have Ferguson for another year or 2 than some dross from the SPL or a bottom of the heap EPL player.

He is 33 and obviously has just a season or 2 left but I think he would be a good short term option. A midfield 3 of him, Davis and Ness with Hutton as backup would be great for next season.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a heartbeat .

Whether ally would want him is another story .

As you say , he's coming to the end of his career , but IMO is more than capable of performing for another season or two . It would obviously depend on his wage demands , but I think he could be fantastic for the likes of ness and Hutton .

If it was a choice between fergie and mcculloch I'd take fergie 100 times out of 100 .

Davis, Hutton and Ness are our future, and while some fans may not like it, Edu too, hell we just recently gave McCulloch a 3 year deal too, he is also our immediate future.

Its a 'no thanks' from me.

(tu)

Edu and McCulloch are woeful though. If McCulloch is our immediate future then it's the wrong one.

No fucking chance. Let him stay at Birmingham - the place where he gained his greatest achievement.

FFS, can we give this a rest, he said it was a greater achievement, meaning it's a lot harder to win anything in England. Saying that doesn't belittle anything he did for us

FFS, can we give this a rest, he said it was a greater achievement, meaning it's a lot harder to win anything in England. Saying that doesn't belittle anything he did for us

Winning the diddy cup in England was a greater achievement than captaining us to a European final? Aye right :lol:

A great player it has to be said but finished now with ankle problems being the main cause, look to the future with the young players.

Finished now? Have you seen him play in the past 2 seasons :craphead: ? I think it was Martin Tyler who recently said 'And it's cleared by Barry Ferguson who I think I've yet to see ever have a poor game in the premiership'

No, I won't give it a rest.

He was out of order. If you're a true Ranger, being awarded the captaincy is a greater honour than that.

His brother said that, not me.

Edu and McCulloch are woeful though. If McCulloch is our immediate future then it's the wrong one.

I agree with you but us, as fans have no say in the matter. Both are guaranteed a game when fit or half fit and we even offered 31/32 year old McCulloch a further 3 years at Rangers! :anguish:

That tells me both are our immediate future, right or wrong mate. Fans can have an opinion, but it wont change anything.

:(