lloyds deny rangers deal block

stumat83

Just saw an article on the bbc lloyds have come out and claimed there not to blame.when are both parties going to stop acting like a bunch of fucking school kids passing the blame from one side to the next, have they forgotten its our proud historic club thats at risk here?get the deal done mr whyte and kick those bastards out the front door of ibrox one by one.

Just saw an article on the bbc lloyds have come out and claimed there not to blame.when are both parties going to stop acting like a bunch of fucking school kids passing the blame from one side to the next, have they forgotten its our proud historic club thats at risk here?get the deal done mr whyte and kick those bastards out the front door of ibrox one by one.

That just means we were all just as much in the dark as most of us thought we were. Nothing new.

To be honest that wee English guy that chairs the Real Radio phone-in now made a good point tonight. He said banks can't just build wee walls like this at the last minute.

These things like early-exit fee's are agreed long in advance, they can't just move the goalposts and operate that way.

Would anyone seriously be surprised that when Murray signed our life away to the bank and gave them power of atourney, they put that clause in place there and then?

You do see small print for mortgages and loans that say there will be a fee for terminating the agreement early as if we have agreed to a 1 million per year repayment plan, the bank has budgeted for that consistent source of income.

Whenever the caretakers of Rangers, IE Johnston and Bain apparently negotiated a business plan with the bank which included as I remember a repayment of £1 million per year to pay off the bank the bank would have probably insisted on an early repayment charge.

There would be nothing unusual in this as its the same whenever you take out a mortgage. In essence it suits the bank for us to be in debt because whilst we are repaying the borrowed money we are also paying them handsome sums of interest. If we pay the owed amount with immediate effect then they will no longer benefit from the interest, hence the final pay off.

The thing I don't understand is how come there is a continuous downsizing of players and wages if we have an existing and agreed repayment arrangement ? Its obvious that any deals made were subject to change at any given point by Lloyds, purely for the benefit of Lloyds.

lloyds are lying by saying its a rangers matter at very least.

its a mih matter and they are 24% of mih.

they are good at this when asked if muir worked for them they said mih pay there wages.

whyte clearly wants something from lloyds but what remains a mystery. the balls back in his court.

lloyds are lying by saying its a rangers matter at very least.

its a mih matter and they are 24% of mih.

they are good at this when asked if muir worked for them they said mih pay there wages.

whyte clearly wants something from lloyds but what remains a mystery. the balls back in his court.

What the bank actually said,

A spokesman said: "I can categorically deny the existence of any exit or 'redemption' fee. Any potential takeover is a matter for Rangers FC and its shareholders. Suggestions Lloyds Banking Group is blocking a deal to acquire the club are baseless and without foundation.

If this takeover fails, and I still fully expect it will, the bank is an easy scapegoat (as Donald muir has been in the past for the same people) I can't believe the these people are falling for the same pish as they did when Park or Ellis tried to make their move but didn't have the cash to back it up.

You have a fairly categorical statement form Lloyds yet people still want to believe the lies and innuendo they have either made up themselves or read from some anonymous idiot on the internet as it suits their agenda.

I also wish people would drop the nonsense that evil Catholics (or people with catholic sounding names)within Lloyds are trying to hold us back, surely the most embarrassing rubbish I have read during this whole situation.

If this takeover fails, and I still fully expect it will, the bank is an easy scapegoat (as Donald muir has been in the past for the same people) I can't believe the these people are falling for the same pish as they did when Park or Ellis tried to make their move but didn't have the cash to back it up.

You have a fairly categorical statement form Lloyds yet people still want to believe the lies and innuendo they have either made up themselves or read from some anonymous idiot on the internet as it suits their agenda.

I also wish people would drop the nonsense that evil Catholics (or people with catholic sounding names)within Lloyds are trying to hold us back, surely the most embarrassing rubbish I have read during this whole situation.

An erudite, sensible and to the point appraisal of the situation overall, you can be sure it won't go down well with the peddlers of conspiracy theories and kafflicks ruling the roost co-conspirators.

I'm not one for pointing fingers at people in the bank but I must admit it was a concern that a guy handling our accounts used to work in a Celtic supporters group. That being said it's never down to one person and anything he did must have been bank policy or he'd be out of a job, the fact he's been moved on will only give ammo to the conspiracy nuts.

The bank statement is clear that it's nothing to do with them so its time for whoever started this rumour - presumably in the whyte camp - to explain just what the hold up is.

I suspect there's a disagreement between whyte and Murray but whyte won't point the finger as Murray is so egotistical he'd walk away from the table.

People saying the bank are to blame is an easy excuse, but just the same it will be an easy excuse for people to say whyte has no money if it all falls through. There's more to it than that but I doubt we'll ever hear the real story.

The bank were unequivocal in their denials yesterday so the buck now lies with Whyte and MIH which, IMO, it always has done.

It's time for Whyte to put up or shut up.

Although he hasn't uttered a word publicly he has said plenty behind the scenes, a game we are all sadly familiar with concerning our perspective buyers.

I stand by my assertion that this guy is not what we want in an owner of Rangers and i wish people would look beyond getting rid of Sir David. The person that buys us must have the ability to move us forward, going by whites past i can’t imagine he is that man.

It's time for Whyte to put up or shut up.

Although he hasn't uttered a word publicly he has said plenty behind the scenes, a game we are all sadly familiar with concerning our perspective buyers.

I stand by my assertion that this guy is not what we want in an owner of Rangers and i wish people would look beyond getting rid of Sir David. The person that buys us must have the ability to move us forward, going by whites past i can’t imagine he is that man.

None of us know much (if anything) about Whyte so it is extremely difficult to formulate an opinion on someone who seemed hitherto invisible.

I'm quite frankly astonished none of these newspapers have dug a bit deeper but when it an individual on a fans forum is doing their dirty work for them in getting formal statements for their articles that isn't a surprise but a damning indictment on the quality of investigative journalism in this country.

Until Whyte reveals his plans (such as where exactly is he getting the money for annual £5million transfer budgets?) then there is no way any of us can say he will provide a better future than what we currently face.

However, on the other hand, despite the grand proclamations of the bank, further downsizing seems likely with investment (outwith season ticket sales and CL income) non-existent. That is a huge worry for a future based on the status quo.

Our club needs innovation, imagination, ambition and investment. As it stands, I don't see a huge amount of that.

I'm not one for pointing fingers at people in the bank but I must admit it was a concern that a guy handling our accounts used to work in a Celtic supporters group. That being said it's never down to one person and anything he did must have been bank policy or he'd be out of a job, the fact he's been moved on will only give ammo to the conspiracy nuts.

The bank statement is clear that it's nothing to do with them so its time for whoever started this rumour - presumably in the whyte camp - to explain just what the hold up is.

I suspect there's a disagreement between whyte and Murray but whyte won't point the finger as Murray is so egotistical he'd walk away from the table.

People saying the bank are to blame is an easy excuse, but just the same it will be an easy excuse for people to say whyte has no money if it all falls through. There's more to it than that but I doubt we'll ever hear the real story.

If whyte has no money, then someone should be strung up for letting things get this far.

To be honest that wee English guy that chairs the Real Radio phone-in now made a good point tonight. He said banks can't just build wee walls like this at the last minute.

These things like early-exit fee's are agreed long in advance, they can't just move the goalposts and operate that way.

Would anyone seriously be surprised that when Murray signed our life away to the bank and gave them power of atourney, they put that clause in place there and then?

You do see small print for mortgages and loans that say there will be a fee for terminating the agreement early as if we have agreed to a 1 million per year repayment plan, the bank has budgeted for that consistent source of income.

the fee itself isn't.

None of us know much (if anything) about Whyte so it is extremely difficult to formulate an opinion on someone who seemed hitherto invisible.

I'm quite frankly astonished none of these newspapers have dug a bit deeper but when it an individual on a fans forum is doing their dirty work for them in getting formal statements for their articles that isn't a surprise but a damning indictment on the quality of investigative journalism in this country.

Until Whyte reveals his plans (such as where exactly is he getting the money for annual £5million transfer budgets?) then there is no way any of us can say he will provide a better future than what we currently face.

However, on the other hand, despite the grand proclamations of the bank, further downsizing seems likely with investment (outwith season ticket sales and CL income) non-existent. That is a huge worry for a future based on the status quo.

Our club needs innovation, imagination, ambition and investment. As it stands, I don't see a huge amount of that.

a wee bit of digging about Whyte would show he is hardly squeaky clean, not the end of the world though as everyone has a few unpaid bills and skeletons in there closet if they have run multiple businesses i suppose.

The thing most would really like to know is how he made the billions (or is it now millions) virtually undetected until a month or two ago....

So why don't they take Whyte's 20 million and put it in another bank, and ask the other bank tae return it at 1 million a year?

It'll make them interest anaw if it's lying in another bank. :sherlock:

I still think this will go through before the end of March.

If it doesn't, then I'd be inclined to think Murray is only stringing us all along, and he doesn't really want to sell.

Rangers FC make a profit year on year - why would he let that go?

If it doesn't, then I'd be inclined to think Murray is only stringing us all along, and he doesn't really want to sell.

What's the deal with this 'end of March' thing, mate? There have been numerous deadlines set in this sorry saga, what's the significance of this one?

What's the deal with this 'end of March' thing, mate? There have been numerous deadlines set in this sorry saga, what's the significance of this one?

If Whyte wants the deal to go through, he'll want it done and dusted before the end of the current tax year.

Oh aye, and that wee birdie told me the Rangers would have a new owner by the end of March.........................back in January.

Why were we so much in debt in the first place then? :pipe:

I highly doubt Murray has been stringing us along for all this time as it has went on far too long.

Why were we so much in debt in the first place then? :pipe:

I highly doubt Murray has been stringing us along for all this time as it has went on far too long.

One of the stumbling blocks in the past was the fact his son owns the car park, and he wanted to keep it.

Now how many houses could ye build on that car park?

There's more tae Murray than meets the eye mate - does he really want tae sell up?

I'm beginning tae wonder, especially if this deal doesnae go through...............................................by the end of March. :rolleyes: