The takeover - without the press gunk!

Loan Ranger

I cant help but feel that the takeover 'drama' is perhaps not as dramatic as we might think.

Looking at what we know for fact.

Whyte is in the process of trying to buy Rangers.

He felt comfortable enough to meet with Bain and Smith.

He also felt comfortable enough to attend a Rangers home game.

The takeover has only gone past unreliable plucked out of the air deadlines made up without direct quotes from anyone invoved.

The finances have been seemingly delayed - surely because of the takeover.

With the due-diligence period we pretty much know anyone involved cannot say anything about it.

Llyods TSB (Tax Saved Bank) have gone on record to say they are not in the way of the takeover - or asking for any 'release' payment.

This unless im wrong is what we know for fact - anything else is unquoted fantasy made up by people needing to sell newspapers.

Based on what we know to be true, im quite comfident the takeover will go through - and in my lil fantasy ild love to think that the financials were delayed as Whyte wants to have them showing 0 debt.

I live in hope and I wouldnt give my 30p to any newspaper who wants to pull garbage out their ass - I could do that myself.

What we know is what i wrote above -and thats what i mean...without all the unreliable press gunk to me it actually looks pretty promising.

Im excited, but im not too excited. The mhedia know nothing, everyone on here knows nothing, everyone is making up their own stories. We just have to wait and see. I dont buy dead lines or closing dates or anything like that, it will happen when it happens, if it happens, i can wait, we have to wait.

(tu)

I cant help but feel that the takeover 'drama' is perhaps not as dramatic as we might think.

Looking at what we know for fact.

Whyte is in the process of trying to buy Rangers.

He felt comfortable enough to meet with Bain and Smith.

He also felt comfortable enough to attend a Rangers home game.

The takeover has only gone past unreliable plucked out of the air deadlines made up without direct quotes from anyone invoved.

The finances have been seemingly delayed - surely because of the takeover.

With the due-diligence period we pretty much know anyone involved cannot say anything about it.

Llyods TSB (Tax Saved Bank) have gone on record to say they are not in the way of the takeover - or asking for any 'release' payment.

This unless im wrong is what we know for fact - anything else is unquoted fantasy made up by people needing to sell newspapers.

Based on what we know to be true, im quite comfident the takeover will go through - and in my lil fantasy ild love to think that the financials were delayed as Whyte wants to have them showing 0 debt.

I live in hope and I wouldnt give my 30p to any newspaper who wants to pull garbage out their ass - I could do that myself.

This.

There are non disclosure agreements no-one involved is allowed to say feck all Stock Exchange Rules so it's all speculation at the moment

That prick hasn't been heard for a while

Probably sitting across the water wanking off to speirsys twitter

Please dont get me started on that cunt! N queersy a wank aswell

Can someone explain one thing to though, one thing i dont get. Of we have an agreement to pay £1million per year until our debts clear, and as things stand we are clearly making a profit so we're doing ok, why would the bank make cuts again next season? Am i the only one who doesnt believe this? Or understand it?

Please dont get me started on that cunt! N queersy a wank aswell

Can someone explain one thing to though, one thing i dont get. Of we have an agreement to pay £1million per year until our debts clear, and as things stand we are clearly making a profit so we're doing ok, why would the bank make cuts again next season? Am i the only one who doesnt believe this? Or understand it?

No, your not the only one mate. Were not repaying back what was agreed though, were paying back 6 times that much. Debt down around £13m in 2 years is impressive, why they want to strangle us further, we have no idea. Maybe that was the intentions of the tarriers who have now left LBG? <cr>

(tu)

Nobody has ever stated we need to sell and slash the wage bill further next yr

It's the same old with the papers talking pish as they know the tarriers are loving reading it and will continue to lap it up and spend their 30p

Nobody has ever stated we need to sell and slash the wage bill further next yr

It's the same old with the papers talking pish as they know the tarriers are loving reading it and will continue to lap it up and spend their 30p

Smith and McCoist have both admitted it.

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/homepage/index.php/blogs/1043-mccoist-confirms-wage-bill-will-be-cut-for-next-season.html

No, your not the only one mate. Were not repaying back what was agreed though, were paying back 6 times that much. Debt down around £13m in 2 years is impressive, why they want to strangle us further, we have no idea. Maybe that was the intentions of the tarriers who have now left LBG? <cr>

(tu)

Murray will never be forgiven for this. First thing i'd do is punt off murray park and built a new one nearer ibrox. Seriously man, murray park, think about that, we've got something named after that cunt. His silence in all of this will never be forgotten

We were also told we couldn't but any players but splashed out £4m on one player

Walter is a smart cookie

Of course, but we did sell in order to buy. Our net spend is very low during Walters whole 2nd tenure here.

I dont think it should be getting cut, i dont want to believe it either and i wont believe it until i see it but we have been warned, that is what will be happening.

(tu)

Murray will never be forgiven for this. First thing i'd do is punt off murray park and built a new one nearer ibrox. Seriously man, murray park, think about that, we've got something named after that cunt. His silence in all of this will never be forgotten

Simply rename it, officially, it is a state of the art world class training facility this country, not just Rangers, should be proud of.

I call it Auchenhowie anyway, always have and your right, he will never be forgiven for how he treated our club and fans.

(tu)

True

If we don't win the league and get into the CL then how the hell are we going to break even next yr never mind reduce debt and that's with slashing the wage bill

We are not far off breaking even mate without Euro football, our wage bill(biggest outgoing expenditure) is already that low. :(

We may already be breaking even, we wont know until we see end of year results.

(tu)

We have earned around £18m this yr though

We will earn nowhere bear that next yr if we don't make the CL

£18m from what mate? Europe? You can still make money in the Europa, albeit not as much, but its not a worthless cup. We have still to see what portion of that Euro money the bank take off us for our debt, they have taken £6m from each of the last 2 seasons income off us. They may do the same again, which will leave our debt around the same amount as Celtics come the summer, between £12m and £15m.

Europe is a huge earner, but there is no excuse for us not to be playing in some sort of Euro competition every year.

(tu)

Simply rename it, officially, it is a state of the art world class training facility this country, not just Rangers, should be proud of.

I call it Auchenhowie anyway, always have and your right, he will never be forgiven for how he treated our club and fans.

(tu)

I dunno though mate, i kinda think the players should be in and around ibrox on a day to day basis, certainly more than they are currently. Driving by it now, during the week when you use to see all the players cars lined up on the streets, its seems more like just a stadium and less of a home

Yeah for europe

Regardless of how it makes our figures this half mate, it's £18m we won't have

I'd say we would earn £3m max from the Europa group stage so the other £15m would be missing from the yearly figure

Say we make a £10m profit for talking sake this yr

Where do we recoup the other " lost " £5m ?

We would be £5m in debt

If you catch my drift

Yeah for europe

Regardless of how it makes our figures this half mate, it's £18m we won't have

I'd say we would earn £3m max from the Europa group stage so the other £15m would be missing from the yearly figure

Say we make a £10m profit for talking sake this yr

Where do we recoup the other " lost " £5m ?

We would be £5m in debt

If you catch my drift

Possibly but we are losing £4m from our wage bill in the summer, and having to cut it completely by £1m. The 'lost' £5m is down to £4m roughly, and these are rough figures, which is why i said we will be more or less breaking even, £3m seems very low for Europa Cup too mate. I would say it is nearer £8m. 6 group games at least, tv money, Uefa money, and everything else that comes with Euro football. I saw figures a while back and it looked to me like we were only a few million off breaking even and that was taking away Euro money, i would love a look at this years figures, we are doing very well financially with a few years sustained European participation. As i said earlier, there is nothing stopping us competing every year in Europe, then its upto us how much money we make depending on how well we do.

Why is everyone talking about us losing £4m this summer

Where's that figure coming from ?

Someone said we will save between £3m and £4m on wages.

Weir, Papac, Diouf, Weiss, Bartley, Foster will all leave and probably a few others, must add up to almost £3m/£4m a year?

Beattie may go too, theres another £1m a year almost.

Thats almost £5m potentially, before we have sold anyone of real value.

Lloyds tsb isn't a tax saved bank

Hbos is who u mean, although hbos is now part of lbg.

Lloyds tsb was fine on it's own, hbos was the problem

The rest seems accurate enough for what we know, its just a waiting game now it seems