Victor Valdes

Guest SandyWATP

Guest SandyWATP

He's easily the best keeper in Spain, and probably the best in the world. He should be Spain's number 1 ahead of Casillas.

Despite this, a lot of people seem to have the false perception that he is calamity-prone, which is baws.

To do what he does; go so long without touching the ball, then produce a wonder save - that's the sign of a top keeper.

His performance tonight was brilliant :praise:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SandyWATP

Over-rated imo. Very good keeper but not better than Casillas

I assume you don't watch Spanish football?

Casillas has been shaky for the past few years; Valdes shits all over him.

Over-rated imo. Very good keeper but not better than Casillas

He has been so much better than Casillas for the last two seasons that it's frankly outrageous he hasn't taken the Spanish spot from him. Valdes has never been and will never be better than Casillas at his peak but that's neither here nor there. He's better now.

Also, as Sandy mentions, his ability to pull out crucial saves having spent the last 85 minutes having a nice nap is remarkable.

He's easily the best keeper in Spain, and probably the best in the world. He should be Spain's number 1 ahead of Casillas.

Despite this, a lot of people seem to have the false perception that he is calamity-prone, which is baws.

To do what he does; go so long without touching the ball, then produce a wonder save - that's the sign of a top keeper.

His performance tonight was brilliant :praise:

He's improved a lot, fantastic keeper.

Buffon was the best keeper in the world until recently, now Valdes is best.

valdes has improved over the last couple of years but he does not command his area well and rarely comes for crosses etc.

casillas is easily the best spanish keeper - one on one i cannot think of any keeper i have seen better than him. his ability to command the box and his distribution is immense too

Guest SandyWATP

valdes has improved over the last couple of years but he does not command his area well and rarely comes for crosses etc.

casillas is easily the best spanish keeper - one on one i cannot think of any keeper i have seen better than him. his ability to command the box and his distribution is immense too

Ability to command his box?

He's being flapping like a retarded penguin recently.

Valdes 100% best keeper in the world, the boy is just unreal was watching the game think against Athletico or someone not to sure who but had 1 save to do in the match about 85th minute was a belter of a save, same with tonight made himself big and it hit him in the knee and over. Just incredible!

Ability to command his box?

He's being flapping like a retarded penguin recently.

didnt see him today but id still rather have him in my team than valdes.

where do you think reina lies in it all? feel quite sorry for him if im honest

Anyone who regularly watches La Liga will know that Valdes is clearly in better form than Casillas. He should be Spain's number 1, undoubtedly.

As for the best in the world, I haven't seen enough of Lloris to judge him, but Valdes takes it for me. Casillas wouldn't even be in my top 5.