UEFA charge is an opportunity for Rangers

SteveJ

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You see .. Thats the thing, i am neither a loyalist or anti catholic, however i am pro-rangers.

I support my club, when i goto the games (which isn't often now!) i sing songs that are pro-rangers and honestly don't know or care to know the words to many of the songs in our hymn sheet.

I think the article is a very positive and offers sensible way forward for the club and it's support.

The thing that sickens me is fans knew what the club was all about when they decided to support our club. But then again we had lots of glory hunters return when we won our 9 in a row.

They remind me of the immigrants that get the bad press. They come to Britain, buy into what it's about then go about moaning like fuck trying to change things from the inside to suit them more.

I don't tell them what to sing and what not to sing. Freedom of choice and that, so I'm fucked if I'm going to be told to hush my mouth when singing a song that's not even sectarian or racist but they believe it is because they believe everything they fucking hear.

You see .. Thats the thing, i am neither a loyalist or anti catholic, however i am pro-rangers.

I support my club, when i goto the games (which isn't often now!) i sing songs that are pro-rangers and honestly don't know or care to know the words to many of the songs in our hymn sheet.

I think the article is a very positive and offers sensible way forward for the club and it's support.

That's exactly the type of attitude I'm talking about mate.

Perhaps "attitude" is too strong a word and makes me sound like I have a problem with your viewpoint, because I don't.

What I mean is that you say your not a loyalist or anti-Catholic but your pro-Rangers.

That's great.

Why don't you just sing whatever you feel is appropriate to you and how you want to support the team and leave loyalists to sing in the manner they want.

And please don't say "but by singing in the manner you want as a loyalist, that get's the club into trouble" ... it doesn't and never has.

What get's the club into trouble is people who believe our enemies and the bullshit instead of fighting for the rights of the fans.

Very good article, impossible to find fault with it. Distasteful as things are, we have to bite the bullet. Its not surrendering, its living to fight another day.

Very good article, impossible to find fault with it. Distasteful as things are, we have to bite the bullet. Its not surrendering, its living to fight another day.

It's very much surrendering when you've done nothing wrong and your getting picked on & hounded.

In my eyes anyway. (tu)

Can I just ask anyone in this thread that's loving that article (I'm neither here nor there with it, it gives both sides of the coin and is well written) .... what's so wrong with singing anti-IRA/provo songs aswell as Loyalist songs?

Someone please answer me.

Here's the thing.....If we just sing about our team, nothing more, then they will have themselves under the spotlight. It's gone too far now to stop at our door. I would love to belt out the songs, but lets play it canny.

Here's the thing.....If we just sing about our team, nothing more, then they will have themselves under the spotlight. It's gone too far now to stop at our door. I would love to belt out the songs, but lets play it canny.

There's plenty songs of support about our team and nothing else. Mainly the likes of The Bouncy and they are offended by that too.

Have you heard the uproar over that and Penny Arcade? ... it doesn't matter what we do, they will try to fuck us over at everytime.

The Billy Boys wasn't the means to an end, it was just the start. Fight it.

The thing that sickens me is fans knew what the club was all about when they decided to support our club. But then again we had lots of glory hunters return when we won our 9 in a row.

My Grandfather was an Orange Lodge member who went to all marches in NI as a drummer (even though he was beter with a flute) yet he took me to Rangers and told me that I should ignore the Orange side of the club until I could decide for myself. I was never forced into being a Protestant by my Grandfather as he always wanted what was best for me and that is why I ended up with such an open mind as a Rangers fan/supporter. I have done the same with my son.

My first game was when I was 4 (well before the NIAR) and I witnessed my first sight of Davie Cooper at Raith Rovers, where I thought he was far better than my then idol, Derek Johnstone. Davie became my idol from that one game and remained as such until the day he died.

As you may tell, I decided to support the club at an early age and you are showing a little bit of ignorance by thinking that all bears knew what the club meant to certain people when they chose to support them - some were too bloody young for a start!

Couple that with certain people having the ability to mature with age and realise what is hurting the club they love - we have fans who are placing the club before tradition, before they end up another Ferranti Thistle.

It's very much surrendering when you've done nothing wrong and your getting picked on & hounded.

In my eyes anyway. (tu)

With respect my friend, here's the thing......much as I love singing No Pope of Rome, when I sit and think about it, I never knew the song till I was 13. I loved The Rangers a long time before that. Keep your eye on the ball, or there will be no ball to kick, if you get my subtle wee analogy. (tu);)

Not one of us, if we are honest, when we fell in love with Rangers, gave a flying fuck about anything else. These things came later. Its taken me nearly 42 years for that penny to drop, don't make the same mistake.

Rangers, first and foremost.

With respect my friend, here's the thing......much as I love singing No Pope of Rome, when I sit and think about it, I never knew the song till I was 13. I loved The Rangers a long time before that. Keep your eye on the ball, or there will be no ball to kick, if you get my subtle wee analogy. (tu);)

Not one of us, if we are honest, when we fell in love with Rangers, gave a flying fuck about anything else. These things came later. Its taken me nearly 42 years for that penny to drop, don't make the same mistake.

I totally understand what you mean.

But these things don't hurt our club as much as the people who allow it. That's my real problem in all this (tu)

I totally understand what you mean.

But these things don't hurt our club as much as the people who allow it. That's my real problem in all this (tu)

Find me their addresses and that can be remedied.

Well said

My Grandfather was an Orange Lodge member who went to all marches in NI as a drummer (even though he was beter with a flute) yet he took me to Rangers and told me that I should ignore the Orange side of the club until I could decide for myself. I was never forced into being a Protestant by my Grandfather as he always wanted what was best for me and that is why I ended up with such an open mind as a Rangers fan/supporter. I have done the same with my son.

My first game was when I was 4 (well before the NIAR) and I witnessed my first sight of Davie Cooper at Raith Rovers, where I thought he was far better than my then idol, Derek Johnstone. Davie became my idol from that one game and remained as such until the day he died.

As you may tell, I decided to support the club at an early age and you are showing a little bit of ignorance by thinking that all bears knew what the club meant to certain people when they chose to support them - some were too bloody young for a start!

Couple that with certain people having the ability to mature with age and realise what is hurting the club they love - we have fans who are placing the club before tradition, before they end up another Ferranti Thistle.

What you should remember is that both Rangers and Celtic were quite happy to encourage religion as long as the money was coming in. Without religion both clubs would just have been normal clubs. Not saying it was right but that is the way it ended up.

What you should remember is that both Rangers and Celtic were quite happy to encourage religion as long as the money was coming in. Without religion both clubs would just have been normal clubs. Not saying it was right but that is the way it ended up.

Getting rid of religion would hurt them more than us bro, they are institutionalised catholics, whereas our club has become more secular. Whilst our support may consider themselves Protestant in general, attendances at the Kirk would suggest they are no more Christian than I am.

God is a useless cunt anyway, he doesn't exist so we can't sign him for next season, why bother with the radge at all?

Getting rid of religion would hurt them more than us bro, they are institutionalised catholics, whereas our club has become more secular. Whilst our support may consider themselves Protestant in general, attendances at the Kirk would suggest they are no more Christian than I am.

God is a useless cunt anyway, he doesn't exist so we can't sign him for next season, why bother with the radge at all?

The problem is mate where is it going to stop, not many shout FTP at the games and they will chip away until there are no songs left to sing. We only want a level playing field, but it is so much one sided at the moment.

It's a good article but what makes everyone so sure the press will go after the tims when we have a clean bill of health?

They are more than capable of reporting it now and choose not to?

It won't happen.

I think in all honesty it would come down to us as fans to highlight it at every turn, none of this dignified silence, hammer them at every turn.

Make no mistake we were always going to loose this battle in a modern briton, but if we play smart we can resign their "political"(my arse) songbook to the bin

They remind me of the immigrants that get the bad press. They come to Britain, buy into what it's about then go about moaning like fuck trying to change things from the inside to suit them more.

I don't tell them what to sing and what not to sing. Freedom of choice and that, so I'm fucked if I'm going to be told to hush my mouth when singing a song that's not even sectarian or racist but they believe it is because they believe everything they fucking hear.

You're on fire the night, son! (tu)

The problem is mate where is it going to stop, not many shout FTP at the games and they will chip away until there are no songs left to sing. We only want a level playing field, but it is so much one sided at the moment.

I know mate, I know. We need to do something ridiculous to expose their nonsensical agenda (a couple of random, meaningless songs adopted for example, and wait for the accusations of all-sorts to start flooding in). We need to play this clever, and suppress the urge to cave these corrupt bastards heads in with a pick-axe.

You are correct and I agree with the tactic at the time - it made the old firm who they are today. There is a bitter rivalry there which makes them the best derby game in the World.

However, the more Rangers are dragged through the hedges by mindless arseholes who get offended by songs sang years ago with no issue, the more the tradition makes it harder for Rangers to survive. We are a massive club in the eyes of the World but if we do not wisen up, we will end up being the scape goats for the PC brigade and have no club to follow.