The Fishing Season Thread

Skelf

Thats us nearly coming into new fishing season now. Post any hints tips and good spots on here, my rods been dry the last few years so would be grateful of any tips.

Is it game or sea fishing your on about ?

I cant wait for the season to start up again properly. I started fishing again last year for the first time in about 15 years and i loved it. Unfortunately it had been the end of the season. I have still been fishing throughout the winter but obviously catches are very low.

Looking forward to the return of mackerel. Free dinner for weeks :)

I cant wait for the season to start up again properly. I started fishing again last year for the first time in about 15 years and i loved it. Unfortunately it had been the end of the season. I have still been fishing throughout the winter but obviously catches are very low.

Looking forward to the return of mackerel. Free dinner for weeks :)

My mate was fishing the kelvin for a few year and caught 5 salmon a day on average. The permit was 19 quid last year but they put it up to 90 quid now apparently.

Fishing isnt really a sport is it?

Its still enjoyable.

I've only been fising 3/4 times in my life. Always had a bit of fun. Fishing up in the Shetlands was great, caught a couple fish.

It would be something I would like to get into.

Fishing isnt really a sport is it?

Its still enjoyable.

I've only been fising 3/4 times in my life. Always had a bit of fun. Fishing up in the Shetlands was great, caught a couple fish.

It would be something I would like to get into.

I would say its a sport tbh, its on sky sports. But aye its relaxing (tu)

I'm off fishing tomorrow, loch at Eaglesham. Been many times, great up there. Rainbows/brown trout.

Theres a cracking one at fenwick, crawfordland I think its called, very secluded and always quiet, dnt pay for boat either, strictly fly only.

Thats us nearly coming into new fishing season now. Post any hints tips and good spots on here, my rods been dry the last few years so would be grateful of any tips.

Take it your not very good with girls then.

Sorry mate I had to. :ph34r:

Theres a cracking one at fenwick, crawfordland I think its called, very secluded and always quiet, dnt pay for boat either, strictly fly only.

Yeah its the fly fishing I'm into. Its called High Dam, great wee place. They have boats, 2 pound to hire, and the belly float things, where your basicly your own wee boat with flippers etc, for like 3 pound. Great place for begginers and experts, and the owners are fantastic, couldn't be better actually. First time I've been since probably last August, fucking hate the cold weather when fishing.

Yeah its the fly fishing I'm into. Its called High Dam, great wee place. They have boats, 2 pound to hire, and the belly float things, where your basicly your own wee boat with flippers etc, for like 3 pound. Great place for begginers and experts, and the owners are fantastic, couldn't be better actually. First time I've been since probably last August, fucking hate the cold weather when fishing.

PM md the details of the place if u could mate. (tu)

Easy way to fish is get a net 40 meshes deep, float rope with corks and lead rope on the bottom. Put a bottle at one side at the top of the net, and a brick at the other end. Then head for the the Tweed and chuck in your net and you will catch all the Salmon and Trout that you want. ;)

Easy way to fish is get a net 40 meshes deep, float rope with corks and lead rope on the bottom. Put a bottle at one side at the top of the net, and a brick at the other end. Then head for the the Tweed and chuck in your net and you will catch all the Salmon and Trout that you want. ;)

Very skillful :lol:

Went today, at 6am. Because its at the Moors, where the windfarms etc are, its really exposed to outrageous winds. My hands were literally blue, packed it in about 11, dont see a point in fishing if your not enjoying yourself. Today was punishment. Got one rainbow today but in like my only non shite cast (wind making it difficult)

Went today, at 6am. Because its at the Moors, where the windfarms etc are, its really exposed to outrageous winds. My hands were literally blue, packed it in about 11, dont see a point in fishing if your not enjoying yourself. Today was punishment. Got one rainbow today but in like my only non shite cast (wind making it difficult)

Me and mate are going next saturday.

We checked website out and it looks really good00000042.gif

Me and mate are going next saturday.

We checked website out and it looks really good00000042.gif

Oh good stuff mate. Today I noticed something the owner has invested in. They do night fishing right, and they now have a hut like on the opposite side with bunk beds etc on it, for a 5er a head. Means you can get the dawn time and get the head down into the bargain. I've done the night fishing thing twice there, unbelievable for fly fishing, unbelievable. About 5,6am the fish are leaping out everywhere (tu)