Can we tackle the REAL problem?

Exactly. So just because they do it, it's acceptable for us to do it?

I really don't think they sing that sectarian shite to the same extent that our fans do.

They may not sing to the same extent, that may or may not be true, but they hold up their banners worshiping their dead murdering heroes and openly defend rebellion against our country and mock our armed forces (religion is a side issue)

I believe most would give up our seemingly offensive words, if they and their club gave up their loyalty to another country.

At present it all one sided.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A serious question. Is No pope f Rome on a banned list. Has anyone actually seen the list. Is singing about a desire to live in a country which does not have the influences of the Catholic church actually sectarian. It is not actually saying anything derogatory about the church or the pope. Surely no different from people wanting to live in a Rebublic without a monarchy.

What do you mean by "a country which does not have the influences of the catholic church"

You mean no catholics in this country?? Pretty damn offensive.

They may not sing to the same extent, that may or may not be true, but they hold up their banners worshiping their dead murdering heroes and openly defend rebellion against our country and mock our armed forces (religion is a side issue)

I believe most would give up our seemingly offensive words, if they and their club gave up their loyalty to another country.

I agree. I find their stuff about the soldiers WAY more offensive than anything we sing. It's vile. But two wrongs don't make a right.

We don't help our case against them by behaving just as bad. If we REALLY wanted to get the media focus on them and their vile anti-British bigotry then we should stop singing our shite and stop giving the likes of Spiers ammo.

I should make my point clearer. Rule Britannia isn't sectarian, or racist or anything like that. I'm sure some Celtic fans get offended by it but it's perfectly acceptable. They can be proud to be Irish and we can be proud to British.

But 'No Pope of Rome' is clearly sectarian and anti-Catholic and therefore not acceptable. It's not the most offensive song in the world but it's still sectarian. We wouldn't dream of singing the same stuff about Islam.

They aren't Irish though.

How can you even begin to be offended by a song if it was say 'anti-irish', if you aren't even Irish yourself?

Ridiculous.

Clearly it is regarding the very same song for which UEFA said that we would face sanctions if our fans continued to sing it.

As we have seen in this thread and have heard at games there are people who will not accept and still do not care that there will be repercussions which will affect the club.

We all agree that the ruling is wrong and absurd but no matter how rousing the song is the plain fact is that some of our fans have damaged the club and will cost the club at a time where our finances are fragile enough.

There is no point bleating about campaigns against us or that other clubs do worse etc, etc, because,without doubt, some of our own fans have played right into the hands of those who are invested in harming Rangers and I am afraid that is where the blame lies.

If we want the financial benefits and the kudos of playing in european competitions,under the auspices of Eufa,then we have to abide by their rules and judgements,no matter how patently unjust and plainly absurd they are and until the ruling is rescinded the defiance and "no one tells me what I can or cannot sing" attitude is just going to damage club and support more and more.

Think you have misunderstood my post. I am actually supporting the view that we need to stop singing TBBs, and my post states that. My issue is that I do not believe anything on this elusive banned list was actually sung at the home match against PSV. Interestingly the Celtic FC apologist Alan Rough said exactly that on Real Radio tonight.

We are responsible for our actions and words and should clean up our act. Let Celtic worry about their idiots in the crowd.

No thanks. Why don't you fuck off back to North London?

whats that mr spiers? your a lying taig , no rangers fan would say this 'And no I'm not suggesting that Rangers are the ONLY team to have a problem or that the likes of Spiers is unbiased and treats Celtic's sectarian chanting with the same level of scrutiny as he treats ours.' :rolleyes:

How can you even begin to be offended by a song if it was say 'anti-irish', if you aren't even Irish yourself?

Ridiculous.

(tu)

Here's a wee senario...we give up our offensive songs and be nice, they carry on doing what they're doing and act like scum.

Our support will become a seathing mass of resentment unable to respond.This would only lead to violence after the game, violence on the streets.

A football ground has always been a place where people could vent their feelings with no real harm done.

I should make my point clearer. Rule Britannia isn't sectarian, or racist or anything like that. I'm sure some Celtic fans get offended by it but it's perfectly acceptable. They can be proud to be Irish and we can be proud to British.

But 'No Pope of Rome' is clearly sectarian and anti-Catholic and therefore not acceptable. It's not the most offensive song in the world but it's still sectarian. We wouldn't dream of singing the same stuff about Islam.

When the fuck did they become Irish ? They were born in Britain and raised in Britain.

Ridiculous.

I know they aren't Irish, but they have close Irish ancestry and obviously feel like the have (rightly or wrongly) a kind of Irish identity.

I see your point though, a lot of them are clearly just looking to be offended.

Is it radio Clydes fault?

FARE?

UEFA?

I just sent a letter to followfollow after seeing their recent comments on news now.

They are getting cringeworthy now, almost trying to say its okay to keep singing banned songs.

It's time to tackle the real problem which is Rangers fans singing banned songs.

You know its not allowed, and even if you are drunk its still not allowed. STOP IT!

Check this guy's IP i bet he's not from Denmark.

When the fuck did they become Irish ? They were born in Britain and raised in Britain.

Stop taking what I said literally. I meant their Irish ancestry. Are they not allowed to feel like they have an Irish identity as well as a Scottish identity?

I know they aren't Irish, but they have close Irish ancestry and obviously feel like the have (rightly or wrongly) a kind of Irish identity.

I see your point though, a lot of them are clearly just looking to be offended.

Plastic paddies aren't Irish however much they kid themselves.

Away and get shagged by yer priest ya dirty republican bastard

Oh you can fuck off. The only reason I'm criticsing some of you is because I actually CARE about our club and don't want to see it harmed/docked points/banned from Europe etc.

Some of you fucking retards seem to care more about singing songs than about the football we play or anything else.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

I care about Rangers FC. Is that a fucking crime??

Stop taking what I said literally. I meant their Irish ancestry. Are they not allowed to feel like they have an Irish identity as well as a Scottish identity?

Well think before you type.

It doesn't matter what they feel, the fact is their Scottish NOT Irish.

The majority have as much Irish blood in them as I do, the only Irish are the ones who come over in the boat and even they're dubious.