Can you remember us playing Spurs in the 80s

It was at white hart lane. I was there but can't remember to much about it. I think it was a testimonial and the game ended 1-1. It was a scorcher of a day and if I remember right there was a little bit of crowd trouble among the Spurs fans in the ground.

Where you there ?

Memories ?

We travelled down in huge numbers, the ground got wrecked and we battered Spurs all day and all night. I was only 17 and travelled down at the last minute on the Friday overnight bus, and paid for the trip from a win at the bookies. Great fucking day, althoigh a few on here would have had a hairy fit if they had witnessed some of what went on.

kind of recall it, think you're right it was a draw and it wasn't long after Souness took over as manager. Even though it was just a friendly I think there was a good few thousand bears there because we'd signed a few high profile English players. Can't recall any crowd trouble though

We travelled down in huge numbers, the ground got wrecked and we battered Spurs all day and all night. I was only 17 and travelled down at the last minute on the Friday overnight bus, and paid for the trip from a win at the bookies. Great fucking day, althoigh a few on here would have had a hairy fit if they had witnessed some of what went on.

Aye, was a great day although I never personaly seen much trouble of note outside the ground, there did seem a lot of tension among the fans.

Sounds very similar to the trip we did from Paisley.

Left Friday night about midnight. Wrecked the service station on the way down.Introduced to Redstripe Lager and yes there was a fair few skirmishes outside and inside the ground. Belter of a weekend though and one of my all time favourite trips away with the Gers

Left Friday night about midnight. Wrecked the service station on the way down.Introduced to Redstripe Lager and yes there was a fair few skirmishes outside and inside the ground. Belter of a weekend though and one of my all time favourite trips away with the Gers

" Wrecked the service station on the way down"

You say that with a hint of pride :D

It was at white hart lane. I was there but can't remember to much about it. I think it was a testimonial and the game ended 1-1. It was a scorcher of a day and if I remember right there was a little bit of crowd trouble among the Spurs fans in the ground.

Where you there ?

Memories ?

Absolutely superb trip, it wasn't long after Souness took over, and i might be wrong but did Butcher not make his debut there, we left London a couple of hours after the game and went up to Luton RSC, what a night lol

Absolutely superb trip, it wasn't long after Souness took over, and i might be wrong but did Butcher not make his debut there, we left London a couple of hours after the game and went up to Luton RSC, what a night lol

From memory i don't think any of the signings played that day as it was basically the team of 85 who took to the park.

Was that the West End bus(Davie Moyes)? I travelled with them all the time then, but went down on the National Express for that and stayed in a hotel on the Saturday night. I can't believe that the service station got sacked. :D

my mate and i travelled down on an overnight bus, took fooking ages to get there....... was drinking in a page three models pub before and after the game (samantha fox if my memory serves me correctly). we bought our tickets at ibrox before we left but the queue to get into the rangers end was fkn mayhem.... after a while they just opened the exit doors and we all piled in, didnae need a ticket!!!!!! we had just signed terry butcher as "you couldnae pay Buthchers wages" belted out from the rangers end.. changed days indeed............

i can also remember Phill Bennets testimonial in sunderland around about the same time... what a support that day, think we just about filled the place (the old stadium) magic times..........

Was that the West End bus(Davie Moyes)? I travelled with them all the time then, but went down on the National Express for that and stayed in a hotel on the Saturday night. I can't believe that the service station got sacked. :D

The very same. Left from Causeyside Street and got in to London about 8am on Saturday morning. Toilet broke about an hour in to the trip which was fun watching rivers of piss running down the bus.

Still a cracking trip and a fair few memories of walking down to the ground with literally thousands of bears then narrowly avoiding a "Hillsborough" getting in and moving sections.

Remember feck all about the game other than Cammy Fraser scored for us and Clive Allen for them.

The very same. Left from Causeyside Street and got in to London about 8am on Saturday morning. Toilet broke about an hour in to the trip which was fun watching rivers of piss running down the bus.

Still a cracking trip and a fair few memories of walking down to the ground with literally thousands of bears then narrowly avoiding a "Hillsborough" getting in and moving sections.

Remember feck all about the game other than Cammy Fraser scored for us and Clive Allen for them.

I went to Boavista and the toilet broke after the same amount of time! Rough as fuck bus, but most were as good as gold. I moved away and only found out last year that big Davie had passed away. I had a dark rum and pep in his memory. ;)

I was at the one at Ibrox, that Ian Ferguson played Gazza off the park. It was a scorching day and The Players were wearing those Airtex T-bag material jerseys.

I was there I remember that top too and the weather was boiling. It was Mo Johnstons first game at Ibrox too. I was in the Govan front that day and Gazza went to collect the ball for a throw and called us Scottish Bastards, I think the stick he got that day was too much for him. Trevor Steven made his debut that day aswell and scored a screamer, we won 1-0. Im sure there was a bust up with Fergie and Paul Stewart or someone? Im sure he spat on Fergie could be wrong though.