Why are we so slow to stand behind our traditions?

Thermopylae

I was just thinking what would have happened if someone in the mhedia had pointed out Walter wearing orange in the picture on my sig ... we would probably have defended it by saying he never saw it or something equally cringeworthy.

Why should we be ashamed of an affinity with William III after all it was he who introduced the bill of rights in 1689 and ended Stewart tyranny by agreeing to rule with parliament ... quite a substantial figure in the history of our country I would say!

I was just thinking what would have happened if someone in the mhedia had pointed out Walter wearing orange in the picture on my sig ... we would probably have defended it by saying he never saw it or something equally cringeworthy.

Why should we be ashamed of an affinity with William III after all it was he who introduced the bill of rights in 1689 and ended Stewart tyranny by agreeing to rule with parliament ... quite a substantial figure in the history of our country I would say!

Politics and football needs to be divided...

Does this only apply to us or are the Spanish are Italians included?

I'd love to say every country in the world but thats not gonna happen is it??

Let the citizens of their own countries worry about their own problems and we'll worry about ours, apart from the bigots mind you :disappointment:

No but Madrid and Barcelona refight the Spanish civil war every time they play and Milan are a club of the left with Inter on the right ... all over the world football is better when it's more than just a game :sherlock:

Whats better about it? Silly daft murders or murderers in your own family. If you had either in you family football would disappoint you.

Scotland needs to defo kick the bigotry out, its not needed and it costs the tax payers and clubs enough as it is...

I'd love to say every country in the world but thats not gonna happen is it??

Let the citizens of their own countries worry about their own problems and we'll worry about ours, apart from the bigots mind you :disappointment:

I say we should enjoy the colour of the scene ... and perhaps realise that the reason Glasgow didn't become Belfast is because football took the place of real war. Let's face it it could just as easily have happened here as it did there

No but Madrid and Barcelona refight the Spanish civil war every time they play and Milan are a club of the left with Inter on the right ... all over the world football is better when it's more than just a game :sherlock:

Your right , take away intense rivalries and football would be shite.

Whats better about it? Silly daft murders or murderers in your own family. If you had either in you family football would disappoint you.

Scotland needs to defo kick the bigotry out, its not needed and it costs the tax payers and clubs enough as it is...

Let's start with the schools then.

Oops, silly me, I forgot we are not allowed to mention them.

Shite - think that's the polis kicking ma door down now

Guest Andypendek

But to my mind, though I am native here and to the manner born, it is a custom more honoured in the breach than the observance.

Hamlet, ActI Sc.IV

But to my mind, though I am native here and to the manner born, it is a custom more honoured in the breach than the observance.

Hamlet, ActI Sc.IV

Fuck knows what he's on about, but I used to enjoy one of his cigars at Christmas!

Christians used to follow the tradition of obeying Rome, not divorcing, and not having a bible translated into your own language. Some people protested. These Protestants have a habit of breaking with traditions. I'm not interested in Ireland. I don't think King Billy or this present bunch of Royal inbreds matter. I won't be buying Royal wedding teatowels and I won't be rolling Easter eggs down a hill today. I don't hate Catholics but I think their religion is rather outdated and encourages obedience and therefore subservience. Violence and hating are not traditions. Defend traditions if you want, I was brought up to question them.

The only real tradition Rangers the football club need to defend is winning trophies, they seem to do it rather well.

Guest Andypendek

Well said, sir. I reckon that's how Shakespeare (Billy boy to his mates down Ye Olde Taverne) would have put it were he around today.

We seem to be surrounded by aplogists instead of promoters and that is where the problem lies and the issues we have had.

Celtic have one good thing about them and that's its PR team. If Rangers had the same and came out and actually put up a fight I bet we would not be being taken to task by UEFA and half the charges we have already faced would of been dropped with out a case to defend!

Wee story about racism in football in Italy - When Lillian Thuram was at Parma he was courted by Lazio and was actually at the club to sign for them,. The leading group of Lazio Ultra's found out about this and their leader went and met the president of the club. He turned round and said if he signed Thuram then he would take his Ultra's away and they would not attend matches and would cause trouble for other fans trying to attend the games. All because Thuram was black. Thuram as we know never signed for Lazio and signed for Juventus that season and the rest is history!

We seem to be surrounded by aplogists instead of promoters and that is where the problem lies and the issues we have had.

Celtic have one good thing about them and that's its PR team. If Rangers had the same and came out and actually put up a fight I bet we would not be being taken to task by UEFA and half the charges we have already faced would of been dropped with out a case to defend!

Wee story about racism in football in Italy - When Lillian Thuram was at Parma he was courted by Lazio and was actually at the club to sign for them,. The leading group of Lazio Ultra's found out about this and their leader went and met the president of the club. He turned round and said if he signed Thuram then he would take his Ultra's away and they would not attend matches and would cause trouble for other fans trying to attend the games. All because Thuram was black. Thuram as we know never signed for Lazio and signed for Juventus that season and the rest is history!

Rangers employ a lot of men, few of them are apologists. Murray never says anything. In fact most of the time Rangers maintain dignified silences. Keeping your powder dry sort of thing. Celtic do not have a good PR team, they are preaching to the converted/deluded who think rebel and Oirland and Guiness and Papal visits and Palestine and 1967 and the IRA and Buckfast are a culture. Dr Death sings rebel songs but agreed to invade sovereign territory with Tony Blair.

I like the fact that Rangers quietly go about their business. What's your point about Thuram? Ultra ignorant fans should control the business decisions of a company? That'll be Celtic then.

Rangers employ a lot of men, few of them are apologists. Murray never says anything. In fact most of the time Rangers maintain dignified silences. Keeping your powder dry sort of thing. Celtic do not have a good PR team, they are preaching to the converted/deluded who think rebel and Oirland and Guiness and Papal visits and Palestine and 1967 and the IRA and Buckfast are a culture. Dr Death sings rebel songs but agreed to invade sovereign territory with Tony Blair.

I like the fact that Rangers quietly go about their business. What's your point about Thuram? Ultra ignorant fans should control the business decisions of a company? That'll be Celtic then.

Then why are we dragged through the media.....while Celtic seem to go untouched? That is the annoyance - there was an article in the times yesterday it seemed to be three sentances about how bad Rangers are and then a half a sentence kind of saying Celtic do it a little!

The Thuram was just a mention - that for all people are saying about Rangers at the moment that their are clubs with far bigger problems!

Then why are we dragged through the media.....while Celtic seem to go untouched? That is the annoyance - there was an article in the times yesterday it seemed to be three sentances about how bad Rangers are and then a half a sentence kind of saying Celtic do it a little!

The Thuram was just a mention - that for all people are saying about Rangers at the moment that their are clubs with far bigger problems!

The newspapers in this country are dying on their arses. They don't sell news. They sell gossip and advertising. Don't read them.

Someone has sent bombs. This has been reported. Football fans sometimes get carried away. This is being dealt with.

Skoda driving taxi drivers have raped and murdered women, do you believe that all Skoda drivers are being victimised in the media? I take most of the news I read with a huge pinch of salt.

BUT WHat the fuck has any of that got to do with Rangers?

The newspapers in this country are dying on their arses. They don't sell news. They sell gossip and advertising. Don't read them.

Someone has sent bombs. This has been reported. Football fans sometimes get carried away. This is being dealt with.

Skoda driving taxi drivers have raped and murdered women, do you believe that all Skoda drivers are being victimised in the media? I take most of the news I read with a huge pinch of salt.

But a lot of people don't!