Where will Champions League cash go?

bs1982

Where will the money from the Champions League be spent IF we make it this year?

Due to money from this in past two seasons our income was far more than our expenditure. Our debt reduced by around £12m and £8 previous transfer fees were paid off but debt has now supposedly been repayed or re-structured after the takeover.

Every report seems to suggest that Whyte's £25m over 5 years for transfers is external investment so the Champions League cash shouldn't be used for transfers if these reports are correct (at least not directly anyway).

It does seem to be the big difference between being profitable and making a loss though. With it our income should be about £10m more than our current expenditure but without it we would definitely struggle to break even for the year and probably make a loss so where will/should it be spent?

• Increase the wage bill (to pay for any players bought from £25m over 5 years)
  • Stadium repairs
  • Held in reserve for potential tax case
  • Held back to cover seasons where we don't qualify for Champions League
  • Increase investment in youth development
  • Any other investments???
  • Dividend for Whyte which will indirectly form the £25m

The last one was a bit tongue in cheek but might be what AJ and board were alluding to. Where would you like to see it spent?

Where will the money from the Champions League be spent IF we make it this year?

Due to money from this in past two seasons our income was far more than our expenditure. Our debt reduced by around £12m and £8 previous transfer fees were paid off but debt has now supposedly been repayed or re-structured after the takeover.

Every report seems to suggest that Whyte's £25m over 5 years for transfers is external investment so the Champions League cash shouldn't be used for transfers if these reports are correct (at least not directly anyway).

It does seem to be the big difference between being profitable and making a loss though. With it our income should be about £10m more than our current expenditure but without it we would definitely struggle to break even for the year and probably make a loss so where will/should it be spent?

• Increase the wage bill (to pay for any players bought from £25m over 5 years)
  • Stadium repairs
  • Held in reserve for potential tax case
  • Held back to cover seasons where we don't qualify for Champions League
  • Increase investment in youth development
  • Any other investments???
  • Dividend for Whyte which will indirectly form the £25m

The last one was a bit tongue in cheek but might be what AJ and board were alluding to. Where would you like to see it spent?

As long as it doesnt go to paying part of the £18m back to The Rangers Group plc.

As an aside, we still have a number of other leases etc that havent been mentioned in any of the dealings from Whyte. All things being well and assuming there is nothing underhand with the £18m deal, then get rid of these and leave us with ZILCHO outgoings to creditors. (tu)

Tax Case is a must! If we win.. then...

After that It'd be stadium repairs (shouldn't cost too much, and will make me more comfy. :happy:

Then I'd go for the contracts, then youth development, and then held in reserve for non-CL seasons.

So basically, I agree with all of your suggestions, but would prioritize them in that order. :beer1:

I seen it clearly stated by whyte that the debt that's paid off will NOT be owed by the club to him or anyone else. It's gone done dusted forgotten. Any monies coming into the club will be invested in the club. Whether it's part of the 25m remains to be seen.

If hes a proper die hard, then it will all go back into the club. However IMO all clubs are now being run as purely businesses solely to make profit for the owners (except for the owners who apprear to have no concern about money what so ever) and with that i think that he will pocket the majority of it or use it as part of the £25m thats to be invested.

With the new European finance rules it is probably wise to try and build up a cushion. I don't want the club ever to go mental again and land us in the shit again. We should be more than capable of comfortably competing within our limits for the SPL and to be fairly successful in the CL. The only way we would ever be capable of winning the CL would be with an Ajax type model of developing youngsters (Obviously there would require a lot of luck for that dreamland scenario to occur!)

I seen it clearly stated by whyte that the debt that's paid off will NOT be owed by the club to him or anyone else. It's gone done dusted forgotten. Any monies coming into the club will be invested in the club. Whether it's part of the 25m remains to be seen.

I wonder if our leader has any more free gratis money... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Don kens a thing or two... :pipe:

With the new European finance rules it is probably wise to try and build up a cushion. I don't want the club ever to go mental again and land us in the shit again. We should be more than capable of comfortably competing within our limits for the SPL and to be fairly successful in the CL. The only way we would ever be capable of winning the CL would be with an Ajax type model of developing youngsters (Obviously there would require a lot of luck for that dreamland scenario to occur!)

spot on mate (tu)

Dustbin for that as soon as it's challenged...restraint of trade..ec law..

Harvesting unrealistic debt in the hope that it will lead to a bumper crop does more harm than good. The state of world finance proves this. If the EC does not update its laws accordingly it will crumble. Football hopefully can find a way of demonstrating that having some limits can provide a more sustainable and competitive future imo