Carlos Puyol speech on the "iconic Rangers and their fans"

I remember Carlos Puyol saying "Rangers and their fans are an iconic team not just for Barcelona but the whole of Catalonia,we knew francos police would attack them,we never understood you could fight back,and by god they did" Anybody got a tape of this ? It was on Spanish TV.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we put over 100 of them in hospital.As I remember the Bears came on the pitch because they thought the final whistle had gone and Franco's polis baton charged them.They went back to their seats and broke them up into weapons.When the final whistle went they came on again and when Franco's polis baton charged them again the Bears fucked them royally.Didnt know Puyol spoke about it.

I think we put over 100 of them in hospital.As I remember the Bears came on the pitch because they thought the final whistle had gone and Franco's polis baton charged them.They went back to their seats and broke them up into weapons.When the final whistle went they came on again and when Franco's polis baton charged them again the Bears fucked them royally.Didnt know Puyol spoke about it.

RANGERS AGAINST FASCISM

Before the champions league game against them,skys Spanish correspondent graham hunter{aberdeen fan} spoke about it.puyol was quite gushing in his love for the Rangers and our fans.

He said it live on spanish tv.after it Graeme Hunter spoke of it.

See, everybody, including a lot of Rangers fans, would have us believe that Barcelona, their players and their supporters are somehow more likely to have an affinity with Celtic and vice versa, on account of their politics and mutual appreciation and application of flowing, attacking football ( :craphead: ) but I've no time for that shite. Something Celtic and their fans have never done is engage in running battles with and, for a sustained period of time, hold back the full might of Franco's brutal police. Puyol wasn't even born then but he has grown up to know The Rangers as champions of the people. That's the stuff of folklore right there :21: