Obscure Rangers players from the past

MisterC

The two South African wonderkids Thomas Madigage and Augustine Makalakalane. I remember going down to Kilbowie to see them play in a friendly against Clydebank and they were terrific and lighting quick. The hype surrounding them was massive and then all of a sudden, they just vanished.

Anyone else remember these two guys?

Thats the lad nothing came of him

There was a black player called andy grey who played for us or did I just dream that.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the lad nothing came of him

There was a black player called andy grey who played for us or did I just dream that.

The same one who played for Palace and later on, Falkirk? I doubt he played for us as I am sure I would've remembered something being said about it

The same one who played for Palace and later on, Falkirk? I doubt he played for us as I am sure I would've remembered something being said about it

are you talking about andy grey then aye im sure I saw him play at Ibrox it might have been a friendly and he played in it for Rangers but he did play and he was fucking hopeless.

are you talking about andy grey then aye im sure I saw him play at Ibrox it might have been a friendly and he played in it for Rangers but he did play and he was fucking hopeless.

Talking about Andy Gray mate, aye. If it is the one I am thinking about, there is nothing on wikipedia about him playing for us.

Gordon Ramsay. Wonder what happened to him, probably working behind the counter at the copland diner :pipe:

Did he not score a hatrick in the 72 cup winners final, was top scorer in Europe that year and won world player of the year :rolleyes:

I think the black AG played in testimonial.

Salim Bachi Khan, an Indian international, played barefoot for Glasgow Rangers in the 1936-37 season.

I'm sure he played for Celtic, whereas our first non-white signing was the Walter Tull who didn't make his debut due to the outbreak of the first World War.

Talking about Andy Gray mate, aye. If it is the one I am thinking about, there is nothing on wikipedia about him playing for us.

TBH it might have been falkirk he defo came on as sub and the name got read out everybody was saying thats no andy grey .I remember that he looked about 16 stone and had thighs like tree trunks and kicked anything that moved. But I dont think it was as late as when he played for falkirk.

who was that boy farfan or fanfan? something like that we had for a season who was gash

i was on the bus coming home from work last week when he came into my head for some reason hahahaha

weird

was it Jose Pierre Karl Fanfan or something like that??