Republic 5 - Northern Ireland 0

N.I. shocked by atrocious refereeing in the 5-0 reverse.

The pain continued for the visitors after the break as a woeful Blayney clearance eventually resulted in youngster Thompson conceding a penalty and being harshly sent off.

Cathcart failed to control Blayney's sliced kick and Thompson fouled Keane as the Republic skipper was about to pull the trigger.

Even beady eyed Robbie Keane pleaded the case for Thompson to be allowed to stay on but Scottish referee Craig Thompson was having none of it as he set out to gain further favour with the downtrodden unwashed kiddy fiddling terrorist loving home support.

E&O

can we change the topic name to Republic 5 - Northern Ireland (u16,u 17, u18, Irish league part-timers & anyone who could make it) 0

ROI beat a very young team, felt quite sorry for the boys last night, ap ositive for me is that it can only get better when the full compliment is back, the ROI i believe cannot really do that

Craig Thomson wasn't to blame for goodness sake.

Pretty sure he was saying "I've got no choice" when he sent the boy off. No doubt would have got fucked for it if he didn't.

Not surprised at the score considering the very poor team NI had out.