Craig Brown warns 'Gers: Foster won't go cheap.

As well as I think Ricky Foster done for Rangers during his loan spell, it's time to cut ties and move on.

After a pretty horrific debut by Foster against Hamilton, he came on to a game. He didn't look out of place at right back and his pace was pretty welcoming from a full-back. But, Craig Brown has come out and told us, again, that Foster won't go cheap, so in my opinion we should just say "Okay, you can keep him". If I said "he isn't Rangers class", i'll admit not really knowing what Rangers class really is because every season since the start of RFC it has changed, so let me say "I think we could do better".

I don't think Ally should be pressured into buying Foster and in all honesty, right back isn't even an area we really need filled. With Broadfoot coming back and first choice Whittaker very reliable, I think we should spend any money we would have spent on Foster on buying a player for a position we really need or maybe even to tie up some contracts.

Ally would be silly to pay over £500,000 for Foster.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't understand this at all. Brought in for a year just to keep things comfortable at the back, with an option for another defender always there. He performed well, and not so well in other games. Job done, back to Aberdeen.

There are FAR better options out there, ones who wouldn't cost up to a half a million, than Foster, yet we seem determined to bring him back.

Ally would be silly to pursue Foster full stop. We need to keep improving Foster was a result of our poor financial position I thank him for his contribution and in return he can wear his champions medal proud.

Jesus Christ Ally! Jordan McMillan and Darren Cole should be back up to Whittaker!

Really?

The guys is 22/23 now. Has started one game for us and finished last season on loan at Wrexham.

He's highly unlikely to make it at Rangers now and if he ended up at Aberdeen I think it's a certainty that Foster would play before him.

I also don't think Foster is anywhere near as bad as some poeple make out and by not coming cheaply that probably means somewhere close to 400k.

Foster might not come chaeply, but when you consider that Aberdeen's biggest signing in the past half a decade was Tommy Wright for about 75k then just what would they consider expensive? 250k? 300k? 400k? Surely it wouldn't be any more than that.

If Foster came back I wouldn't feel outrgaed about it, but I know some people would. His performances got better as the season went on( what defender doesn't under Walter Smith?)

I am not aware of Ally ever specifically naming Foster as one he wants to keep.He has generalised about keeping the present squad together and adding to it.So I wouldnt be too fussed about what Craig Brown has to say.He is only looking after himself and trying to generate a few bucks for whom he wants and I doubt that Foster is one of them. Ally's no fool.We have ample cover at RB and Foster didnt make himself irreplaceable whilst he was here.If he stays it will be on our terms and not Craig Brown's.

I also don't think Foster is anywhere near as bad as some poeple make out and by not coming cheaply that probably means somewhere close to 400k.

Foster might not come chaeply, but when you consider that Aberdeen's biggest signing in the past half a decade was Tommy Wright for about 75k then just what would they consider expensive? 250k? 300k? 400k? Surely it wouldn't be any more than that.

If Foster came back I wouldn't feel outrgaed about it, but I know some people would. His performances got better as the season went on( what defender doesn't under Walter Smith?)

would tend to agree here

certainly we would like better, but as a back up fullback he isnt the worst, plus he has the experience required ot help mccoist settle into the first season with him in charge

They'd end up letting him go cheap.

Brown's only concern when it comes to his team that they are all happy as a group, if Ricky Foster wants to be at Rangers, he'll more likely be unhappy at Aberdeen so Brown would flog him.

This is why loans from scottish clubs are a bad idea we give him experience on the big stage mould him into a half decent player

and they turn round and say they want big bucks because he developed well here

this type of thing is to be expected from brown

worse case scenario he should refuse any transfer sign him on a bosman when his contract at Aberdeen runs out if we are that interested

SO wee Craig fat bawface sfa bumboy arse lickin Brown says Foster won't go cheap. Give him some trill (budgie food)and he can fly back north.

Don't get me wrong,he was ok,but he's not worth anything like £500k,when you consider septic got Commons for £300k.

PS I don't like Hen Broon.post-57110-0-61719800-1306448171_thumb.j