To The Large Spineless Element In The Rangers Support

caseyjones

Isn't casey meaning that we signed RC'S or a high profile one to be precise just to get folk off our backs?

We didnt we signed Mo Johnstone because he was the best international stiker Scotland had to offer remember the 3 foreigner rule ?

And back then nobody gave a fuck about Public image as compared to today.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a large part to play in it, Moses. It's still going on even now.

I don't understand, Casey. It can't be you expect (or even hope for) such a disparate grouping to get behind one view of what The Rangers are - because they represent many different things to us all.

That, for me, has always been a cause for celebration.

You call them names on a messageboard while across the city wee Declan is doing the exact same thing. You are a part of the problem. Someone who is quite happy to cut off their nose to spite their face just so that you can see Celtic suffer.

I'm talking about Rangers signing RC's, breaking ties with the OO, stopping certain songs being sung. Every single time they told us' if we do this they'll leave us alone'.

Did they fuck.

Damn you Nacho Novo and your penalty in Florence.

None of it has stopped you following The Rangers, Casey. So, can we assume what ever it is that you are blethering about doesn't matter that much to you despite the hot air?

Assuming you're not just fishing here - you'll know, for example, that The Rangers have been signing RC's for a long, long time.

I haven't stopped going but the way things are going that might change soon as my views are becoming more and more marginalised within the Rangers support nevermind elsewhere.

We didnt we signed Mo Johnstone because he was the best international stiker Scotland had to offer remember the 3 foreigner rule ?

And back then nobody gave a fuck about Public image as compared to today.

Souness on it

"They both knew that if Rangers was to be accepted as a proper football club it couldn't have this ridiculous situation hanging over it."

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/editors-choice/2009/07/07/exclusive-signing-mo-johnston-was-bit-of-mischief-admits-graeme-souness-on-20th-anniversary-of-shocking-transfer-86908-21500722/

It was definitely a factor although I agree they didn't just sign him because of his religion but it was certainly convenient!

I haven't stopped going but the way things are going that might change soon as my views are becoming more and more marginalised within the Rangers support nevermind elsewhere.

That's your decision, Casey, but you never struck me as a man who requires the vindication and approval of others to make choices regarding your club.

And it's your club as much as it is anyone else's no matter how they view all things Rangers.

It was definitely a factor although I agree they didn't just sign him because of his religion but it was certainly convenient!

I think convenience would be the last thing on the their minds when the decision was taken to sign Super Mo. The reaction was as feral and unreasoned as they must have anticipated.

Anything but convenient. Brave and bold are both more appropriate! Entirely in keeping with what I expect from our greatest of clubs.

Souness on it

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/editors-choice/2009/07/07/exclusive-signing-mo-johnston-was-bit-of-mischief-admits-graeme-souness-on-20th-anniversary-of-shocking-transfer-86908-21500722/

Yeah they also signed him cause he was going to our nearest rivals.

I don't understand, Casey. It can't be you expect (or even hope for) such a disparate grouping to get behind one view of what The Rangers are - because they represent many different things to us all.

That, for me, has always been a cause for celebration.

Of course I don't. Even in 'the good old days' there wasn't 100% agreement, so there's not much chance of it happening now

I think convenience would be the last thing on the their minds when the decision was taken to sign Super Mo. The reaction was as feral and unreasoned as they must have anticipated.

Anything but convenient. Brave and bold are both more appropriate! Entirely in keeping with what I expect from our greatest of clubs.

I can't argue with brave and bold but I still think the religion was a big factor.

That's your decision, Casey, but you never struck me as a man who requires the vindication and approval of others to make choices regarding your club.

And it's your club as much as it is anyone else's no matter how they view all things Rangers.

I understand that, but as Adoniram pointed out yesterday, it has got to the stage where your whole life could be turned upside down by a remark or a gesture at the football, all the more recognisable to the law as everyone else is sitting down with their arms folded. You are well aware of what is like to change your stance on follow following?

I understand that, but as Adoniram pointed out yesterday, it has got to the stage where your whole life could be turned upside down by a remark or a gesture at the football, all the more recognisable to the law as everyone else is sitting down with their arms folded. You are well aware of what is like to change your stance on follow following?

I've seen all the changes (for better and worse) since I first started going in the sixties Casey. My own view is that I expect this law to be unworkable and that it will not survive without major surgery.

Was that the vedict mate ?

Yep, big Sammy said he'll delay it amid concerns, but should be done by the end of the year.

Fair fucks to him, he didn't have to, especially with fucknuggets like Doris and Cunningham choking for this to go through to suit their wee agendas.

Can I just say something to caseyjones I think it is fans who are the opposite that you mention in your post that have got us into the most trouble.

Like it or not those 2 ayrshire guys who are on trial for allegedly doing what the have done are Rangers Supporters and they have given the mhanky mob more ammunition than anything the "appeasers" have done. i.e given wheels for the bandwagon that has got us into this stupid situation with this new SNP bill.

Is that what you the spineless do ?

Yep, big Sammy said he'll delay it amid concerns, but should be done by the end of the year.

Fair fucks to him, he didn't have to, especially with fucknuggets like Doris and Cunningham choking for this to go through to suit their wee agendas.

Cheers mate, good enough for the mhanky bead rattling bastards..