Ken Anderson & Steven Whittaker

stewaj3

i dont really giv a shit if he ends up leaving to go to bursa or anywhere else. he is not going to further his career by moving anywhere right now. nobody big enough wants him and rightly so. hes an alright player but very easily replaced. i think whyte would be right in saying pay 2million or forget it. its either that or we get peanuts for him and lose him next summer anyway. i think hes a total arse. i totally can not understand the purpose of an agent for footballers. everyones wages are very public so it should be easy enough to negotiate what you think you should be earning with a club. agents are another football passion killer. all they do is remind the majority of todays footballers that they are money grabbing bastards.

The reason agents are now seemingly indispensable to the vast majority of players is that in the past clubs stitched many players up, either with long binding contracts, low wages, or both. Plus, most players are thick as mince when it comes to legal matters and need someone with half a brain to act for them. Simples.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20k from what 6-8k a week? If thats not a big enough raise to stay I don't know what is. You could offer me 100k a week te play in Turkey but it still wouldn't be enough te live in that shit hole. Bursa keep offering insulting money te the club but outragious wages te the players in hope the player will demand a transfer. SCUM! pure and simple just like every other team in those horrible colors. My only problem with this and the Shagger, Edu trade rumours is that we haven't signed anyone first. Sign a replacement then boot the ungratefull ones and keep the loyal players. Whitty remember WE CAN do better than you. Gers made you look good. See ya! WATP!

dear oh dear

i don't know what's pissin me off the most

whittaker and his agent thinking he's worth 20k a week

or whyte/ally thinking he's worth 20k a week

all of them are clearly wrong...

If hes been offered 20k or more somewhere else then quite simply they are not thinking hes worth it....the facts prove he is worth it

So what's the problem?

Tell him tae GTF somewhere else and take his £20k a week.

I never said there was aproblem, you did. You said he has no excuse for asking for 20k a week I just merly pointed out IF he has been offered more elsewhere and IF Rangers were prepared to offer him 20k a week then that's two excuses for asking for it.

As I said, if he can get more elsewhere then good luck to him, that's his right and I wish him well if he decides to take that route.

Lest not get all misty eyed about loyalty.....it doesnt exist from either the club or the players.

I never said there was aproblem, you did. You said he has no excuse for asking for 20k a week I just merly pointed out IF he has been offered more elsewhere and IF Rangers were prepared to offer him 20k a week then that's two excuses for asking for it.

As I said, if he can get more elsewhere then good luck to him, that's his right and I wish him well if he decides to take that route.

Lest not get all misty eyed about loyalty.....it doesnt exist from either the club or the players.

Don't you think Bursaspor are only offering him this kind of money in the hope that signing him will help Mhiller to settle there?

If they think he's a £20k a week player, then why are they offering less than £1m to buy him?

Don't you think Bursaspor are only offering him this kind of money in the hope that signing him will help Mhiller to settle there?

If they think he's a £20k a week player, then why are they offering less than £1m to buy him?

Is that what we tried with Salim Kerkar? But I think you are right.They want Whittaker as Miller's babysitter.The more I think about it the more I think we would be better off selling him for 1 million and then trying to get Hutton back.I would pay him 20K a week and I think he is much better than Whittaker.

Scott Carson has just signed for them and stated that it was Kenny who sold the club to him and told him he loved the place , club, football ,fans nothing about disliking it and wanting to come home ...

First i'm gonna start off by saying I've no problem with players leaving in order to better themselves or show ambition, I've also no problem if we offer a player a poor deal and he chooses to go elsewhere. I don't believe in this case we've done either.

I'll start with Ken Anderson, you sir are nothing short of scum bag of an agent, you've been whoring your client out for the highest wages you can get encouraging rangers to make your player a good offer in order to get him to stay. So you know what we bite and offer to make Whittaker the highest paid player at this club and you decide this isn't good enough for your client.

Then what you do is rather than encourage your client to come out and explain why this deal has been turned down, you basically piss on all our faces by basically telling us your client is going to leave for nothing in a years time if we don't accept a derisory offer from Bursaspor.

Next I'll move to Whittaker, first off id like to go on record and say thanks for his efforts at the club, he's been excellent and that goal against sporting Lisbon will be remembered for sometime. You always gave your all for this club & I believe will continue to do so until you leave.

However what i'll never forgive you for is the deceit you've shown to our fans. A few weeks ago you said you wanted to stay here and now you wont accept 20k a week as its not enough for you? That's the motive you have? I wouldn't mind as much if you came out and said I've had a rethink its not about the money but I really want a crack at the premiership but no your reasons are purely finance based. Your going to play in turkey in a league not much better than the one your in.

This is the difference between you and the Bougherra's and Boumsong's of the world... they never lied to us, they always made there intentions clear about where they wanted to play right from the start. At least Boyd and Miller had the excuse that they weren't offered massive new deals when they abandoned us, I mean Miller would have had to take a pay cut to stay.

I think your an utter disgrace now and while I will not boo you, as I do not boo any rangers players, I will not applaud you either, You should rethink this awful decision and either continue to play for the club which has helped develop you into the player you are today or at least show some ambition and move to either a top side or a decent side in a top league.

I hope Craig Whyte comes out and says you will not leave for less than 2 million and we sign a replacement for you regardless and if no one comes in for you, you spend the entire season sitting on the sidelines! Raging!

Makes me appreciate the Lee McCulloch's, Stevie Naismiths & Kirk Broadfoots all the more for signing new deals despite our previous financial difficulties!

What a crock of hypocricital shit. You say you have no problem with a player trying to better themselves and then berate whittaker and his agent for trying to do so. You are asking for loyalty and show none.

This is a professional game - his agent is negotiating hard on his clients behalf. If Whyte is half the man we hope he is he will be able to deal with tough negotiations but in a professional manner. We may or may not strike a deal to keep Whittaker, thats life at a professional club. If he stays we have retained a great player, if he goes for more wages than we can offer him then I wish him good luck and hope he does well.

I'd cash in on him.

He's obviously achieved all he wants here and is now chasing the pennies for which you can't blame him really.

Footballs a short career and if he feels like he's done all he can here it's best to cash in on him now rather than lose him for nothing next year whilst he plays half assed throughout the season.

What a crock of hypocricital shit. You say you have no problem with a player trying to better themselves and then berate whittaker and his agent for trying to do so. You are asking for loyalty and show none.

This is a professional game - his agent is negotiating hard on his clients behalf. If Whyte is half the man we hope he is he will be able to deal with tough negotiations but in a professional manner. We may or may not strike a deal to keep Whittaker, thats life at a professional club. If he stays we have retained a great player, if he goes for more wages than we can offer him then I wish him good luck and hope he does well.

Well how nice of you to reply, clearly you've not interpreted that clearly, in that by better himself, I meant in a footballing ambition sense not in an egotistical fat bank balance sense. 20k a week? yeah your right he deserves better.... my arse!

I've already said I wont boo him, If he's here next year I'll remain confident that he'll do a job for us, but this is just pure greed and is a big 2 fingers up to rangers and McCoist who have along with hibs turned him into the player he is now. He's not even prepared to sign a deal to get us a fee which to me tells me all I need to know. My other argument in all this is that moving to turkey will not better him as a player, in my opinion Bursa are a small club and going no where!

How you can sit there and defend a rangers player for turning down an offer to almost triple his wages in order to move to turkey is beyond me! Money is not everything and I for one hope his career goes up the shitter if he leaves us in this fashion!

If he went to the premiership or a decent club and gave us an opportunity to get a fee then I'd wish him all the best, but no he hasn't. The bougherra's, boumsong's even Jelavic's of the world made it clear where they wanted to be right at the start so rangers had the opportunity to cash in on them... Whittaker a few weeks ago wanted to stay at rangers and sign a new deal... now we're not good enough and all he's looking for is money!

And you question me for not showing loyalty? absolute rubbish!

Well how nice of you to reply, clearly you've not interpreted that clearly, in that by better himself, I meant in a footballing ambition sense not in an egotistical fat bank balance sense. 20k a week? yeah your right he deserves better.... my arse!

I've already said I wont boo him, If he's here next year I'll remain confident that he'll do a job for us, but this is just pure greed and is a big 2 fingers up to rangers and McCoist who have along with hibs turned him into the player he is now. He's not even prepared to sign a deal to get us a fee which to me tells me all I need to know. My other argument in all this is that moving to turkey will not better him as a player, in my opinion Bursa are a small club and going no where!

How you can sit there and defend a rangers player for turning down an offer to almost triple his wages in order to move to turkey is beyond me! Money is not everything and I for one hope his career goes up the shitter if he leaves us in this fashion!

If he went to the premiership or a decent club and gave us an opportunity to get a fee then I'd wish him all the best, but no he hasn't. The bougherra's, boumsong's even Jelavic's of the world made it clear where they wanted to be right at the start so rangers had the opportunity to cash in on them... Whittaker a few weeks ago wanted to stay at rangers and sign a new deal... now we're not good enough and all he's looking for is money!

And you question me for not showing loyalty? absolute rubbish!

Shock horror. Professional football player wants best deal he can negotiate. Disloyal bastard!! (OMG !!)

He has not left yet - he is negotiating hard - whats wrong with that ? Should he just be happy at whatever crumbs we throw him or is he allowed to have an opinion of his worth ? I know we would all love to have 20 or so players, who only played for the jersey, who never left, never drew a wage and just did it for the love of football and the club (and provided they had the quality to keep winning) but that is a long way from the reality of a professional club. I also love you argument that those who declare they are only here to use Rangers as a stepping stone are somehow better than Whittaker because they declared there 'use' of the club.

I do note you said you would NOT boo him if he stayed - I also note you said earlier you would not cheer him either. I guess it would be best if all our signings declare their mercenary status before signing for us and that way no one would question them when they left.

Comments in mhedia from his agent this morning say to me he is away. Would like this resolved asap so we can move on and bring in a new RB.

Whittaker's agent, Ken Anderson, said: "He'll see out the final year of his contract and we'll talk to other teams in January if Rangers keep rejecting offers.

"It's up to Rangers if they want to miss out on a transfer fee."

Maybe his agent should be telling Bursa to up their derisory offer for a player he is trying to get a multi million contract for!

Comments in mhedia from his agent this morning say to me he is away. Would like this resolved asap so we can move on and bring in a new RB.

Whittaker's agent, Ken Anderson, said: "He'll see out the final year of his contract and we'll talk to other teams in January if Rangers keep rejecting offers.

"It's up to Rangers if they want to miss out on a transfer fee."

Maybe his agent should be telling Bursa to up their derisory offer for a player he is trying to get a multi million contract for!

And why would an agent do that? The lower the fee the more money in the dael for the player and agent. He's just doing his job.

Shock horror. Professional football player wants best deal he can negotiate. Disloyal bastard!! (OMG !!)

He has not left yet - he is negotiating hard - whats wrong with that ? Should he just be happy at whatever crumbs we throw him or is he allowed to have an opinion of his worth ? I know we would all love to have 20 or so players, who only played for the jersey, who never left, never drew a wage and just did it for the love of football and the club (and provided they had the quality to keep winning) but that is a long way from the reality of a professional club. I also love you argument that those who declare they are only here to use Rangers as a stepping stone are somehow better than Whittaker because they declared there 'use' of the club.

I do note you said you would NOT boo him if he stayed - I also note you said earlier you would not cheer him either. I guess it would be best if all our signings declare their mercenary status before signing for us and that way no one would question them when they left.

Spot on, how anyone is niave enough to think their is any loyalty left in the game trully baffles me......from club and player

I understand Whittaker is an professional player and he will choose whats best for his bank account(not for his career, no), but that is just wrong. Some brainless idiot named Ken Anderson go to the press and made ultimatums? Haha! What a fuckin fanny that guy is. The player should be ashamed by the way Anderson talks to the club. If that 20k p/w will make him one of the highers earners in the team, then dont fuckin give them to him. Cause there is absolutely no way hes one of the best players in the club. In fact, i would rather have Foster or Cole at RB. Just sell him the next time those turkish idiot make an offer and let him go, if they dont - sent him to train with the reserve team and let his contract expire. The last thing the club needs is average players taking 20k p/w.

I understand Whittaker is an professional player and he will choose whats best for his bank account(not for his career, no), but that is just wrong. Some brainless idiot named Ken Anderson go to the press and made ultimatums? Haha! What a fuckin fanny that guy is. The player should be ashamed by the way Anderson talks to the club. If that 20k p/w will make him one of the highers earners in the team, then dont fuckin give them to him. Cause there is absolutely no way hes one of the best players in the club. In fact, i would rather have Foster or Cole at RB. Just sell him the next time those turkish idiot make an offer and let him go, if they dont - sent him to train with the reserve team and let his contract expire. The last thing the club needs is average players taking 20k p/w.

Luckily for Rangers, both our previous manager and our present manager disagree with you on Whittakers' talents. We are not going to have a big 1st-team squad therefore a player of Whittakers' versatility is one of our most valuable assets. He's now an established internationalist and if reports are to be believed he has been offered much higher wages to play his football in a better league than he is presently in. His agent is likely to have a much better idea of his market value than anyone on this forum, and is negotiating accordingly. I don't see the problem.

And why would an agent do that? The lower the fee the more money in the dael for the player and agent. He's just doing his job.

Did Willie McKay not use that as an excuse to get Thomson and Brown new deals? Using their potential trasfer fee to ask for higher wages.

If this agent wants the move for his player and i have no doubts terms have already been agreed then he ought to have a word with Bursa and tell them to get their finger out and make a suitable offer, or there will be no deal for him or his client.

Did Willie McKay not use that as an excuse to get Thomson and Brown new deals? Using their potential trasfer fee to ask for higher wages.

If this agent wants the move for his player and i have no doubts terms have already been agreed then he ought to have a word with Bursa and tell them to get their finger out and make a suitable offer, or there will be no deal for him or his client.

the sacked the agent who got them those deals and brought in mclies

Whittaker would have been the second best paid behind Davis?

Give that £20k and some more pennies to Allan McGregor, he's far more deserving than Steven Whittaker!