Roberto Carlos May Quit

Jordo

A spectator threw the banana at Carlos during a league match between Russian sides Krylia Sovetov Samara and Anji Makhachkala in the city of Samara.

The Brazilian 2002 World Cup winner who now plays for Russian club, Anzhi Makhachkala promptly tossed the banana back and walked off the pitch in disgust.

"I am really upset by what happened, It was a nasty surprise and I really hope that the Russian football authorities get to grips with this so that the person who did it is found and punished," he said afterwards.

Team-mates said Carlos broke down in tears when he got back to the dressing room and appeared crushed by the racist jibe.

"I am used to there being no racism in football," Carlos added. "Russia should not be an exception."

The Russian Football Union said it considered the football fan behavior inappropriate and said it would order a criminal investigation into the incident.

FIFA dismissed claims that the Russian game was riddled with racism to award it the 2018 World Cup last December accepting assurances that the authorities would crack down on racism.

Sad times, he looks absolutely devestated.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/sportvideo/footballvideo/8595914/Banana-thrown-at-Roberto-Carlos-during-Russian-football-match.html

Video in the link.

Surprised they haven't tried to brush this under the carpet like they done with the disguting Odemwingie banner. Racism is still a very real problem in Russian football.

Thought this was a ncie touch by WBA (tu)

dcq93t.jpg

Disgusting. Probably the first time in his carer he's had to deal with that, and comes as no surprise it happened in Russia.

Anyone doing that to a man as experienced and revered as Roberto Carlos is clearly no fan of football.