Hemdani - will he fit in next year?

nvager

Guest therabbitt
no one would call Makelele fast would they? his game is built around slowing play down and allowing other more creative players play and bomb forward, especially the full backs, two of the most important positions in modern-day football

And Kevin Thomson couldn't do this?

Yeah of course he could, he aint done it in a blue shirt yet and Hemdani has been all season, one of our best players, cant just drop our best players, that is one of the reasons Thomo is warming the bench

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no one would call Makelele fast would they? his game is built around slowing play down and allowing other more creative players play and bomb forward, especially the full backs, two of the most important positions in modern-day football

Yeah of course he could, he aint done it in a blue shirt yet and Hemdani has been all season, one of our best players, cant just drop our best players, that is one of the reasons Thomo is warming the bench

Im sure I can remember Hemdani going on about being 'unsure' of his future soon after PLG left, that won't have done him any favours.

Guest therabbitt

Im sure I can remember Hemdani going on about being 'unsure' of his future soon after PLG left, that won't have done him any favours.

Yeah, your right but that may have been due to the rumours that WS was gonna rid the club entirely of foreigners, id be worried of my future if I heard that, speculation though

Id be sad to see him not playing, he has served us well this season through some pish. Agree that Thomson is probably the long-term answer though

Doubt Smith would pay £2million for a player who is going to sit on the bench. Thomson will be an ever present next season(preventing injuries)and I think Hemdani maybe on the move.

Yeah, your right but that may have been due to the rumours that WS was gonna rid the club entirely of foreigners, id be worried of my future if I heard that, speculation though

Id be sad to see him not playing, he has served us well this season through some pish. Agree that Thomson is probably the long-term answer though

I can see Thomson and Hemdani behind Ferguson in the away games in the CL next year tbh. We'll need both of them. Had a dream that we're gonna get Sevilla, very random I know.

hemdani must be sold, probably the 20th time ive said it on this forum but he is playing well and should be sold to a french club, im sure there are some tracking him, that will hopefully give us some transfer money back on brown and we have a young scottish replacement with a lot of potential who will offer more drive than hemdani. no doubt hemdani has been a good player for us though this season, i just think he should be sold.

Sadly I agree. Our best player this season but once Smith bought Thompson I think he's a luxury we can ill afford. Personally I think we'll be weaker for it but hopefully Thomson will improve.

If anyone wanted to pay me half of what hemdani gets, I could pass the ball 10 yards to the side :joe:

Hemdani offers far more than that to a team, he is a class act, i had my doubts at first when he came, but he is phenomenal, the best defensive midfielder in the league

I disagree.

His close control is excellent, he can turn out of dangerous situations, spot a good short pass to ease pressure and tackle better than some other midfielders (cough Barry cough)

He needs a map when going forward, is a sh*te bag, no urgency, slows down play, never tracks a runner and generally doesn't offer us anything that Thomson can't.

Have you actually seen a Rangers game this year? doh

Aye, and I have attended the majority of them.

I was at the Inverness game where there was no urgency and it cost us, which is down the guys like Hemdani.

I'm not blaming him for dropping points in the game, but he has absoluty no urgency about his play what-so-ever, you can't deny that.

Hemdani should stay. If we seriously want to compete in the Champions League and at the top of the SPL then we need players like Hemdani it's as simple as that. The guy oozes class and is one of the most composed players on the ball I have seen in a long time. Just because he takes his time on the ball and doesn't play at 100 miles an hour like other players it does not mean that he lacks urgancy, he is just intelligent enough to hold onto the ball until the right moment to release it, you could almost argue that he is too intelligent to be playing in this league.

It baffles me that people wince and moan about the lack of quality we have here and yet they would rather have a "future hope" in Thomson, who has done nothing outside of the SPL, infact he's done nothing in the SPL this season playing then one of Europe's most consistant performers in Hemdani.

Mind boggling really. <cr>

Hemdani should stay. If we seriously want to compete in the Champions League and at the top of the SPL then we need players like Hemdani it's as simple as that. The guy oozes class and is one of the most composed players on the ball I have seen in a long time. Just because he takes his time on the ball and doesn't play at 100 miles an hour like other players it does not mean that he lacks urgancy, he is just intelligent enough to hold onto the ball until the right moment to release it, you could almost argue that he is too intelligent to be playing in this league.

It baffles me that people wince and moan about the lack of quality we have here and yet they would rather have a "future hope" in Thomson, who has done nothing outside of the SPL, infact he's done nothing in the SPL this season playing then one of Europe's most consistant performers in Hemdani.

He's a decent squad player, IMO.

I just think he's not suited in the SPL.

It sounds daft but he could probably do a decent job in Spain.

IMO, you need your defensive midfielders to be good at defending, Hemdani simply isn't.

Just my opinion.

Hemdani is our best and most consistent performer this season and deserves to be in the team. He may end up back in defence with weir all the same. I would not rule it out. I personally think if we have two young CBs playing together Hemdani would be fantastic playing behind them as a sweeper.

If we play a 3 man midfield next season, there is no reason Hemdani, Ferguson and Thomson can't play in the same midfield very effectively.

I disagree with that.

I think it's daft having Thomson and Hemdani in the same midfield, and I think Thomson offers us more so I would drop Hemdani.

It's different if we are playing in Europe, but when playing against the likes of Kilmarnock, having 2 defensive midfielders is very negative and unnecissery.

Again, just my opinion.

I disagree with that.

I think it's daft having Thomson and Hemdani in the same midfield, and I think Thomson offers us more so I would drop Hemdani.

It's different if we are playing in Europe, but when playing against the likes of Kilmarnock, having 2 defensive midfielders is very negative and unnecissery.

Again, just my opinion.

Mate, I'm not saying we have to play those 3 every time but when you play with 3 attacking players, usually it makes tacticial sense for at least 2 of the midfield players to be more defensive.

We need to build a squad not move players on. Keep Hemdani and keep Thomson both of whom are very good players IMO. Instead buy the attacking players to compliment them properly instead of the likes of Burke, Buffel and Adam who offer next to nothing in terms of consistency and genuine quality.

He's a decent squad player, IMO.

I just think he's not suited in the SPL.

It sounds daft but he could probably do a decent job in Spain.

IMO, you need your defensive midfielders to be good at defending, Hemdani simply isn't.

Just my opinion.

I think easy jet have some nice prices for the likes of him

I disagree with that.

Again, just my opinion.

Mate, I'm not saying we have to play those 3 every time but when you play with 3 attacking players, usually it makes tacticial sense for at least 2 of the midfield players to be more defensive.

We need to build a squad not move players on. Keep Hemdani and keep Thomson both of whom are very good players IMO. Instead buy the attacking players to compliment them properly instead of the likes of Burke, Buffel and Adam who offer next to nothing in terms of consistency and genuine quality.

(tu)

Hemdani is decent, but if it came to a straight choice between him or Thomson, which it probably will, I would have to go with Thomson.

It helps the squad and gives us choices having, Thomson, Ferguson and Hemdani who can play a sweeper role if necessary. Agree BUY SOME QUALITY ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS - thats our pressing need

It helps the squad and gives us choices having, Thomson, Ferguson and Hemdani who can play a sweeper role if necessary. Agree BUY SOME QUALITY ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS - thats our pressing need

Spot on. We need a decent central attacking midfield player more than anything. This has been the case for a long time now.

Was Thomson a knee jerk purchase or the make weight in a deal for Brown?

I was not impressed with him at Hibs and still think he is no more than a middle of the table player although maybe experience of playing under pressure every game might improve him.

Hemdani has more than proved to be a class player in midfield with more skill,composure, foresight and even pace than Thomson.

Was Thomson a knee jerk purchase or the make weight in a deal for Brown?

I was not impressed with him at Hibs and still think he is no more than a middle of the table player although maybe experience of playing under pressure every game might improve him.

Hemdani has more than proved to be a class player in midfield with more skill,composure, foresight and even pace than Thomson.

(tu)

It was a panic buy from WS, in short.

Will Hemdani stay though?

whats thomson done to merit being picked infront of hemdani?

He offers more, it's as simple as that.

He doesn't really though.

Both are holding midfiedlers.

Hemdani is more composed on the ball, has more experience and knows the players around him better than Thomson.

Thomson offers us a bit of balance and an occasional run forward.

whats thomson done to merit being picked infront of hemdani?

He offers more, it's as simple as that.

He doesn't really though.

Both are holding midfiedlers.

Hemdani is more composed on the ball, has more experience and knows the players around him better than Thomson.

Thomson offers us a bit of balance and an occasional run forward.

Thomson can play a pass, and by pass I mean through ball, whereas The Crab is going to play it to the side.

Hemdani is a big girl aswell, you need bottle to play in Scotland, he doesn't have it.

When you think about it, Thomson offers us a hell of a lot more.

JMO.