We Will Get The Best Out Of Fleck

cantona

I find it a bit strange that we dont know his best position after 3 years in the first team squad

Everyone in Scotland bar Walter Smith knew where & how to play Fleck, Walter thought he could play him in any position & he would shine, Unfortunately he didn't even get enough time in his wrong position nevermind his preferred one.

Everyone in Scotland bar Walter Smith knew where & how to play Fleck, Walter thought he could play him in any position & he would shine, Unfortunately he didn't even get enough time in his wrong position nevermind his preferred one.

Problem is that the position that he is supposedly best at requires the team to be built around him - as soon as you decide to play with a player behind a main striker who isn't a central midfielder (and Fleck can't tackle to save himself) you exclude a lot of other options. This was the same problem we had with Buffel. Where's the evidence that Fleck is good enough to justify playing a formation just to suit him?

You don't need to be standing in your natural position to be able to control a football though.

He's a central player being asked to play as a winger on the graveyard left wing slot, it's no wonder he doesn't look comfortable. It's not even like with Davis where he's allowed to wander inside at will, he's actively encouraged to stay wide.

Whatever John Fleck shows at training gets left there, i dont see anything at all that shows he can be a top player for us.

My thoughts too.

I have never saw anything there and the time when fans were hailing him as talented I was scratching my head. Arrogant wee sod too. He may have another bite of cherry yet, but when that has come and gone we need to let him go - no more of this 'injuries and loss of form' crap from Ian, if Durrant is so sure of his talent then let him cough up the lads wages.

Problem is that the position that he is supposedly best at requires the team to be built around him - as soon as you decide to play with a player behind a main striker who isn't a central midfielder (and Fleck can't tackle to save himself) you exclude a lot of other options. This was the same problem we had with Buffel. Where's the evidence that Fleck is good enough to justify playing a formation just to suit him?

I am not saying we should totally change the formation to include fleck, How many time last season did we play a 4-4-1-1 with someone like lafferty in behind our main striker? Why not give the young boy who we have nurtured in that position for the last 6-7 years in our youth teams a run out in there when we have a game wrapped up instead of playing him out on the left?

Hows about this?

McGregor

Broadfoot Cuellar Bartley Papac

Davis Ness

Fleck

Naismith Jelavic Lafferty

Would love to see Rangers play with this type of adventurous formation, or even the popular formation on the continent 4-2-3-1 which I would picture to be fairly similar to your suggested team. There is two ways to look at this formation though, its to an advantage that Laff and Naisy on either side work very hard, but always worry that they drop too deep and we become a 4-5-1, which happened alot in Smith's reign when we played this formation.

In europe, Lafferty and Naisy could drop that wee bit deeper. Jela is the closest we've had to a complete forward in years, as long as he gets the support around him, and if Fleck was too play in this role he could feed the balls through to our frontline.

In an ideal world Fleck would have been loaned out by now, and have played a full season, playing week in week out. I agree with some peoples opinion that he hasnt been great when he has played for us (apart from a few games when he made his breakthrough), but the staff at Murray Park have been talking about him for years as a massive talent, whether we have seen it yet or not he must have something special to his game. I just worry that IF we were to let him go, he would rip up the championship and become the next Charlie Adam! We should all remember though, that this guy is still only 19. Writing someone off at 19 is silly.

There is nothing more I want to see, than see Fleck become successful, I said it in another thread and hopefully by this time next season he will do a stevie naismith and I can gloat like fuck :D

Surely apart from the timposters on here we all want what is best for the club from the ones who go every week through to the ones who live thousands of miles away we are all united by our love of the club.

Shouldn't gloat about one player doing well when we all want everyone to do well whoever pulls on that red white and blue strip for us. WATP.

Surely apart from the timposters on here we all want what is best for the club from the ones who go every week through to the ones who live thousands of miles away we are all united by our love of the club.

Shouldn't gloat about one player doing well when we all want everyone to do well whoever pulls on that red white and blue strip for us. WATP.

I'm not going to be a top cunt, and be a cheeky cocky prick, just the thought I can say I told you so to many doubters of the boy will be a good feeling if you follow me (tu)

ship him to st johnston for a season and let him maybe enjoy his football in a squad wher ehe could be one of the better players, do his confidence wonders getting regular footy and i think mcinnes knows what he is doing

I'm not going to be a top cunt, and be a cheeky cocky prick, just the thought I can say I told you so to many doubters of the boy will be a good feeling if you follow me (tu)

I no mate wasn't digging at you at all just meant every single bear wants us to do well whatever player manager boardroom tea lady whatever it might well be but we all want them to do their job to the absolute best of their ability.

I do agree about flecky I do see something in him there is a player in there somewhere I like SWSLs idea of loaning him to a club with an ex gers player as manager however I'd rather he went to either Motherwell or Birmingham ideally the latter more competitive football and the chance to properly shine witb better players around him than elsewhere in the spl would have.