Charlie Adam

In my opinion our support has been over the top in their criticism of Charlie Adam this season. As other posters have stated, he's been played out of position all season long and still had a bigger influence on games than any other player, with the obvious exception of Barry Ferguson. Adam may not be the perfect physical specimin we would all like to see in a Rangers shirt, but he's got something that very few of his team-mates have. Natural talent.

IMO Adam, Burke, Hutton, and of course Ferguson should be the Scottish backbone to our team for years to come.

No Stevie Smith or was it a typo?

Considering our record with players returning from injuries I'd rather wait and see. If he continues to develop as he has so far then he'll surely be a regular for years too. (tu)

What baffles me is how he can be unfit or overweight, I think the same about Kris Boyd.. there is no excuse for a professional footballer in this day and age to be carrying any excess flab or being anything less than fit to run for 90 minutes non-stop. What the hell are they doing at training? Sitting behind the floodlights smoking tabs and eating pies?

The coaching staff should be having a serious word in their ear and getting them on double shifts for fitness training. I think it is outrageous that they get paid several thousand pounds A WEEK and have the audacity to waddle around looking knackered after 60 minutes.... and I think the coaches need to shoulder some of the blame

Perhaps if Adam lost a stone he might find he does have some pace and perhaps he would not get such a hard time.... Rant Over

Good point. Why haven't the coaching staff and fitness experts sorted out Adams & Boyds weight issues? <cr>

What baffles me is how he can be unfit or overweight, I think the same about Kris Boyd.. there is no excuse for a professional footballer in this day and age to be carrying any excess flab or being anything less than fit to run for 90 minutes non-stop. What the hell are they doing at training? Sitting behind the floodlights smoking tabs and eating pies?

The coaching staff should be having a serious word in their ear and getting them on double shifts for fitness training. I think it is outrageous that they get paid several thousand pounds A WEEK and have the audacity to waddle around looking knackered after 60 minutes.... and I think the coaches need to shoulder some of the blame

Perhaps if Adam lost a stone he might find he does have some pace and perhaps he would not get such a hard time.... Rant Over

Good point. Why haven't the coaching staff and fitness experts sorted out Adams & Boyds weight issues? <cr>

Look what happened when PLG tried to implement a more cultured method of training and fitness, all the scottish guys threw their toys out the pram. That is why scotland will never be as good as a lot of nations of similar size. We do not take it professionally enough.

Look what happened when PLG tried to implement a more cultured method of training and fitness, all the scottish guys threw their toys out the pram. That is why scotland will never be as good as a lot of nations of similar size. We do not take it professionally enough.

nail and head come to mind!

nail and head come to mind!

WAKEY WAKEY GUYZ......everything thats been arranged in the past few years has been done by that barsteward Murray

He is running the club for his own benefit not for the fans

Fish

If you think Bazza and co are at their physical peak then you are aff yer nut., That has nowt to do with Murray. It is down to them refusing to change their ways and get the finger out.

They are lazy coonts and think that they have made it since the yare with us now. It is the mentality of them, and the refusal to change their ways which holds them back.

Ye canny blame Murray for the fact they love monster munch so much!

Fish

If you think Bazza and co are at their physical peak then you are aff yer nut., That has nowt to do with Murray. It is down to them refusing to change their ways and get the finger out.

They are lazy coonts and think that they have made it since the yare with us now. It is the mentality of them, and the refusal to change their ways which holds them back.

He is one of the milkers and he knows it...lets get the dead wood out for the 100th time

I have never said the likes of Fergie are at their physical peak....I would run every one of those lazy barstweards right down Paisley Road West

Fish

He is one of the milkers and he knows it...lets get the dead wood out for the 100th time

I have never said the likes of Fergie are at their physical peak....I would run every one of those lazy barstweards right down Paisley Road West

It's all well and good saying get the dead wood out. Everyone agrees with you on that. It just is not possible. We don't have the money to splash on revamping the whole squad. We are stuck with Murray for the moment as no1 wants to buy us.

Because of that we are going to be stuck with guys like Adam and Burke so what they need to do is work to make sure they are as fit as they can be. The only thing worse than a player with limitied ability is a fat, lazy player who thinks he is billy big time with limited ability.

Too many of them in ibrox.

Agreed. They also get paid way too much for doing feck all. Our back-ups to the first team are probably all driving 30k cars.

Maybe Walter should do the same with them as he did with The Goalie first time round - get fit or you are on the transfer list.

Fish

It's all well and good saying get the dead wood out. Everyone agrees with you on that. It just is not possible. We don't have the money to splash on revamping the whole squad. We are stuck with Murray for the moment as no1 wants to buy us.

Because of that we are going to be stuck with guys like Adam and Burke so what they need to do is work to make sure they are as fit as they can be. The only thing worse than a player with limitied ability is a fat, lazy player who thinks he is billy big time with limited ability.

Too many of them in ibrox.

I agree with you 100% brother.....but at the end of the day Murray employes those guys and Wattie is his puppet