Pedro Mendes Leaves Sporting

Yip bring him home along with hutton who spurs are going to accept 3million from AV for.

pedro-free

hutton 3million

Carlos 2.5million

Goodwillie 2million

one or two on free tranfers

add wee Vlad and big Kyle bartley on loan, and i'll be one happy bear. (tu)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"What ? He won the champions league how can he be overrated ?" was the answer I got when ever I shared your opinion.

Quite pathetic really.

Mendes was the right man at the right time for our fans. We had been sorely lacking any creative spark for 3 years and he certainly provided this. The only problem was that 95% of his good performances came at Ibrox. He put in 2 standout away performances, one in his first game at Celtic Park and one on the final day at Tannadice.

Mendes was the right man at the right time for our fans. We had been sorely lacking any creative spark for 3 years and he certainly provided this. The only problem was that 95% of his good performances came at Ibrox. He put in 2 standout away performances, one in his first game at Celtic Park and one on the final day at Tannadice.

You do realise I wasn't debating with you at any point with your comment above ? I was agreeing...

One of the most technically gifted centre mids we've had in the last ten years anyway. Infact THE best. But his age is a stumbling block. No many other players in the SPL have the pleasure of saying they played in the world cup if any

One of the most technically gifted centre mids we've had in the last ten years anyway. Infact THE best. But his age is a stumbling block. No many other players in the SPL have the pleasure of saying they played in the world cup if any

Is Mendes in the SPL again ?

No, but Rangers are..

Yes but your comment wasn't anything to do with Rangers...

No many other players in the SPL have the pleasure of saying they played in the world cup if any

Anyone reading that comment would obviously assume you were talking about current SPL players saying they'v played in the world cup, not past players or teams in the spl who have had players previously that have played in the world cup...

Yes but your comment wasn't anything to do with Rangers...

Anyone reading that comment would obviously assume you were talking about current SPL players saying they'v played in the world cup, not past players or teams in the spl who have had players previously that have played in the world cup...

If you read the whole post the reason I brought up the world cup was an argument for Mendes signing. Can't spell that out to a greater extent really

Yip bring him home along with hutton who spurs are going to accept 3million from AV for.

pedro-free

hutton 3million

Carlos 2.5million

Goodwillie 2million

one or two on free tranfers

add wee Vlad and big Kyle bartley on loan, and i'll be one happy bear. (tu)

Your obviousy going to be an unhappy bear then because that list of signings is a complete pipedream.

Nah. I wouldn't have him back. I never really got the hype about him. Was a good player in spells but never really done it consistently enough for me. Had the odd flash of brilliance, although I always thought a lot of games passed him by. No doubt I'll get slaughtered for this, but its my opinion!!! :P

Mendes played a few good games for us but was way too inconsistent.

I watched games where Mendes would be doing a terrific job in the middle and people would bash him suggesting he was doing nothing. I think people underestimate his influence. His one touch passing, always moving the ball forward, range of passing, quick thinking isn't as spectacular as a Gazza solo run I'll give you that. But he's a fantastic playmaker with a great pedigree (He's won the Champions League). We have no one at Rangers who can play a 'killer pass' the way he use to.

The amount of times he tried a spectacular pass and failed was annoying.

I take it you're not a big fan of Charlie Adam. That lad got the same shit from our fans for years. People use to say of Barry Ferguson 'he always passes backwards or to the side' or 'he slows up the play'. I'm starting to think you can't win with our support.

LOL @ CL medal comment. What next John O'Shea and Darren Fletcher are fantastic because they have the same medal? doh

It's ok you can continue to talk nonsense like Mendes having a great shot, whilst averaging about a goal per season. :lol:

No I'm not a fan of Charlie Adam or the likes of Steven Gerrard because I dislike the constant failure attempts at the hollywood type passes. Adam would not be half if the player if he was not good at set-pieces.

Barry Ferguson was certainly more than player who played the ball back or to the side, he was a very good footballer who was brilliant for Birmingham in the EPL. He would still do a job in that division.

He scored 5 goals while he was with us.

Yes if John O'shea and Darren Fletcher can start in a champions league winning side then they are a highy quality of player.

I've said it once and I'll say again..Name me a centre mid of the last ten years that was of a higher quality than Mendes.

As for your inconsistency pish..I'm pretty sure he ran most of the Old firm games he was in. And whenever he wasn't on the ball he ran pitchlengths to close down. Just because he has a cracker of a game one week doesn't mean he should expect him to continue that every game of a season. Especially away trips to Hamilton and co