Pedro Mendes Leaves Sporting

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how no better than edu ffs

Edu's been shit, but he's not a shit footballer, if he's able to find motivation under Ally and play to his potential our support will soon forget some of his woeful displays last season.

And even then, your solution to Edu is a much older, past it ex-player ? Fuck...

One of our most overrated players of the last decade for me

He was good when he had time on the ball but any time we faced a midfield that got stuck in he just totally disappeared

One of those players where fans always talk about the player he was capable of being, rather than the player he actually was

Yes I'd love to see him back here. He's a fantastic player. He has a superb shot, amazing one touch passing, vision, he can play 'a killer pass' and would be a great player to have in the squad. If anything happened to Steven Davis Pedro could walk in there and do the job of playmaker no problem whatsoever, and he's free. Would love this (tu)

One of our most overrated players of the last decade for me

He was good when he had time on the ball but any time we faced a midfield that got stuck in he just totally disappeared

One of those players where fans always talk about the player he was capable of being, rather than the player he actually was

"What ? He won the champions league how can he be overrated ?" was the answer I got when ever I shared your opinion.

Quite pathetic really.

Although Pedro Mendes is a terrific footballer and possesses more ability than Edu and McCulloch will ever have I don't see the point in bringing back a 32 year old on big wages when we are trying to breakthrogh Ness and Hutton.

It's a no from me.

Although Pedro Mendes is a terrific footballer and possesses more ability than Edu and McCulloch will ever have I don't see the point in bringing back a 32 year old on big wages when we are trying to breakthrogh Ness and Hutton.

Ness and Hutton could learn a lot from someone with the experience and quality of Mendes. Also, Mendes would come here on a free and his wages last time round were no more than £15k/week so it's not expensive. Put it this way, we could do a lot worse when signing players this summer than Mendes on a free, a lot worse.