The Ibrox Boo Boys

Nothing will change.

The last 11 years I've been going to Ibrox whether we enter the season as champions or not the boo boys are always there waiting to pounce. The only thing that gives me comfort is that we're not the only club that has them.

Always worries me when a grown man shouts boo at a football match

I always wonder what's this guy doing tonight jumping the bins maybe a game of ten man hunt wae his pals

Dosnt sit right with me at all especially 27 seconds into a game our job is to support the team

The rangers support is a funny animal at times a guy like edu who isn't the best but he never hides on the park get dogs abuse yet kerkar is seen as some hero for being bougys mate I know there irony at play but still does edu or kerkar understand that doubt it

The rangers support is a funny animal at times a guy like edu who isn't the best but he never hides on the park get dogs abuse yet kerkar is seen as some hero for being bougys mate I know there irony at play but still does edu or kerkar understand that doubt it

Probably because they have higher expectations for Edu, while Kerkar completing a pass is a major accomplishment.

Although, I personally would never give abuse to any of our players

There is always going to be grunts and groans, with certain players getting it while others get off Scot-free, but it's very seldom that there is actual booing of an individual(Amoruso rings a bell here) and it's not something that I would do personally, although there have been times where I've stayed to the final whistle solely to boo the team off the park and send them a message, Unirea Urziceni being the last such occasion.

it's very seldom that there is actual booing of an individual.

Walter Smith famously stated he knew it was time to let Charlie Adam go when he was being booed before he took to the park.

Denny, Hately, McCoist, Hutton and so many more have enjoyed the special treatment over the years. You need baws of steel to perform in the face of it.

Walter Smith famously stated he knew it was time to let Charlie Adam go when he was being booed before he took to the park.

Denny, Hately, McCoist, Hutton and so many more have enjoyed the special treatment over the years. You need baws of steel to perform in the face of it.

Of course you do, mate. I suppose it's what sorts out the men from the boys and those who can get through it go on to a new level? The bluenose version of natural selection! :D I don't think that is as bad nowadays as it used to be, but that just might be down to the general apathy that seems to pervade Ibrox.

As for the Charlie Adam, Smith and the player himself need to take a large share of the blame for the hard time he got. It can't all be chucked at the fans.

Ibrox is an unforgiving enviroment, the fans are ruthless.

We don't, well we didn't, accept second best, and our very first game at the stadium showed how we would react! :D It's a trait which I believe was, in part, responsible for us being more than a mere football team.

A lot of our support has been spoiled by success. We think we have some divine right to win every game when in reality we have to fight for every point.

So unless we are 1-0 up in the first 5 minutes people start getting restless and complaining.

Just go to the games and enjoy the football and support the team. Do your moaning away from the ground.

A lot of our support has been applied by success. We think we have some divine right to win every game when in reality we have to fight for every point.

So unless we are 1-0 up in the first 5 minutes people start getting restless and complaining.

Just go to the games and enjoy the football and support the team. Do your moaning away from the ground.

You should go and watch Utopia United! :D

Ibrox can be bad at times, but folk over-exaggerate it some times, and you'd think it was the only place in the world it happens the way some folk go on.

Another thing is that a lot of what is done is involuntary reaction. When someone scores I don't think "Oh time to cheer" it just happens, just like sometime I don't mean to let out a "Come of tae fuck you" or a "Furfuxache!"

Some of the things I've heard are mental though, folk booing cause we were drawing 0-0 at half time in a UEFA cup quarter final was bizarre.

Ibrox can be bad at times, but folk over-exaggerate it some times, and you'd think it was the only place in the world it happens the way some folk go on.

Another thing is that a lot of what is done is involuntary reaction. When someone scores I don't think "Oh time to cheer" it just happens, just like sometime I don't mean to let out a "Come of tae fuck you" or a "Furfuxache!"

Some of the things I've heard are mental though, folk booing cause we were drawing 0-0 at half time in a UEFA cup quarter final was bizarre.

Great post. (tu)

I swear that some people will only be happy once there's nothing more than polite applause, like you would hear at the members pavillion at Lords.

The stadium is where you support the Rangers, the boozer is where you grumble about tactics and shit performances. Should be kept separate, or at worst, until the final whistle.

We don't, well we didn't, accept second best, and our very first game at the stadium showed how we would react! :D It's a trait which I believe was, in part, responsible for us being more than a mere football team.

Some fans now do, sadly, accept second best.

MORE THAN A CLUB. :praise: