Tomorrow - 24/07/11

TerryTibbs

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Ortiz and Naisy problem can be solved by simply changing their position.

If Ally starts Ortiz on the left again, I will start to worry about his managerial skills! Ditto with playing Davis on the right wing.

Crazy to think that we finished the season playing so well with Wylde on the left and then he was dropped. I think he deserves a run in the team because our best run of form came when he came in last season and offered natural width.

Agreed.

Short of going 4-5-1, we will see Davis wide right most weeks as Edu and/or Lee wont be dropped.

How we got away with that title finish was remarkable, Wylde is not even close to being ready for our first team mate, but in time, he hopefully will be. He has so much to learn. Our best run of form coincided with our rivals going on holiday early i think and our sheer need and determination to win every match. That need and determination wasnt there today for some reason.

(tu)

Think so, and we need him. Badly

Don't think so. I'd put that on the back burner for now, we have Davis who is better and he isn't the type to complement Davis.

We need quality to come into our side right away, not cover for Davis.

Is he better than Edu or McCulloch? Still cant see either being dropped mind.

I actually think edu can be really good I just hate seeing mcculloch starting. Plus bedoya has got flare which we lacked in the last 20 mins of the game when we just passed and passed.

Agreed.

Short of going 4-5-1, we will see Davis wide right most weeks as Edu and/or Lee wont be dropped.

How we got away with that title finish was remarkable, Wylde is not even close to being ready for our first team mate, but in time, he hopefully will be. He has so much to learn. Our best run of form coincided with our rivals going on holiday early i think and our sheer need and determination to win every match. That need and determination wasnt there today for some reason.

(tu)

Wylde is incredibly raw but he plays like a traditional winger - hugs the touchline, tries to beat his man and get a cross in. I think we look a better team when he plays and I think he was definitely a reason behind our great form at the end of the season.

Plenty to improve on but for me, our best option for the left wing.

Think so, and we need him. Badly

i know mate today our midfield where shocking ...we are missing the weiss type of player ,,theres no drive urgency or flair for that matter ...

we need just a slight spark ..theres nothin there just now .

Don't think so. I'd put that on the back burner for now, we have Davis who is better and he isn't the type to complement Davis.

We need quality to come into our side right away, not cover for Davis.

He can play comfortably on either wing and would bring extra flare down the middle if we play with 3 cms like today.

Would I be wrong in saying Broadfoot is defensively better than Whittaker at right back.

Broadfoot is better defensively than Whittaker, but not great going forward. He's just not flavour of the month for having the temerity to say he's off if he's not getting a game. I would certainly rather have players with no ambition who would rather sit on the bench for years and do bugger all. :)

I actually think edu can be really good I just hate seeing mcculloch starting. Plus bedoya has got flare which we lacked in the last 20 mins of the game when we just passed and passed.

If Bedoya has flair and creativity then i am all for getting him in the team. We are crying out for that little bit of class in the middle of the park.

Wylde is incredibly raw but he plays like a traditional winger - hugs the touchline, tries to beat his man and get a cross in. I think we look a better team when he plays and I think he was definitely a reason behind our great form at the end of the season.

Plenty to improve on but for me, our best option for the left wing.

Thats the thing though, his play is very predictable. I would like to think, in fact, i expect us to do better at left wing and allow Wylde to progress in his own time and learn from someone more experienced.

If Bedoya has flair and creativity then i am all for getting him in the team. We are crying out for that little bit of class in the middle of the park.

I was raging today in the last 10 mins for someone to just take a gamble and you wouldn't believe how much I abused papac for missing that chance

I was just wondering because I reckon he's actually good competition for Whittaker and a better option against European opponents who will attack more, plus I think Whittaker should start to challenge for right midfield with ortiz.

Why not put Whittaker out wide right ahead of Broadfoot? He can run, has a bit on the ball, scores fairly regularly and can deliver a ball once in a blue moon. Then Davis, the only midfielder with any ball skills we have, can play in the middle.

I think Broadfoot is ok left back... left back in dressing room.

The guy isn't Rangers class. He is a squad player at best. I can't fault him for effort. He has never cheated us in that sense.

We need to stop all this nonsense of playing players out of position. Football is generally a simple game, get the basics right and everything else follows.

Two players for every position. Too many 'utility' type players and it all turns to rat sh1t. Players don't like change.

I expect progress tomorrow on a CB. I would love to see Verhoek sign. This guy could make a huge difference.

Irrevelant - we need to think about future games. Naismith, Jelavic and Whitt are all good enough whereas Broadfoot needs replaced.

Even when broadfoot was a first team regular he was never a reliable CB that I trusted to stop an attack. Especially in old firm games.

I think the biggest problem we make to ourselves is that we play edu and big lee together in the middle of the park.You cant have the same type of player going thru the middle,our biggest problems are there is no creativity in that part of the team and we badly need someone who can deliver a decent set piece freekick/corner,no disrespect to davis but not for me on his set piece ability.

Ortiz looked good in stages but out of position.

I honestly beleive that most of signings will come in last week of august.Hopefully we have we can hang on till then.

We have until 5pm on Monday to enter the wildcard for the CL.

The way we go about transfers we need to get a move on.

Plan should be

Tomorrow - Negotiations with clubs, Place bid (hopefully gets accepted)

Monday - Fly player over, quick contract negotiations, medical

Tuesday - Make debut against Malmo

Simples,