Maurice Edu Center Back

rangersxfc

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edu is certainly better than McCulloch and at the moment better than Ness.

No he isnt, McCulloch is a much better passer, retains possesion better,a better tackler and has a much better work rate.

Edu is quicker and is more athletic but thats about it.

And Ness is better than both of them but yes he is better than Ness right now because he is injured.

He's just as good as Davis if his confidence is high. I know everybody loves a good Edu bash but there you go.

Thats just ridiculous.

I defend him all the time so don't play that card, he is a decent midfielder but he lacks the basics so much.

He is athletic and has good pace but thats about it.

Edu at this moment in time is our second best central midfielder; he is better than McCulloch (garbage), Hutton (inexperienced) and Ness (inexperienced, injured for long spells).

1) Steven Davis

2) Maurice Edu

3) Lee McCulloch

4) Kyle Hutton and Jamie Ness.

In that order. Some wont like that, but that's the truth!

Edu at this moment in time is our second best central midfielder; he is better than McCulloch (garbage), Hutton (inexperienced) and Ness (inexperienced, injured for long spells).

1) Steven Davis

2) Maurice Edu

3) Lee McCulloch

4) Kyle Hutton and Jamie Ness.

In that order. Some wont like that, but that's the truth!

You have probably been the most anti McCulloch poster on here so its a very biased opinion from you.

We need a new CM to play beside Davis but McCulloch is a better option than Edu.

Beside what I mentiond what is Edu better at ?

No he isnt, McCulloch is a much better passer, retains possesion better,a better tackler and has a much better work rate.

And Ness is better than both of them but yes he is better than Ness right now because he is injured.

Thats just ridiculous.

I defend him all the time so don't play that card, he is a decent midfielder but he lacks the basics so much.

He is athletic and has good pace but thats about it.

Wow, you literally know fuck all.

You have probably been the most anti McCulloch poster on here so its a very biased opinion from you.

We need a new CM to play beside Davis but McCulloch is a better option than Edu.

Beside what I mentiond what is Edu better at ?

Biased or not, Maurice Edu is a better option that Lee McCulloch - he is absolutely woeful.

Damn right we need a midfielder to partner Steven Davis, someone with the quality of a Davis, McGregor, Naismith, Jelavic... not some mediocre SPL midfielder who rarely stands out (Davidson) or a British Isles/foreigner, with the same standard of quality.

The middle of the park and midfield in general has been poor for too long, and we struggle especially in the central area.

Edu has a better engine, fitness level, pace, he closes down a lot better. He may not be as strong as McCulloch but he still gets about. His movement and positioning is better, he goes from box-to-box and get's into good positions.

His passing and touch is cronic, he takes too many touches to get get the ball under control and he doesn't lift his head enough.

If it's between McCulloch and Edu for a starting place, then it should be Maurice Edu - he offers more than Lee McCulloch.

Ness has not proven anything. He has looked good in spells, but he needs to get fit and remain free from injury before he can be fully judged.

No, Edu has.

McCulloch better than Edu :lol: C'mon now...

Aye true.

Its not as if Edu is considered by the majority rank rotten and is our best player.

Me personally I think he is decent but he lacks the basics and he really doesnt excel in any sort of role. Holding midfielder ? poor ball retention, bit of a shitebag(bad injurys so fair enough), cant tackle and has pretty poor marking. Attacking midfielder ? he has pace and can drive with the ball but he isnt really creative and is a poor passer albeit pretty decent in the air and a no bad finish.

He is better going forward but apart from his athleticism he is a very average midfielder.

Aye true.

Its not as if Edu is considered by the majority rank rotten and is our best player.

Me personally I think he is decent but he lacks the basics and he really doesnt excel in any sort of role. Holding midfielder ? poor ball retention, bit of a shitebag(bad injurys so fair enough), cant tackle and has pretty poor marking. Attacking midfielder ? he has pace and can drive with the ball but he isnt really creative and is a poor passer albeit pretty decent in the air and a no bad finish.

He is better going forward but apart from his athleticism he is a very average midfielder.

Awkt well. If we all had the same opinion it would be a boring world and all that...