The Rangers Sign Alejandro Bedoya

Broxi

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the situation was different I'd definitely agree but if its a player that will be coming for free later on, the money could be put towards bringing someone else in

Every transfer will be budgeted for mate. A certain amount will be allocated to each player. Unless were are forced to greatly increase those fees I don't see any transfer affecting another.

A USA international player for under half a million.

I dunno any situation where that would be seen as anything other than good business.

We only signed him on a pre contract to force his clubs hand.

A USA international player for under half a million is good business yes.

However, A USA international player for free halfway through the season is better business.

You have to weight up the impact he will make in Europa League and decide whether thats worth half a million. We will still be in title contention in January regardless and he can make the difference from then.

Tricky one but if McKay is signed before Uefa deadline I think it would be better to wait for the free and use the 500K towards Cuellar/someone else.

By the time the transfer window shuts Orebro will only have 7 games left to play - they would be nuts not to cash in now - They are currently 8 points off the relegation zone so they are looking more secure now too.

From that information I reckon he will quite possibly come at the 11th hour before this window shuts for well under 500k.

People are going to moan like fuck until that last day though about us taking the bull by the horns with transfers.

i dont know why people are getting excited about this player, what has he done to promote such excitement?

agreed by the way £400,000 is far too much for someone we get in january.

thats £400,000 to get an ok player faster, £400,000 for less than five months?

would you sign an ok player for £400,000 on a 5 month contract?

i know i wouldn't, thats like additional wages of £20'000 a week for that period - you could offer a better wage to attract a higher quality of player to ibrox using that money.

its due to desperation paying for this player just now when we've already had him sign a precontract. i think it's crazy business.

A USA international player for under half a million is good business yes.

However, A USA international player for free halfway through the season is better business.

You have to weight up the impact he will make in Europa League and decide whether thats worth half a million. We will still be in title contention in January regardless and he can make the difference from then.

Tricky one but if McKay is signed before Uefa deadline I think it would be better to wait for the free and use the 500K towards Cuellar/someone else.

But If Edu goes and Wylde is moved on after rejecting a new contract again, we are going to need him or another like him.

I think they are priority areas anyway regardless of players who may leave.

Like I said, I think the pre contract was just a bit of games-manship, we tried to force their hand.

i dont know why people are getting excited about this player, what has he done to promote such excitement?

agreed by the way £400,000 is far too much for someone we get in january.

thats £400,000 to get an ok player faster, £400,000 for less than five months?

would you sign an ok player for £400,000 on a 5 month contract?

i know i wouldn't, thats like additional wages of £20'000 a week for that period - you could offer a better wage to attract a higher quality of player to ibrox using that money.

its due to desperation paying for this player just now when we've already had him sign a precontract. i think it's crazy business.

Is he?

Ive not seen much of him so im unsure, you seen much swedish football this season?

Is he?

Ive not seen much of him so im unsure, you seen much swedish football this season?

eh??

what is it with people like you? huh?

put your glasses on:

"i dont know why people are getting excited about this player, what has he done to promote such excitement?"

the little thing at the end of that sentance is a question mark, it means i was asking a question.

now as for me saying he was an ok player, you think it's not intellegent to take a neutral ground when we don't know much about the player?

i think you could have pulled me up if i said he was a poor or great player, but pulling me up for calling him an ok player is laughable.

going by the lack of press surrounding him, and lack of rep, i think calling him an ok player at this early stage is the correct thing to do.

i thought this guy was being bought with the intention of using him in the future, seems i was wrong. and for the life of me i dont know why this deal is getting pushed through. the only thing i can think is, it might help edu somewhat, but then again that sounds a bit mental.

ps edu is a usa international, and we all know how great he is.

But If Edu goes and Wylde is moved on after rejecting a new contract again, we are going to need him or another like him.

I think they are priority areas anyway regardless of players who may leave.

Like I said, I think the pre contract was just a bit of games-manship, we tried to force their hand.

For some reason I doubt Edu is going anywhere but if he does then yes use some of that cash get him right now. I just dont think using half a million right now which can be used to sign someone else when he is already tied to coming in January is good business.

We all want new faces now. Someone who can come in a make a difference but you have to remember at this stage of the season we really dont know if thats necessary. The team now, with McKay and Cuellar is in my opinion a good enough side to win the title. As the season progresses that can change with injuries etc.

That half a million could be the difference between Cualler coming or not whether it be in his signing bonus/wages or transfer fee.

eh??

what is it with people like you? huh?

put your glasses on:

"i dont know why people are getting excited about this player, what has he done to promote such excitement?"

the little thing at the end of that sentance is a question mark, it means i was asking a question.

now as for me saying he was an ok player, you think it's not intellegent to take a neutral ground when we don't know much about the player?

i think you could have pulled me up if i said he was a poor or great player, but pulling me up for calling him an ok player is laughable.

going by the lack of press surrounding him, and lack of rep, i think calling him an ok player at this early stage is the correct thing to do.

i thought this guy was being bought with the intention of using him in the future, seems i was wrong. and for the life of me i dont know why this deal is getting pushed through. the only thing i can think is, it might help edu somewhat, but then again that sounds a bit mental.

ps edu is a usa international, and we all know how great he is.

What the fuck???

Pulling you up? You described him as an ok player, i know very little about him and have seen him play bout 10mins of football. By describing him as an ok player you gave me the impression, wrongly as it turns out, that you knew a bit about im. I asked you that. In no way did i attempt to pull u up.

The only thing laughable is your rediculous over reaction to a simple question. You asked why we're excited about him? Because we're signing him, we need players, and some believe he may be a decent addition.

Aye you could be right, we're rushing this one through to help edu, doesnt sound mental at all. Think we might be rushing it through because we think he might be good?

And if your going to try n be a smart arse describing to me what a question mark is for, can you atleast spell sentence correctly

What the fuck???

Pulling you up? You described him as an ok player, i know very little about him and have seen him play bout 10mins of football. By describing him as an ok player you gave me the impression, wrongly as it turns out, that you knew a bit about im. I asked you that. In no way did i attempt to pull u up.

The only thing laughable is your rediculous over reaction to a simple question. You asked why we're excited about him? Because we're signing him, we need players, and some believe he may be a decent addition.

Aye you could be right, we're rushing this one through to help edu, doesnt sound mental at all. Think we might be rushing it through because we think he might be good?

And if your going to try n be a smart arse describing to me what a question mark is for, can you atleast spell sentence correctly

I'm not taking sides but "ridiculous". :ph34r:

surely spelling is not an indication of intelligence?

"Ive not seen much of him so im unsure, you seen much swedish football this season?"

think everyone knows what you meant by that, and it was not an innoscent question. :)

if you were indeed trying to ask an innoscent question you would have gone along with something like this: "has he been good for orebro sk?" etc

i doubt many scottish football fans based in the uk watch much swedish football, thats a given

surely spelling is not an indication of intelligence?

"Ive not seen much of him so im unsure, you seen much swedish football this season?"

think everyone knows what you meant by that, and it was not an innoscent question. :)

if you were indeed trying to ask an innoscent question you would have gone along with something like this: "has he been good for orebro sk?" etc

i doubt many scottish football fans based in the uk watch much swedish football, thats a given

Ok, whatever mate. Are you not excited by this signing then?

spoke to a mate today who knows jimmy bell and is often in the players lounge. he says bedoya will sign this summer not jan and cuellar will sign as well.

Hqppy days, 3 more please Ally