Ian Durrant

We were having a discussion at work about who is the best player Scotland have produced in the last 25 years.

For me it has to be Ian Durrant.

In fact, very few payers in the UK in the last 25 years were better, if any at all.

Before his injury, he was so special there would have been very few teams he would have walked straight into, a real gem.

We will never how good he really would have been if it wasn't for his horrific injury, but when he did come back he was still a class act.

As soon as Big Jock saw him play, he knew he had just found a very special talent.

Just wondered everyones thoughts?

Great post.

I'm only 21 remember, but I've done my homework, especially on the 9-in-a-row team. When you think about it, there really was no SCOTTISH player better than Durranty during that time.

I would love a 50-50 challenge with that bastard Simpson down the 5's.

He was up here for a function at the Aberdeen Supporters Club but my Aberdeen supporting mates said you were not aloud to ask questions about it!

Cowardly bastard hiding away and wont even answer questions about the fact that he hindered a potential World Class players career.

Durrant was absolute magic, one of my favourite players ever to grace the shirt. Can't think of anyone else that tops him for talent given the qualifications you've set, so I wholeheartedly agree (both with Durrant being tops and what the others have said about that prat Simpson).

Durrant was some player, no doubt. I remember watching a 'special' on Durrant on the Champions League Saturday afternoon programme with Ian St John and Jimmy Greaves highlighting the injury and how he'd came back from such a horor tackle. This was during the 92/93 Champions League run when we had Marseilles, Bruges and CSKA Moskow in our group.

the song used in the tribute was Bon Jovi's Keep the Faith. Ive got it on video somewhere. It was shown after the second leg against Leeds, Im pretty sure.

I would love a 50-50 challenge with that bastard Simpson down the 5's.

He was up here for a function at the Aberdeen Supporters Club but my Aberdeen supporting mates said you were not aloud to ask questions about it!

Cowardly bastard hiding away and wont even answer questions about the fact that he hindered a potential World Class players career.

it was a disgraceful challenge but come on lads ... getting carried off on the physios back with his leg dangling around certainly didn´t help the damage done to his knee ...

He was awesome and cool as a cucumber when finishing off great moves. I believe he would have went on to Italy and been huge, Gazza Style.

agree with everything but the Italy bit ... he would never have left us - unlike the players of today guy´s like durrant knew what it meant to have the privelage to play for the club you love

Durrant was a great talent killed off to a large extent by injury.

What about Goram, McCoist, Cooper, and yes Dalgleish and Souness too - we had some great Scottish talent at that time.

Eddie Gray, Lorimer and Billy Bremner at Leeds - was that a bit earlier?

Another tragic Scottish player was John White of Spurs - killed by lightning.